This was our second visit to Casa Velas in Puerto Vallarta. We enjoyed it so much last year that we had to return. It has not changed much. Still has the lovely manicured lawns with a sprinkling of little ponds, where the koi swim , that surround the pool area and the golf course. Although it is not on the beach, it' boasts a "gem" of a beach club more like a private villa. Comfortable beach lounges are scattered around a small pool that faces the ocean, or you can occupy a cabana on the beach. We were happy to note that the staff is still as attentive as before and are constantly offering drinks and ice cold bottled water in a bucket of ice. For lunch at the beach club we enjoyed the Shrimp Tempura and the Thai Wings that were just as delicious as we remembered them to be. Emiliano's is their only restaurant at the hotel and it serves fine food and wines delivered in a very professional manner by their efficient waiters. Although we always had a good meal at Emiliano's, it would have been nice to have another option at the hotel. Since this is an all-inclusive hotel we were allowed to dine at their sister hotel Velas Vallartas. This hotel is the polar opposite of Casa Velas. It is noisy, much larger and is not confined to adults . Peace and quiet is in limited supply there. After checking it out one day, we decided it was not for us.
Even though we greatly enjoyed this visit, there were some glitches to iron out. We had made this reservation last September with RCI and later emailed the hotel to reserve a similar room with a plunge pool. We never received a reply to our emails and on check-in were told that because a convention was at the hotel our requested room was not available. They showed us two rooms, both without plunge pools and even one at Velas Vallarta. We did not find them acceptable and after travelling all day, we were very tired and quite disappointed. Finally , when we were about to leave , we had the pleasure of speaking with Sergio, the hotel manager who saved the day and was able to locate a room with a plunge pool and a view of the golf course. Another incident involved the beach club which was our favorite part of this hotel. A waiter at the beach club mentioned that the beach club would be taken over by the convention for one whole day and night and would be unavailable to other guests. We were quite unhappy about this and were never advised by management. When we complained to Sergio, he was very accomodating and offered us a day at Grand Velas in Nuevo Vallarta about 20 minutes away.
In spite of these incidents, we thoroughly enjoyed our vacation at Casa Velas once again. Besides their lovely accomodations, fine food and drink and the exceptional beach club they also have a top notch staff that is always friendly and willing to go the extra mile to make the customer happy. Sergio was always available to help and to ensure that the guests enjoyed their stay and Hector, the beach club manager went to great lenghts to make our birthday celebration a wonderful dining experience at the beach. Then there was Benny, the very "simpatico" bartender in the hotel lobby. He always had a big smile on his face and some funny story as he poured you an after dinner drink .
If you are seeking a small and romantic hideaway with a lovely private beach club and exceptional service, this hotel is for you. Again, as in many other up scale resorts in Mexico the staff are absolutely amazing. They all went out of their way to be helpful and were friendly, hard working and efficient. That is why even though this is an all-inclusive hotel , with gratuities included, one is inclined to tip a few dollars after each meal. They surely deserve it.
p.s. Loved watching the resident peacocks (pavo real) and hearing the chatter of the black cenates. Then there was the strange case of the yellow-bellied birds that kept crashing into our balcony glass door, over and over again. Can be a startling wake up call in the morning!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine the perfect resort retreat in the Mexican Pacific Riviera, where luxury and romanticism combine in perfect harmony. Resembling a private estate, Casa Velas offers Condé Nast and AAA award-winning service in a casually elegant and intimate boutique atmosphere in Puerto Vallarta. This boutique hotel enjoys a garden setting surrounded by the Marina Vallarta Golf Course. A beachside experience waits just three minutes away at your private Ocean Club, with stunning sunsets and memorable dining. Unlimited transport is available day and night to whisk you to the golden shores of the Mexican Pacific. The Ocean Club is a place of supreme peace and tranquility for enjoying an infinity pool, jacuzzi and terrace with impressive ocean views. Our luxurious getaway invites you to enjoy the comforting sounds and vibrant colors of the tropics as you discover the true meaning of relaxation and luxury at an all-inclusive Puerto Vallarta resort paradise. Recently chosen as one of the Top 10 hotels in Mexico and the Caribbean in three categories - Luxury, Relaxation/Spa and Hotel for Romance - by TripAdvisor®, Casa Velas is an enchanting destination where simple pleasures rejuvenate your mind, body and soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Casa Velas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Velas Boutique Resort
- Hotel Casa Velas Boutique