“BEST TRIP OF MY LIFE!!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Mission Viejo, Ca
“BEST TRIP OF MY LIFE!!”
Reviewed 21 March 2009

This was our first experience traveling to Mexico, and staying in an all inclusive hotel. I work with children, I have children (I love children) but it was nice to stay in a resort with NO CHILDREN!! A true vacation. My husband and I were celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary. This hotel exceeded our expectations. The service was outstanding, grounds are beautiful, and the spa was AWESOME. The only minor downer was if you wanted to sleep in, the noises outside of our room were a bit distracting. We could hear full conversations from our neighbors next door. The floors are marble (beautiful) and the walls are a little thin. But we only noticed the noise early morning and mid-evening. The hotel atmosphere is calming and the private beach with full service lunch right to your cabana is icing on the cake!! Take the Rythyms of the Night tour, and the canopy tour. Be aware many of the tours offer you lunch (not included) the first tour we thought it was, so we paid for an extra lunch. The next tour we got wise and ate a hearty breakfast before leaving and ate lunch back at our hotel (you paid for all inclusive use it!!). Also we found out the tips are included in the all inclusive package, IF you chose to tip it is over and above the amount you already prepaid (took us awhile to figure that out too). We will definetly return it has been our "Fantasy Island" (remember that TV show?) trip well worth the expense.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (330)
Virginia Beach, VA
Reviewed 18 March 2009

My wife and I were married on Valentine's Day and spent our honeymoon in Puerto Vallarta at Hotel Casa Velas. It was more than we could have ever imagined. The staff was very helpful and made sure everything was perfect. The room was amazing, and they had a bottle of champagne with chocolate covered strawberries for us when we arrived. I would recommend going to the beach house as soon as you get there. It is a short ride and very beautfiul. Also make sure to take the Rhythms of the Night tour. We also enjoyed the city tour and cultural tours.

1 Thank Richwm02
London,
Reviewed 8 March 2009

Having just returned from two weeks at Casa Velas, I can say without hesitation that my wife and I have had a marvellous relaxing break in very comfortable, well designed, beautiful and perfectly maintained surroundings. From the moment of arrival until departure, the entire staff were without exception genuinely welcoming, friendly, professional and helpful and provided a consistently attentive but not intrusive service. Our master suite was charming even though on the list for upgrading and the bed was one of the most comfortable we have ever slept in. The all-inclusive arrangement provided good food and wines whether poolside, at the private beach club, the restaurant Emilianos or by private room service and there was always a willingness to adapt to specific requests even if not on the menu! We took various trips, organised for us by the first class VIP Services Stefano Goyette, who took the trouble to assess particular guests requirements and match his proposals accordingly. Likewise the Guest Service Manager Mauricio Sides provided excellent support to us in every respect and is deservedly popular with the guests many of whom were on repeat visits as we have every intention to be.

6 Thank ANTISCO
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed 6 March 2009

It is 2 weeks later and I don't want to take it off, keeping me in the moment at the best all-inclusive resort we have ever been to. It is small and intimate, charming and pampering, private like a warm club that you never want to leave, yet accessible to everything. Nestled quietly on the Marina golf course, it has its own private beach club where you can spend a day in the pool, on the ocean, or eating to your heart's content from a wonderful menu. The main building has an excellent restaurant, the drinks are plentiful and potent, the wine list quite good, and the staff really make you feel at home. Stefano, the concierge, even sent me to a wonderful dentist where I'm going to have implants done, saving me $8,000 over the US price. Everything about this place is high end, but the people staying there were nothing like the snooty crowds elsewhere in expensive all-inclusive resorts, everyone simply had a ball and we shared our delight at feeling so cared for and away-from-it-all. You also have restaurants at Vella Vallarta, their sister property only a few blocks away on the water, to choose from, and we had very good meals there too. All in all, my favorite vacation in years. And I'm going back. Even though I said I'd never buy another timeshare because of the hassle you have to go through with the sales people, this place was a delight, no pressure, and very generous with their terms. So I bought a week a year to be sure I get to put that bracelet on every winter. Go there. You'll be so glad you did. PS The spa is great too! Golf is included (thought I'd mention that even though I don't play).

2 Thank TWAjunkie
Alberta Canada
Reviewed 5 March 2009

Six of us stayed in the Presidential suite and had a wonderful time. Everyone went out of their way to make sure we had every thing we wanted, both in and out of the room.

We enjoyed the food, the pool, the spa, the staff ... I really have no complaints except we did not like how the pedlars could come into the area by the Beach Club as you couldn't relax.

The pool needs more chairs with wheels as everyone moves them around to be in the sun and they are heavy. Very comfortable and the pool is very clean.

The gardens are beautiful ... can't believe we stayed in the middle of a golf course and none of us golfed!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with friends
3 Thank Freaky1
West Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 5 March 2009

I've travelled to Mexico for more than 25 years, and this is by far my best stay. The food, the beach, the pool, the massages, the FRIENDS I met all made this one of my best adventures. The food was delicious, creative and beautifully prepared. I recommend Casa Velas for couples wanting a romantic getaway, or for adults who want a quiet, classy place to restore and rejuvenate. I went alone and made many new friends poolside and at the beach. Most of the staff are friendly and service-oriented. The one disappointment was two botched manicures in the spa, although they do wonderful massages .... I enjoyed two of them! Don't miss the mahi-mahi sandwich at the Beach Club, and the osso bucco at Andreas. The cocktails were wonderful, and waiters gladly served us in our lounge chairs, poolside, or even IN the pool! The hotel runs a shuttle bus between the 3 locations (hotel, beach club and Velas Vallarta), and I never had to wait for more than 2 minutes for it; most of the time it was ready and waiting. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled solo
4 Thank JeannieinWestVan
san antonio, texas
Reviewed 5 March 2009

Casa Velas is a wonderful all-adult resort with an excellent staff and beautiful grounds. We observed that all ages truly enjoyed being there and relaxing at the Beach Club and pool, working out in the very well equipped fitness center, being pampered in the spa, playing golf and eating at the continental restaurant. All staff members were extremely accommodating and tried in every way to make our stay the best. We had many meals in our room, and if it's not on the menu, just ask and there is no problem getting what you want. It looks just like the online pictures. We would most definitely recommend this resort for adults of all ages looking for a quiet, elegant vacation.

3 Thank chuck096