“Wonderful Service, Great Facility” 5 of 5 bubbles

Casa Velas
Ranked #2 of 127 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
GreenLeadersGold level
New Jersey
“Wonderful Service, Great Facility”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

We had a wonderful vacation at Casa Velas last week. My wife and I had been to this hotel four years ago and liked it very much. We returned this time with a small group of family members and friends, three of whom had special needs. The staff couldn't have been nicer to us and the service was excellent. The entire facility is still very well maintained, as is the beach club, and access to Velas Vallarta gave us many options in terms of activities and entertainment -- quiet for some, more lively for others. The food and service at Emiliano's and the beach club are excellent, and the staff at the spa was particularly welcoming. Vanessa, about whom a couple of other reviews have commented negatively, greeted us upon arrival and was terrific in terms of making sure that our accomodations met our needs and that we were happy throughout our stay. Other staff members who gave us special treatment were Rangel, Jorge, Joel, Efrem and Oscar (concierge and front door) and Carlos, Marco, Benny, Daniel, Jorge and especially the always smiling and extremely pleasant Gerardo (restaurants and bars).

We would highly recommend Casa Velas to anyone looking for a relaxing, quiet and very enjoyable vacation.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank lookingforfivestars

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

This place is just so special and we really enjoyed our stay. We were celebrating my 40th and wanted someplace special and luxurious. We were narrowed down our choices to Enchantment Resort in Sedona (considered one the finest destination spa resorts in the world) and Casa Velas. We ultimately chose Casa Velas and don't have a single regret.

We arrived on the day of my birthday and we had let the resort know ahead of time it was my birthday. Our prearranged transportation with VIP (arranged by Casa Velas) was easily found at the airport and we were at Casa Velas within minutes. When we arrived the concierge was able to confirm our dinner reservations for our stay which included a dinner at the beach club, the chef's dinner, and one dinner at Emiliano. Check in seemed a bit confused as there were unclear on how much deposit we had put down and what balance was due. It was settled after a short wait and we were shown to our room.

Our room was a Grand Class Suite (not the plus category) which had a king bed and a Jacuzzi on the balcony. I think it must dependent upon what room you get if you have a Jacuzzi or plunge pool on the balcony. It was too hot during our stay to sit in the Jacuzzi. Not sure I would upgrade next time as we never used it. King bed was very comfortable and bathroom while a bit small and dated was clean and nice enough. Quite a bit of noise does come in from the hall at night including birds all night long and the occasional squak from a peacock. We simply downloaded a whitenoise app on our phone and didn't hear a thing after that. We enjoyed the room and found it to be very comfortable. Airconditioning was very strong and kept us cool. There was a bottle of wine and a happy birthday cake in the room when we arrived which was a nice touch.

We changed and went for a late lunch by the pool. There were only a few people by the pool and bottles of water and drinks were brought quickly. We had a steak quesadilla, shrimp wontons, and shrimp cocktail (not on the menu but so good so ask for it). They were all delicious and the shrimp cocktail was wonderful with a kick of chili lime sauce. The descriptions of the food on the menu sounded plain but the actual taste and presentation far exceeded our expectations. This was the highest quality pool food we had ever had at an all inclusive by a long shot and I think is on par or exceeds that in non-all inclusive 5 star resorts.

That night we headed to the Tequila Tasting headed by Ecker. It was an informative lesson on the types of Mezcal and in particular Tequila along with cultural background. We really enjoyed it (even if I didn't care for the Tequila as I am not generally a drinker of spirits.) We had dinner at the beach club and found the food to be wonderful and the setting was amazing. The guitarist (along with the several other guests there) sang me happy birthday and our dessert plate read happy birthday. My husband surprised me with a bottle of champagne that he had arranged prior to our arrival. Service was outstanding and the sunset was just the perfect ending to the day. We went to grab a glass of wine at the lobby bar to take to our room and Benny offered us the bottle. It was nice as we stored it in our fridge and we were able to have a bedtime glass of wine in our room the rest of our stay.

Breakfasts were either room service or at Emilianos. We found all the food to be delicious and freshly prepared. Plenty of fruit and healthy options on offer as well as sausages and bacon. If you don't see what you want on the menu, just ask.

The following days were spent at the beach club enjoying the beach side infinity pool, great drink service and lunch. I have never found Asian food to be good at any Mexican resort I had been to previously, though they all try to do it. However, we found the Asian inspired dishes to be very tasty here, specifically I enjoyed the shrimp fried rice and tuna tataki at the beach club. If you want something listed as an entrée as an appetizer, just ask. Really, whatever you want, just ask. They don't miss a beat and if it is possible, I felt as they would make any reasonable request happen.

We enjoyed the chef's dinner one night led again by Ecker and the wonderful chef which is served with cocktails and wine pairings. The food is presented in front of you and they explain how it is made and the ingredients. They incorporate the popular dishes at the chef's dinner into the main menu so they ask for your feedback to see if it should make it to the main menu. I enjoyed that I would not have ordered the items presented to me so I got to try things I would not have thought to try. For example, I never order Mahi Mahi as I usually find it to be overcooked and dry. The night of the chef dinner they served Mahi around a fish mouse (seemed like a meatball to me) with pepper and cheese sauces and it was moist and so delicious. The tamarind margarita was also something I wouldn't have thought to order but really enjoyed. We got to know the others at the table and because this is such a small resort we continued to have conversations with them wherever we saw them the rest of our stay. Really an outstanding experience. We would have paid several hundreds of dollars for this experience in our home state or in Napa, so to have this included in our stay was amazing. Dinner at Emiliano's the following night was as wonderful.

We can't wait to return and I hope to make this an annual birthday tradition. The service is on par with most U.S. five star resorts and better than many. By far the food and service here is better than any other Mexican resort we have stayed at. While not inexpensive, the value is there. Thanks for my best birthday weekend ever.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank noodle08
Burlington, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

My husband and I recently returned from a truly fabulous week at Casa Vela.

Our experience at this boutique resort was outstanding in every regard. It started with our initial contact with their booking agent, Fernanda Olmos, who not only satisfied all of our enquiries, but was impressively prompt in her follow up on our additional requests for information. She couldn’t have been more helpful and her attention continued even after the booking, through to making personal contact at the resort to ensure all our wants were being looked after.

The service we received at this property was second to none. From check-in,the lobby staff, concierge service to the staff at the restaurant, to the housekeeping staff, the attention and service we received was truly outstanding. The dining experience at this property was nothing short of gourmet. The restaurant is open from 7:00am to 11:00pm and regardless of the time of day that we showed up, we were warmly greeted, seated, and served to the highest of standards. Beyond this the menu options were extensive and the food was fantastic. Throughout our entire week at Casa Velas we did not have a meal that we did not thoroughly enjoy.

Our room was spacious, well appointed, and included a plunge pool on our balcony, which offered a great view out onto the 11th and 18th fairways of Puerto Vallarta’s Marina golf course. As we are both golfers, the view in itself delivered some great entertainment value.

A primary motivator for this trip was our love of golf, and this resort provided us with full access to three golf courses: the Marina golf course next door, as well as the two courses at Vista Vallarta, both of which are spectacular PGA champion courses, located fifteen minutes away, up in the mountains overlooking Puerto Vallarta.

Overall this trip either met or exceeded our expectations. The golf was exceptional as was everything about Casa Velas.

My husband and I have travelled extensively, and we typically seek out new destinations and experiences, however Casa Velas is definitely on our list of properties we will return to.

Thank you everyone at Casa Velas for going out of you way to ensure we had a truly wonderful and memorable vacation.

4 Thank Yamina C
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

My husband & I just returned from our 1st stay at Casa Velas staying 7 nights in a Grand Class room. This was our 8th trip to Mexico with previous stays being at the Valentin Imperial Maya, The Royal Playa Del Carmen, Dreams Puerto Vallarta and Grand Oasis Cancun. I apologize in advance for the long review but felt like I owed it to the resort. I also had a hard time finding some detailed information out prior to our trip so hopefully this helps future travelers. I took pictures of all menus that aren’t on the Casa Velas website so feel free to message me on here for a link to those.

Check-In & Out- We arrived on Saturday 4/26 about 30 minutes before check-in and the entire lobby seemed very busy. We were immediately escorted outside and given a cool towel as well as a glass of the delicious hibiscus cold tea. About 20 minutes later Jazmin came by and asked how long we had been there stating she didn’t realize we were there. She copied our passports and took some more information and informed us that our room wasn’t ready. She said to have lunch at Emiliano’s and check back in. We did that but when we checked back in they couldn’t find a bellboy and we were one of 4 couples anxiously awaiting a room. We finally asked if we could just go find our room ourselves since we were ready to change. She allowed us to do that but it would have been nice if Casa Velas had been prepared for the number of guests checking in & out since we got zero resort explanations. In fact one couple we met said they didn’t know that the beach club even existed until their 4th day there. I highly doubt most people read the information book in the room so an explanation of resort amenities would be a nice addition to checking in. Check-out went smoother but again, we couldn’t get a bellboy when we called for one. We had to call twice then ultimately ended up just leaving and let them get our bags on their own.

Room- The room was beautiful and close to the lobby/pool as requested since I was getting over a broken foot. All amenities advertised were provided except for the robes, there were none in the room but we never requested any either. Our mini fridge worked great but a tip we learned years ago is to keep the door in front of the mini fridge open and pull the fridge out from the wall as much as possible, this allows for better circulation and keeps the drinks cooler. There is also a coffee maker, ice bucket, glassware and tray of snacks all included. The plunge pool on the balcony was nice but would get too cold at night and too warm during the day…perfect for a quick afternoon dip though. The bathroom was large but would have been nicer with 2 sinks and a toilet behind closed doors. The one room disappointment was the closet or lack thereof. The resort requires pants for dinner at Emiliano’s but good luck getting slacks to hang up, there is a bar about 18 inches long for all of your hanging clothes and the safe sits on a shelf below that making it hard to properly hang long dresses and slacks. I’ve seen reviews that they can bring in an extra garment hanger but again, we didn’t request that and worked with what was there. There is plenty of room for the addition of an armoire in the main room so that might be a future consideration. We also noticed there was no mirror besides in the bathroom and no type of clock or alarm clock. Housekeeping here deserves mucho kudos – they are the best we’ve had anywhere. They come to your room like clockwork as soon as you leave in the morning and don’t take long to make your room perfect. We only utilized turndown service once and it was nice, nothing fancy but the sweet nuts they left were really good, I wish they sold them in the gift shop.

Pool/Beach- The resort pool was amazing and perfect for relaxing, I didn’t confirm this but was told that it is triple filtered and therefore doesn’t use chlorine. There are tons of spots to hang out, both shallow water and deep. I appreciated the seats that lined several of the walls, they made it very easy to sip on cocktails while swimming. Saturday and Sunday (4/26-4/27) were both very busy and the service around the pool was severely lacking. Servers would pick up our empty drink glasses and not offer a refill. We had to ask 3 times for a food menu and finally just walked to the bar to get one ourselves. We quickly realized that those were 2 off days because the rest of the week w/Daniel leading the pool bar and Gerardo helping were amazing. Don’t forget to ask what the drink of the day is, sometimes there is a martini, shot AND drink of the day. The pool beds are comfortable and there are plenty of shade options. I disagree with previous reviews that say the main pool is shaded most of the day, it was the opposite for us and had great sun from 11:00 AM until almost 7:00 PM. The beach club was really nice as well but again, the service was odd. Jorge at the beach club was great but besides him we had a hard time getting attention sometimes. One day I got a food menu but it was 45 minutes before someone came back to take my order and when most people get up to eat lunch at tables don’t even think about getting timely service to your chair. Not a major problem but definitely an area for improvement. Fresh towels and iced down bottles of water were provided like clockwork in both areas. Both areas also had a collection of books and magazines to borrow for your reading pleasure. Music was playing at both but the pool bar had a better variety and would try to play any requests (with limits of course).

Food-The food at Casa Velas overall was fresh, delicious and presented beautifully. We started each day with breakfast at Emiliano’s – talk about a real treat. Order whatever you want and however much you want, it’s all good and you’ll get everything with a sincere smile. My husband had them make migas for every morning and they were delicious…if you’d like to try ask Edgar or Jorge and they will accommodate. I had typical breakfast fare and enjoyed it all, the French toast was great and the freshly squeezed juices were amazing. The breakfast tamales were also good. Lunch most days was either pool or beach side with a few lunches at Emiliano’s thrown in. At the beach club we really enjoyed the sushi as well as the shrimp dishes while at the Aqua bar we had quesadillas, tacos, burgers, etc. If you have a special request just ask, I wanted a shrimp quesadilla as opposed to the chicken that is offered on the Aqua Bar menu and it wasn’t a problem at all. In fact it was one of the best things I had all week, slightly spicy with the perfect blend of cheese and shrimp. The couple next to us at the pool one day got fried shrimp and shrimp cocktail, again not on the menu but delivered with a smile. Note that the Aqua Bar stays open until 6 or 7 PM but stops serving food at 5PM. Emiliano’s lunch is also really nice, we really enjoyed the fajitas (again ask if you want shrimp instead of chicken/beef) as well as the filet. I could eat the suckling pick taco appetizers for breakfast, lunch and dinner and the sopes are great as well. The sorbets for dessert are also delicious with the passion fruit being my favorite (mojito was a close 2nd). There are a lot of sandwiches on the lunch menus and requesting “no sauce” or “no mayonnaise” seemed to be tricky with a 50/50 success rate.

We only had two dinners that weren’t room service since we filled up so much on the pool and beach club lunches but the two dinners we had were great. The beach club dinner was very peaceful and relaxing with a great local singer and service that was out of this world. Jorge served us (same server from the daytime) and let me have fun with ordering a few different entrees to try. He even let me order the coconut shrimp entrée as an appetizer and they were huge and prepared perfectly. For dinner my husband had a Thai chicken dish that he said was “just ok” but my steak and pasta dishes were great. The chef’s selection dessert plate was great and included chocolate cake as well as an apple tart. Our only complaint from the beach club dinner is that if you don’t like seafood or beets you’re out of luck for an appetizer. Our other dinner out was at Emiliano’s and it was just as good as our other meals there. They had a special bacon wrapped salmon that was perfectly cooked and tasted wonderful. My husband had a chicken dish that he loved but we were both too full for dessert. Again, there is only one chicken dish on the menu so if you don’t eat steak or seafood you might do what we did and have a lot of room service meals.

Room service was great for the most part. We ordered daily and everything was good except for a cold dessert one time (was supposed to be warm) and undercooked rice on our last night. I also tried the Margarita pizza and while the tomato and mozzarella cheese were both good the pizza ‘crust’ was very thick and doughy. My husband didn’t care for the room service burger but said it wasn’t a huge loss. The tortilla soup, red snapper, club sandwich and grilled chicken dish were some of our favorites.

Overall I do agree with other reviewers that the main dishes could come with more veggies. My bacon wrapped salmon from Emiliano’s came with a small side of mashed potatoes (think two bites) and two asparagus tips. You can order as many sides as you like but it would have been nice to get more vegetables without asking. With that being said I’ve never stayed anywhere that tries so hard to accommodate whatever food request you can think of, we really enjoyed that.

Staff-The staff at Casa Velas are just amazing and have made us want to return as soon as we possibly can. Everyone from Jazmin and Leslie at check-in down to Joel (one of the bellboy/shuttle drivers) were as helpful as they could possibly be. Denisse helped answer numerous emails prior to our arrival and even made sure I got into a room that was located close to everything. Rangel helped us make whatever reservations we needed and always asked what else he could do for us. Benny at the lobby bar is great and really knows how to keep the crowd going, his passion fruit margaritas and martinis can’t be missed. Hector, Carlos, Edgar & Jorge at Emiliano’s were a pleasure to dine with, even the hostesses Karen, Lizbeth and Veronica were fun to chat with. Karen kindly called us on our last day to let my husband know he left his prescription sunglasses on the table. One employee really made our stay the most memorable vacation ever and that was Daniel (started out at the lobby bar with Benny but ended up as the Aqua Bar bartender the remainder of the week). Daniel took care of us like we were the only couple at the hotel. He answered never ending questions, made perfect cocktails, recommended some off-site places to visit and overall made this trip amazing. There were a few days my cheeks hurt from laughing and smiling just by being in his company. He is truly an asset to this resort and we hope he stays for a long time.

Misc-The small details that make this resort so great are around every corner. From the amazing smell when you walk into the lobby to the beautiful ponds and landscaping your senses will be on overload. We enjoyed stuff like the cute all inclusive bracelets, frosted beer mugs, the coffee station set up in the lobby bar most mornings, the cookies in the lobby, cocktails being made with real fruit, the musician that would play classical music most evenings and the in house garden that provided fresh herbs. Casa Velas is truly a special and romantic place, our only problem is now we want to return as quickly as possible and sadly must wait a while. THANK YOU to the entire staff that made this vacation perfect.

15 Thank SandInMyHair_TX
Bellevue, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

We’re not big fans of all inclusive but based on the great reviews of Casa Velas we thought we would give it a try for my significant others birthday weekend.

Somehow the original online reservation got duplicated, fortunately I checked ahead so we didn’t end up with 2 rooms and extra no show charges on arrival, Karen was helpful in straightening things out.

From prior Mexican resort experiences we made quite clear our desires and had very good and prompt feedback from the concierge (Denisse).

VIP transfer from airport to resort worked fine but was really a waste, a regular taxi would have been just as good and not so expensive.

Check in was fine although we were very disappointed with Alaska Airlines as 1 of our bags was delayed so all a bit of a blur.

Room 202 was noisy from music outside but otherwise quite nice although fridge didn’t work, spent next while on phone trying to get bag returned with no success so needed quiet and relaxing.

Flowers arranged months in advance not available day before so had to substitute but the lily’s were very nice.

Asked about an alternative room and Vanessa was very helpful and showed us 509A which was quieter so agreed to upgrade fee and bellman moved everything over, concierge advised of a store so we went shopping for clothes for and toiletries for the next day.

509A turned out to be a dark dungeon, nice size and layout but musty / moldy smell, felt was having an asthma attack and hardly slept all night.The shower was very odd with sloping side where you get in and out, easy to slip on and basically dangerous, it also smelled almost of sewerage. Room was basically run down and in need of renovation, other rooms and newer windows so looks as though they had been updated. Requested extra fridge with water which was delivered but didn’t cool. WIFI not working, no / very little signal.

Next day looking for an alternative 305 was supposed to be available after maintenance but status was unclear as was what work was being done (didn’t want to move to a room smelling of fresh paint), other alternatives had 2 beds that we didn’t want, Vanessa was again very helpful. Finally moved to 401 bit small but great location. Fridge again didn’t work but was fixed plus an extra one full of water which was great. Bathroom door unless closed solid opened all way by itself. Not much storage space or room to open suitcases, closet had little room to hang clothes.
Lotion poor quality, robes were tiny, not sure whether they were for kids.

Housekeeping had some issues, very late on Saturday, did not replenish Q tips, no shower soap, requested several times, tried to ask but she didn’t understand English so had housekeeping call us back to find out what we wanted, nice initiative but not great service.

Spa reservation made months in advance not in system but easily made new reservations, concerning on many levels. Went to buy lotion in evening but nobody had the key so went back next day and no good lotions worth buying. Massage was however very good although some patrons didn’t understand the meaning of tranquility and the staff said nothing.

Restaurants
No real lemons even though requested in advance, did get on second day and was nice with beer, tea and fish
Skimmed milk requested in advance and had sometimes, other times given semi skimmed or something else
Nice flexibility in cooking things not on the menu
First night dinner at Emiliano had great appetizers and main course were perfectly cooked but poor quality meat plus pork was over salted. Asked concierge as to whether same meat would be at the steak night at Velas Vallarta and he confirmed it so we skipped that.
Slow and inconsistent service even for late breakfast, 1 day we asked for 1 small orange juice that never arrived, next day again asked for 1 small orange juice and got 2 large ones. Last morning was by far the best with no complaints other than the smoker.
Room service quite good but they had difficulty understanding my accent
Lunch was good each day at the pool, slow but flexible, menu not good and mainly unhealthy food, fresh and tasty special order food worked out well though

Pool nice with decent service bringing around water etc.

Seemed odd there ash trays in rooms when they’re supposed to be non-smoking, not that any of the rooms smelt smoky. Very disappointed to find people smoking at the pool and in common out door areas, even in the outdoor seating at Emiliano restaurant at breakfast the last day.

Adults only includes 15 year olds!! To be fair the youngsters we rarely saw and they were well behaved and not an issue.

Bit loud and some unsavory characters especially later in the day after lots of drinks by the pool.

Lovely hotel and grounds and in general very well maintained, nice lobby.

Concierge (Rangel) especially helpful with restaurants, shopping and chasing our missing luggage, bell boys and front desk were all incredibly helpful and nice also.

Beds very comfortable, nice towels

Tennis was good but weren’t aware it was at Velas Vallarta however shuttle worked well and we walked back as so close

Vanessa was a great help trying to get a room to make us happy even with very limited inventory, went beyond her to help us and we’re very happy because of her.

Bit surprised no Corona or pacifico beers. Wine list was disappointed so very glad we brought some of our own.

Andrea restaurant, after trying Emilianos and then restaurant in town we decided to go to Andrea for Italian night. Very surprised that there was buffet appetizers/salad and with not much choice
Menu nothing like what we were shown, quite poor choices, fortunately they agree to make something a bit different for us. Very poor wine list so pleased we brought our own. Food and service were OK, nothing special, had to keep asking for water. No dress code (enforced) with folks in shorts and flip flops, we were way over dressed.

At checkout we were a little late so had little time and found a bunch of internet charges (that we were told that despite their odd system requiring accepting charges would not be on the bill), as a car was waiting didn’t have time to escalate at time so sent in via their web page and no response however seems to have been credited back per our credit card.

Potential
Casa Velas has amazing potential with fantastic location, great grounds and rooms and excellent staff. But it’s missing in basic management and coordination to make it a 5 star resort which is a shame, maybe this is normal for all inclusive to focus on quantity versus quality but we didn’t expect nor appreciate that approach. Done correctly this place could be amazing, just needs the right management and a bit more investment and in our opinion getting out of all inclusive package, and if asking a total non smoking policy would be ideal.

Would we come back?
Probably not, Cabo is closer and PV isn’t as nice, not big fans of all inclusive and the smoking plus limited options for good food all negatives even though the resort and staff were very nice.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank David J
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

I wish I could give a score of 4.5.
We were very disappointed on arrival find that our Master Suite had no balcony and the main window was opaque so the room felt very claustrophobic. I was amazed to learn that rooms without balcony could exist at this level of hotel, and we were told that the balconies in the Master Suites+ (the next level of upgrade) were small and not really usable for sitting out. As we were booked for nearly 2 weeks, and outside private space is important to us, we paid to upgrade 2 levels to a Grand Class Suite on the 1st floor with balcony and plunge pool overlooking the golf course.
Other than this we were delighted with our stay here, and will offer a few small pieces of developmental feedback for the hotel here:
• When the hotel is busy, have some kind of reception system at the pool to establish and enforce rules about reserving sun beds. We were here during Spring Break when it was busy, and we would arrive at the pool late morning to find lots of sunbeds empty and reserved with bags etc.; we were told by other guests that these beds were often unused for the entire morning.
• Consider installing a pool shower.
• Please serve more vegetables with the meals! We do try for our ‘5 a day’ and it was a struggle here apart from fruit and salad.
• Maybe add an extra non-fish/non-seafood dish to the menus, especially on the starters list.
OK now the positives:
• All of the staff are excellent, it’s unfair to name individuals – they’re all great.
• The pool is big, clean and well-maintained. Pool bar and service are very good, as are the lunches served round the pool
• Other than the vegetable issue, the food in both the restaurants and room service is good quality and beautifully presented. Good quality branded drinks, and wine by the glass or bottle can be had on the AI package, decent wines too.
• Our suite was super, housekeeping went the extra mile and not only provided (unasked) an additional hanging rail but also re-hung all my dresses on it. Turndown service was useful and included filling the ice bucket.
• Excellent hydrotherapy facilities at the spa which we used when we had a (very good) massage.
• Book through the travel agent in the hotel for trips – they use Vallarta Adventures which is a well-established and well-organised local company, prices are reasonable too. I would particularly recommend the Luxury Sailing day.
• There is a small collection of designer handbags available to borrow from the concierge for use in the evenings; I made good use of this facility!
• Clean-robes in the room daily, slippers, beach bags and pool-towels provided.

Room Tip: If you want a balcony you may want to upgrade
2 Thank FoxyLady101
Mexico City, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

I normally stay away from all inclusive resorts unless they come highly recommended, so after a few people I knew vouched for Casa Velas and I found a nice discount on an Online Travel Agency I decided to go for it. The recommendations did not disappoint. Casa Velas does not seem to cut any corners, as other all inclusive resorts do. Food and Beverages are 5-Star, the hotel facilites are beautifully maintained and the beach club is kept pretty exclusive. Staff members are very serviceable. Probably because they're incentivized by the Tips which they expect on most vouchers you sign (I left between 10%% to 20% depending on the quality). In general, we had a very pleasant and relaxing vacation. As far as improvements go, I guess the kitchen could be a bit faster and the Hotel could offer rides to the nearby places. For example, we were denied a ride to Church on Sunday, which is about a 3 minute drive or to the airport which is less than 10 Minutes away.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the Golf Course and if the hotel seems full, make sure you get to the beac...
5 Thank AlonsoFB