“WOW....where do I began!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Casa Velas

Ranked #2 of 126 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
GreenLeadersGold level
Europe
“WOW....where do I began!!!”
Reviewed 10 October 2012

I will start by saying this is the first time that I have ever left a hotel and bawled in the bathroom because I was sad to be leaving the actual hotel and the employees. Casa Velas is truly a second home for me, and will always hold a special place in my heart for hosting the most fabulous day in my life, my wedding. Casa Velas is one of, if not, the very best hotel I have ever stayed at in my life and I grew up staying at some of the best hotels in the world. The pictures on the site, do not do it justice! It is an oasis for peace, relaxation and true luxury. The rooms are gorgeous, the drinks delicious and the food is indescribable. Beyond the material things, what really makes this property special are the employees. Gabriela in group sales has become a real friend and is a true professional in both planning and coordination. Also, she truly cares about her clients. Angel in the Concierge is a true professional, always responsive and happy to service any need or want. The girls at the reception are absolutely wonderful, and my girls in the spa are the epitome of professionalism and service. The staff at the Beach Club are so kind and accommodating, and really make you feel like you are on a private beach. I could write for days, but all I have to say is there is absolutely NO contest do yourself the biggest favor and enter the fabulous world that is Casa Velas. You will never regret it, but only leave planning your trip back like we are currently doing now. Oh and regarding the wedding, all my guests said hands down it was the most beautiful and best wedding they have ever been to and we are tough people to please.

Room Tip: Get a grand class room with the plunge pool if you can!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
12 Thank PlovesTravel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
Ellicott City, Maryland
Reviewed 2 October 2012

Before selecting Casa Velas Resort for our Honeymoon I spent countless hours researching the hotel and the surrounding area. Upon arrival the staff was amazing. We did not care for our room to be on the lower floor so we went back to the desk and they accommodated us with a bigger suite at no extra cost. We enjoyed the beach club, the restaurant at the hotel and at neighboring Vela Vallarta. Service was amazing, the pool was fantastic and the Benny Special from the bartender was OUTSTANDING!! Our vacation at Casa Vela was cut short and we was moved to the Grand Velas and it was grand!!!

Overall i give Casa Velas 5 stars and can't wait to visit again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank cyounge
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 September 2012

This hotel has absolutely wonderful staff and grounds. The problem is that you have to take a bus to the beach club - not good enough in Puerto Vallarta. We also gave the hotel plenty of notice of us wishing to leave 2 days earlier than planned as we had to come home early - and they charged us the full cancellation fee despite 1.5 hours on the phone with Booking.Com and the Hotel - they also wanted to charge an extra $200 and refused to refund it - am now in dispute with the card company - they almost spoiled our stay in PV - Never again.

Room Tip: Their Suite is the smallest and cheapest room - don't be fooled!
3 Thank Brian G
casavelasmanagement, Guest Relations Manager at Casa Velas, responded to this review, 30 September 2012
Dear Guest

It is always a pleasure to know that we have exceeded our guest’s expectations on regards of the service provided by our dedicated staff and the food quality at the property.

Thanks for your positive comments on our service and colorful grounds, as you know we are situated along the fairways of the Marina Vallarta Golf Club. Just seconds from the beach and minutes from Puerto Vallarta International Airport, our spectacular Puerto Vallarta, Mexico resort is also within walking distance of Puerto Vallarta's sophisticated 500-slip marina and 15 minutes from the charming city center of Puerto Vallarta with its famous mile-long boardwalk, El Malecón.

I deeply regret the inconveniences found with the reservations agency, please allow me to suggest our contact center department for booking directly with the hotel and avoid this sort of circumstances, I also offer my concierge services in advance where we will be more than happy to plan and arrange your stay here with us.

Thank you again for expressing your opinion about your stay with us and it will be my pleasure to welcome you in your next visit.

Receive a warm greeting from Casa Velas.

ANGEL GARCIA V
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 26 September 2012

The minute my husband and I arrived in Casa Velas, Angel Garcia and his wonderful staff were there for us; to greet and welcome us, eager to help us with all of our wishes, making us feel like we were in heaven. Their smiling faces wiped out all of our accumulated frustration from canceled flights and time share “sharks”.
We were taken to our room that didn’t have a balcony and when I asked for a change, it took Angel a minute to accommodate my request. He gave us every single bit of information that we needed to start enjoying our wonderful time in Casa Velas.
The grounds are beautiful and sparkling clean, the services exceptional, the meals are delicious and decorated with an acquired taste. Excellent room service!
All of the staff is extremely professional and friendly. We had the feeling that they could read our minds before we could even spell out our request.
I booked our first vacation to Mexico, based on recommendations from TripAdvisor and will never regret my choice. Both my husband and I have worked for over 15 years in the Tourism Industry, our area of expertise being hotels and restaurants and international tourism. I could not find a single flaw in the services, a single thing to be unhappy about and that is a huge compliment for Casa Velas; I am by nature a very picky customer.
Thank you, Angel Garcia. You are a rock star! Many thanks to all of your staff; they too are wonderful.
Thank you Daniel, for your great services as our waiter! Thank you to all the restaurant staff and the amazing chef! Thank you Freddy – the bartender at the pool and all the workers around the pool and the exotic gardens, who keep the landscape so gorgeous!
I am looking forward to come back!
Few recommendations:

I loved the new event that Angel invited us to; releasing newborn turtles in the ocean. Please continue it! It was an absolutely amazing experience for everyone (I know this is usually done for kids, but adults can have great time and fun as well).
The Private Beach Club is the perfect place for some entertainment at night – dances, wine tasting, and other fun activities as well.
Next time I come, I’d love to see a guided trip of Grand Velas and possible dinner and a show there. That would be an awesome activity that could be offered to guests.
About the tropical city tour - please let the tour guide know that it’s much better for the tourists to have an hour of free time in the city to explore on their own, instead of being stuck in tiny shops and having to wait for the bus to take them to next shop.
And last but not least, if Velas Resorts had their own travel agency, I probably would be the first one to book with them. I am impressed with Angel Garcia’s communications with customers and his professionalism and efficiency when it comes to arranging travel matters. Chief concierges should aspire to his level of customer satisfaction.

Keep up the great job, stay well, and smile; you are all shining stars!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank Jana N
casavelasmanagement, Guest Relations Manager at Casa Velas, responded to this review, 21 October 2012
Dear Guest.

We appreciate very much your high opinion of our premises and the service you always receive from our staff.

The entire crew at Casa Velas will always extend a cordial welcome to this hotel, where we want you to feel at home and we will do our best to serve you with the excellence you deserve, our commitment is to meet and exceed your expectations and special requirements to make of this stay your best VACATION ever. And put special attention in all the details for your total comfort.

Thank you so much for your positive comments on our restaurants, and the colorful grounds, girded by the beauteous sunset of Banderas Bay where you will find an indefinable hospitality experience.

Thank you again for expressing your opinion and for giving us the opportunity of being your host, needless to say that I will be more than happy to welcome you in your next visit here at your home away from home.

Receive a warm greeting and a friendly HOLA from Casa Velas.

All the best!!

ANGEL GARCIA V.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 26 September 2012

Just had one of my most memorable vacations ever at Casa Velas in Puerto Vallarta. The staff is attentive and warm, the grounds are stunning and serene and the food is wonderful (both a la carte and buffets). The all inclusive package is such a great deal - every aspect of the hotel is 5 stars!! My husband's favorite parts were how strong the AC was in the room (of course it was adjustable) and the pillow menu! Can't wait to return!!!!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are very roomy!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank jlt4444
Dear Guest.

We are so grateful for considering Casa Velas as your favorite destination. Thank you so much for your positive comments on our service and our restaurants.

Our commitment is to meet and exceed your expectations and special requirements to make of your stay your best “VACATION” ever.

Receive a warm greeting from Casa Velas.

ANGEL GARCIA V
Brighton, MI
Reviewed 21 September 2012

Like many others I spent countless hours researching this resort prior to booking. This was a surprise birthday present for my boyfriend. I had made certain room requests at the time of booking and was happy to see that the room was to my specifications. They have 80 rooms; there were maybe 6 other couples that we observed during our week there. I will not make this a long winded review and simply cover my personal pros and cons.

Pros: The grounds and resort are perfectly kept and extremely clean. The staff is exceptionally hard working and eager to please. The surrounding area is upscale and safe for foot travel. The pool at the main resort is amazing, and the bartender Fredy rocks. Beach club views are great and the food is wonderful. Diner at Grand Velas, Piaf; for approx 30USD-well worth it. The bed was perfect as were the pillows. Weather- hot muggy sunny, just how we like it.

Cons: The music played in Emilianos is bad and very repetitive. We heard the same Guns and Roses remake CD playing almost everyday that we were there. At times it prevented us from dining there, finally we requested to either turn it down of change the music. When I travel I want to hear music that is local to the area. Room service food was cold a few times. No entertainment to speak of, after 6 PM the pool and beach club are closed, they have a small bar open until 12 or 12:30, or you could have a late diner at Emilianos... I did not like signing the bill after each food/beverage service, I feel it should be removed.

Overall I would recommend this resort to couples seeking absolute relaxation; peace and quiet, alone time and great service. We learned that we enjoy more activities and entertainment while on vacation, not to take away from what Casa Velas has to offer- just not a great match for us. We still enjoyed our time there and walked over to the marina and Velas resort, whick was ok- the food not as good there. Our last night was diner at Grand Velas, superb in every way. We were uncertain on tipping and asked another couple that has stayed many times what they do. Their rule of thumb is 3USD for breakfast, 5USD lunch, and 10USD diner and extra at the end for their favorites. So that is what we adopted for tipping and made it easy.

Room Tip: We stayed in 503A, grand class plus suite with a plunge pool on the ground floor and liked it. We we...
1 Thank mdirette
Setauket, New York
Reviewed 15 September 2012

I almost didn't write this review because I don't want too many travelers finding this gem of a resort!

The wife and I decided to celebrate both our 25th anniversary, and, my 55th birthday at this romantic, intimate boutique resort. From the moment the gates swung open at the entrance to the resort to the moment we departed - we were treated to superlative service and graciousness by everyone on staff. As we entered the reception area we were greeted, seated and welcomed with a refreshing drink. Only then were we checked in while sitting on the couch with the candle tower pool beside us gurgling away. They explained all the amenities and made reservations for us at Emiliano's - their highly rated restaurant on premises - which, by the way, is pretty spectacular (while some reviews found menu too limited - we spent the whole week there and never had to repeat a meal). We entered our room to find chocolate covered strawberries and a note congratulating us on our anniversary. Casa Velas continued to celebrate both days throughout the week - including special drinks by Fredy at the Aqua Bar, and celebratory plates and cakes at Emiliano's, as wella as chocolate cake in our room on my bday ... classyl...very classy. And that was the tone for our whole time there - very classy. Casa Velas could have been called Casa Alan & Joan for we felt like we were treated as family owners.

And, just so no one thinks this review is too good to be true - I will say the only small, small, tiny disappointment I had was that we didn't upgrade our RCI member room reservation to one of the one bedroom suites. There wasn't any seating or dining table in our suite... so we didn't take advantage of their room service...except while we were lounging in our private immersion pool - sipping margheritas and snacking on guacamole and salsa!!!

Finally, a few special shout-outs to Jorge, Bernardino, Cruz, Edgar, Beny, Fredy Daniel, and,... truly... everybody! (please don't take offense if we forgot anybody!!!)

We loved being there and we hope to return to Casa Velas in the near future...

3 Thank amazn57