Winter was way too long, cold and snowy this year, so we searched out a winter exchange for our Worldmark time share. Why? We love Worldmark but I wasn't available for presidents week. So we looked at an RCI exchange.
Casa Velas was available. It was our first time there - we had been to Dreams, the Grand Mayan and Club Viva before but decided to try Casa Velas because of its reviews. I did this with a bit of dread - the reviews were great. This always bothers me because reviews that good are often hard to meet as they set high expectations. Were we disappointed. No - we were very pleased.
Let us begin. When we arrived the airport in Puerto Vallarta was very busy. You do not disembark on the tarmac but it is quite a walk. So if you have a disability like I have (a bad leg) ask for a wheelchair.
When we passed immigration, we were sent to one carousel then changed to another. when we exited - our transportation was not there We were able to find the booth and after producing our form, we were ushered into a taxi and taken the short distance to our hotel. Upon arriving, we were given and taken to our room. It was not the room we had arranged for and there were stairs, so we requested another. They complied readily and the rest of he week was fine.
The restaurant at Casa was very good, but after a week you will have tried most meal choices. Breakfasts were great.
you can eat at the velas Vallarta also, but the quality at the beach restaurant is not as good. The other restaurant at Velas Vallarta is very good but you must reserve on the day you want to go.
The highlight is the beach club. Quiet, beautiful ocean and you can book to eat there three times a week. ?It's very popular so do it early in the week. The sunset is magnificent (better than Hawaii) and after dinner get a flaming Mexican coffee. The act is rather magnificent.
Would we go again? Absolutely. We enjoyed the variety of the meals more at the Dreams resort, but this resort was overall nicer.
One regret - we need to speak more Spanish. We would have appreciated it more.
Also, if you love whales, make sure you take an excursion. My wife loved it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to a beautiful beach resort in Puerto Vallarta for an indulgent vacation refuge with sublime dining, a pristine beach, ocean club, golf courses, pools and a spa. Our spectacular resort is within walking distance of Puerto Vallarta's sophisticated 500-slip marina and 15 minutes from the city center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Casa Velas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Velas Boutique Resort
- Hotel Casa Velas Boutique