“I'm still wearing my bracelet!”
Review of Casa Velas

Casa Velas
Ranked #2 of 125 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
GreenLeadersGold level
Palm Springs, California
“I'm still wearing my bracelet!”
Reviewed 6 March 2009

It is 2 weeks later and I don't want to take it off, keeping me in the moment at the best all-inclusive resort we have ever been to. It is small and intimate, charming and pampering, private like a warm club that you never want to leave, yet accessible to everything. Nestled quietly on the Marina golf course, it has its own private beach club where you can spend a day in the pool, on the ocean, or eating to your heart's content from a wonderful menu. The main building has an excellent restaurant, the drinks are plentiful and potent, the wine list quite good, and the staff really make you feel at home. Stefano, the concierge, even sent me to a wonderful dentist where I'm going to have implants done, saving me $8,000 over the US price. Everything about this place is high end, but the people staying there were nothing like the snooty crowds elsewhere in expensive all-inclusive resorts, everyone simply had a ball and we shared our delight at feeling so cared for and away-from-it-all. You also have restaurants at Vella Vallarta, their sister property only a few blocks away on the water, to choose from, and we had very good meals there too. All in all, my favorite vacation in years. And I'm going back. Even though I said I'd never buy another timeshare because of the hassle you have to go through with the sales people, this place was a delight, no pressure, and very generous with their terms. So I bought a week a year to be sure I get to put that bracelet on every winter. Go there. You'll be so glad you did. PS The spa is great too! Golf is included (thought I'd mention that even though I don't play).

2 Thank TWAjunkie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
Alberta Canada
Reviewed 5 March 2009

Six of us stayed in the Presidential suite and had a wonderful time. Everyone went out of their way to make sure we had every thing we wanted, both in and out of the room.

We enjoyed the food, the pool, the spa, the staff ... I really have no complaints except we did not like how the pedlars could come into the area by the Beach Club as you couldn't relax.

The pool needs more chairs with wheels as everyone moves them around to be in the sun and they are heavy. Very comfortable and the pool is very clean.

The gardens are beautiful ... can't believe we stayed in the middle of a golf course and none of us golfed!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with friends
3 Thank Freaky1
West Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 5 March 2009

I've travelled to Mexico for more than 25 years, and this is by far my best stay. The food, the beach, the pool, the massages, the FRIENDS I met all made this one of my best adventures. The food was delicious, creative and beautifully prepared. I recommend Casa Velas for couples wanting a romantic getaway, or for adults who want a quiet, classy place to restore and rejuvenate. I went alone and made many new friends poolside and at the beach. Most of the staff are friendly and service-oriented. The one disappointment was two botched manicures in the spa, although they do wonderful massages .... I enjoyed two of them! Don't miss the mahi-mahi sandwich at the Beach Club, and the osso bucco at Andreas. The cocktails were wonderful, and waiters gladly served us in our lounge chairs, poolside, or even IN the pool! The hotel runs a shuttle bus between the 3 locations (hotel, beach club and Velas Vallarta), and I never had to wait for more than 2 minutes for it; most of the time it was ready and waiting. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled solo
4 Thank JeannieinWestVan
san antonio, texas
Reviewed 5 March 2009

Casa Velas is a wonderful all-adult resort with an excellent staff and beautiful grounds. We observed that all ages truly enjoyed being there and relaxing at the Beach Club and pool, working out in the very well equipped fitness center, being pampered in the spa, playing golf and eating at the continental restaurant. All staff members were extremely accommodating and tried in every way to make our stay the best. We had many meals in our room, and if it's not on the menu, just ask and there is no problem getting what you want. It looks just like the online pictures. We would most definitely recommend this resort for adults of all ages looking for a quiet, elegant vacation.

3 Thank chuck096
St. George, Utah
Reviewed 4 March 2009

I have been in the hospitality business for over 25 years including working at a few of the top hotels in the US (Stein Eriksen Lodge in Deer Valley, The Resort at Squaw Creek, Hotel del Coronado) and I can honestly say that it really does not get any better than Casa Velas. From housekeeping to room service to the restaurants we were absolutely thrilled at the level of service. The food was wonderful (OK not the pizza but then why order pizza in Mexico). Being an all-inclusive tends to mean that the food and beverages are standard to low-rate but not here. Everything was wonderfully prepared, fresh and flavorful. We enjoyed being off of the beach but after discovering the Beach House we spent most of our time there. We did go the the sister hotel, Villa Vallarta, and it was fun for a little while but not our style. If you want to relax, get away and be pampered I would highly recommend Casa Velas. We will definitely go again.

3 Thank Doug H
chicago,illinois
Reviewed 3 March 2009

This hotel provided us with a wonderful vacation and was all we had hoped for. A little gem that we luckily discovered on the internet and have now recommended to many.
We are definitely planning to return next year and are already looking forward to it.

1 Thank mjulep
Manitoba
Reviewed 3 March 2009

This was my 1st visit to Puerto Vallarta and I can't wait to go back. I came with my sister is an owner of Velas property. I cannot say enough of how well we were treated by the staff, we felt like royalty. The facilities and grounds are immaculate and absolutely beautiful with all the lush greenery. We spent alot of time at the Beach Club where you can take in the view of Banderes Bay and dig your feet in the sand if you wish. Our evenings were spent dining in Emiliano's where you fine dined and then relaxed in the lounge area where you gazed at the stars. From the staff to the food to the drinks, it was a great vacation!!

• Stayed February 2009