Like many others I spent countless hours researching this resort prior to booking. This was a surprise birthday present for my boyfriend. I had made certain room requests at the time of booking and was happy to see that the room was to my specifications. They have 80 rooms; there were maybe 6 other couples that we observed during our week there. I will not make this a long winded review and simply cover my personal pros and cons.
Pros: The grounds and resort are perfectly kept and extremely clean. The staff is exceptionally hard working and eager to please. The surrounding area is upscale and safe for foot travel. The pool at the main resort is amazing, and the bartender Fredy rocks. Beach club views are great and the food is wonderful. Diner at Grand Velas, Piaf; for approx 30USD-well worth it. The bed was perfect as were the pillows. Weather- hot muggy sunny, just how we like it.
Cons: The music played in Emilianos is bad and very repetitive. We heard the same Guns and Roses remake CD playing almost everyday that we were there. At times it prevented us from dining there, finally we requested to either turn it down of change the music. When I travel I want to hear music that is local to the area. Room service food was cold a few times. No entertainment to speak of, after 6 PM the pool and beach club are closed, they have a small bar open until 12 or 12:30, or you could have a late diner at Emilianos... I did not like signing the bill after each food/beverage service, I feel it should be removed.
Overall I would recommend this resort to couples seeking absolute relaxation; peace and quiet, alone time and great service. We learned that we enjoy more activities and entertainment while on vacation, not to take away from what Casa Velas has to offer- just not a great match for us. We still enjoyed our time there and walked over to the marina and Velas resort, whick was ok- the food not as good there. Our last night was diner at Grand Velas, superb in every way. We were uncertain on tipping and asked another couple that has stayed many times what they do. Their rule of thumb is 3USD for breakfast, 5USD lunch, and 10USD diner and extra at the end for their favorites. So that is what we adopted for tipping and made it easy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to a beautiful beach resort in Puerto Vallarta for an indulgent vacation refuge with sublime dining, a pristine beach, ocean club, golf courses, pools and a spa. Our spectacular resort is within walking distance of Puerto Vallarta's sophisticated 500-slip marina and 15 minutes from the city center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Casa Velas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Velas Boutique Resort
- Hotel Casa Velas Boutique