This trip (April 2014) was my second trip back to Casa Velas and my boyfriend's third.
The first thing we love about our trip to Casa Velas is the short, convienant 5 minute taxi ride from the airport to the resort. After you land in Puerto Vallarta, get your bags, go through customs, get a taxi and you are at the resort in less than an hour after landing.
When you arrive at the resort, you are always welcomed by such wonderful, friendly and helpful staff. It's nice to come back to a resort where the staff remember you and call you by your name. If you are at the pool, Emiliano or the beach club the staff are always willing to go out of their way to make your experience enjoyable. Concierge is extremely helpful and has a lot of great recommendations if you choose to go off of the resort to go eat or explore the city. Concierge will also book your dinner reservations for you at Emiliano or the Beach Club.
Although we never spend much time in our room, the rooms are always extremely clean and well maintained. The service staff cleans the room once a day and then comes back again during dinner for turn down service and to leave you delicious chocolate covered coffee beans.
The property itself at the resort is simply beautiful. The grounds are extremely well maintained from the flowers, shrubbery and trees to the cleanliness of the pools and common areas. You will always see a staff member taking care of the grounds. Casa Velas also has a resident peacock, Pancho, a pond of turtles that will eat right out of your hand and iguanas that like to hang out by the pool.
This time we didn't make dinner reservations far enough in advance and were not able to go to to the beach club during our stay which was disappointing because, who doesn't love dinner next to the ocean! We dined at Emiliano three out of the four evenings of our stay, but were never disappointed in the wide variety and selection of dishes. The food at the resort is wonderful which is another main reason why we came back again. Unfortunately, we have experienced at other all inclusive resorts the quality of the food and drinks are sub-par at best due to the quantity and not quality of the food they make. Casa Velas has an incredible selection of fresh gourmet cuisine. Regardless if you order canadian bacon and pineapple pizza at midnight through room service, order fresh guacamole and ceviche at the pool or sit down for an evening dinner al fresco at Emiliano enjoying a salad picked fresh that day from their own gardens, you will not be disappointed by the food. Another reason we chose Casa Velas over other all inclusive resort is the selection of premium liquors and wines. Let me tell you, Benny makes a fabulous margarita! Benny is available in the evenings and we always stopped by for a margarita before we had dinner at Emiliano.
Overall, I would recommend visiting Casa Velas to anyone who would like to visit a smaller (less than 100) adults only resort, with gorgeous views, wonderful staff and delicious food and drinks!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to a beautiful beach resort in Puerto Vallarta for an indulgent vacation refuge with sublime dining, a pristine beach, ocean club, golf courses, pools and a spa. Our spectacular resort is within walking distance of Puerto Vallarta's sophisticated 500-slip marina and 15 minutes from the city center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Casa Velas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Velas Boutique Resort
- Hotel Casa Velas Boutique