This was our 3rd -2 week stay and no we are not owners. The last stay was Jan. 2009 and I wrote a review then as well. We normally do not repeat a resort as there are so many out there- but this resort? Simply heaven.
I wonder how many people stop to smell the waterlilies first thing in the morning? If you pause by one of the ponds you will breath in the wonderful scent and you will hear the soothing sounds of the small waterfalls.I think we all tend to hurry and bustle, but this hotel encourages you to be more laid back with their choice of music and the quiet unassuming service. If you want to ramp it up a bit you can always go over to Velas Vallarta or hear the wonderful roar as the waves pound on the shore at the Beach Club.
To get the elephant out of the room yes there were children there each week (around 7/8 in age), one each week. Quiet well behaved children and yes they were at the Beach Club. Did they disturb anyone...absolutely not. There was nothing for them to do and to be honest I cannot see it being an issue. I felt a little sorry for them to be honest. Sounds of stringed instruments gently playing is kind of boring to children-plus lots of "older folks" lying around and no "action". End of story- no problem.
We quite enjoy having the option of using 4 restaurants.When you are getting closer to arrival make sure to find out what day the Beach Club will be open for dinner.(e mail the concierge). One week it was only open one night then the next week 3 nights.I guess it depends on the number of people at the resort. Make your reservation for 6:30 but go around 6:15 to have a drink and watch as the sun sets. It was once again very magical. The food was delicious.
During the day at the Beach Club the service was excellent. Replacement of warm water, and meals served in your "bed at the pool" if you so desired. Many many thanks to a great server Rengal- who made our vacation extra special.His English skills are excellent and I can see this young man moving up the chain of command.
The grounds continue to be outstanding. Staff are constantly cutting, trimming, painting, repairing to keep this resort in top notch condition. It is a pleasure to see that so many of the staff who clean windows and do the grounds work stay with the job year after year.
We were quickly aware of the beauty of the girls that work at the hotel. Starting with the young lady at the gate -that bows to you with her hand over her heart- to the incredible beauty of Claudia and Karolina at the front desk.Their warmth, their sincerity won our hearts. Casa Velas should be very proud to have such staff on their "front lines".
We arrived to huge hugs from Jorge and Alejandro. These are the staff that will "ferry" you to the Beach Club or Velas Vallarta and also show you to your room. Jorge in particular made us feel so welcome due to our returning. He provided excellent knowledge and tips as to what to do and what to see.
The linens on the bed were of high quality and felt excellent as usual. The turn down service is another plus.The bed and pillows were so comfortable. There is also a pillow menu for you. Another plus is that I didn't need to bring my salon shampoo (and next time I won't). They provide L'Occitane products from France which were of high quality and well appreciated.
So we will return again, flying over other resorts in the Caribbean to get to this wonderful resort. If I was asked why we return again and again, I would have to say in huge part to the staff and also the high standards expected in food and service. Well done Casa Velas, my home away from home....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine the perfect resort retreat in the Mexican Pacific Riviera, where luxury and romanticism combine in perfect harmony. Resembling a private estate, Casa Velas offers Condé Nast and AAA award-winning service in a casually elegant and intimate boutique atmosphere in Puerto Vallarta. This boutique hotel enjoys a garden setting surrounded by the Marina Vallarta Golf Course. A beachside experience waits just three minutes away at your private Ocean Club, with stunning sunsets and memorable dining. Unlimited transport is available day and night to whisk you to the golden shores of the Mexican Pacific. The Ocean Club is a place of supreme peace and tranquility for enjoying an infinity pool, jacuzzi and terrace with impressive ocean views. Our luxurious getaway invites you to enjoy the comforting sounds and vibrant colors of the tropics as you discover the true meaning of relaxation and luxury at an all-inclusive Puerto Vallarta resort paradise. Recently chosen as one of the Top 10 hotels in Mexico and the Caribbean in three categories - Luxury, Relaxation/Spa and Hotel for Romance - by TripAdvisor®, Casa Velas is an enchanting destination where simple pleasures rejuvenate your mind, body and soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Casa Velas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Velas Boutique Resort
- Hotel Casa Velas Boutique