I'm writing this review from their business center. I've got an hour to kill before heading back home so I better write my review before I get too busy. Anyways, we can still have drinks and snacks from the bar.
My husband and I are workaholics so this was the perfect place to stay. Everything positive I've read about was correct. We checked in last Friday afternoon with no wait! We were greeted at the door, seated quickly at the reception, given hisbicus tea and a cool towel, and in our room within 5 minutes. Note it's their off season.
We used one of our bonus weeks from RCI so we had to pay the all inclusive fees minus the 3% since we prepaid before arrival. The all inclusive was not bad at all. Yes, they give you a itemized bill after every meal, which I think is good so you know how much you've spent. For us, we made sure we spent $250.00/day since that was the fee per day for both of us. Also, an excursion is included...highly recommend dolphin encounter...we did the canopy tour too, but it was extremely physical and hot. We've done it in Hawaii and was easier. My right arm is so sore. The cab fare to the dolphin encounter was $18 one way!!!
Also these items were inlcuded: Golf usage (cart fee additional), City or Cultural Tour, $100 Spa Certificate, All the food and drinks you can want. I'm a personal chef so I'm very picky.
You have 6 different places to eat...Emilianos, Pool Bar, 24 hour Room Service, the Beach Club, Andreas and La Ribera from Velas Vallarta their sister resort. There was plenty of variety between all choices...most I picked were excellent and some were so, so, but I've never liked everything from any restaurant's menu. Depends on your taste!
I think we got a great deal and had a wonderful time. If you like being waited on hand and foot then this is the place. So quiet and peaceful..no kids...and everyone is so nice and attentive. Bring at least $100 in ones for tipping if you plan on staying one week! Tipping is included in the all inclusive but we always gave extra since staff employees don't really earn much as I was told. I was curious so I asked at the front desk!
I think the negative reviews are just bad luck. The airport is very close but so is all the other resorts. Airplane noise did not bother us. I love this resort...we've stayed at many...and we'd love to try their sister resort..Grand Velas.
Mariel, Jorge, Hugo, and all their staff members were awesome!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to a beautiful beach resort in Puerto Vallarta for an indulgent vacation refuge with sublime dining, a pristine beach, ocean club, golf courses, pools and a spa. Our spectacular resort is within walking distance of Puerto Vallarta's sophisticated 500-slip marina and 15 minutes from the city center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Casa Velas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Velas Boutique Resort
- Hotel Casa Velas Boutique