Casa Velas exceeded our expectations. From the top-notch service, good food, and beautiful grounds and rooms, we were rarely disappointed during our week-long stay.
The resort is small, only 80 rooms, and this means you will have avery quiet and relaxing stay. At times we found ourselves to be the only couple at the beach club or pool, and even at the busiest times, there were less than 40 people to be found. There is no beach at the hotel, however the resort's Beach Club complete with infinity pool, bar and grille, and beach is a 5 minute walk or very short shuttle ride away.
Staff is very friendly, from Miguel at check-in, Olivia at Emiliano's, and Fabian at the Pool. Mauricio was also a stand-out, often checking on us. By the second or third day, many of the staff knew us by name.
Food at Emiliano's and the Beach Club was usually very good with few exceptions. We also ate one evening at Vela's Vallarta, and found it also to be quite good. Liquor is all top-shelf and readily available. We ordered bottles of wine on several occasions with dinner and from room service.
My wife received a facial and pedicure and said both were very good. The spa was very relaxing and attentive. While we did not golf, the course which surrounds the hotel is beautiful.
Only one part of the experience would get a negative review from us - the welcome breakfast sales push. The staff was very friendly and extremely helpful with the exception of Stefano, the "concierge". Once he finds out you're not interested in attending a timeshare presentation, his demeanor sours and he barely acknowledges you from that point forward. My best suggestion to Casa Velas would be to change how this encounter occurs as it is off-putting especially for such an other-wise high class establishment.
We only wish we could afford to return more often, but we will be sure to return again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine the perfect resort retreat in the Mexican Pacific Riviera, where luxury and romanticism combine in perfect harmony. Resembling a private estate, Casa Velas offers Condé Nast and AAA award-winning service in a casually elegant and intimate boutique atmosphere in Puerto Vallarta. This boutique hotel enjoys a garden setting surrounded by the Marina Vallarta Golf Course. A beachside experience waits just three minutes away at your private Ocean Club, with stunning sunsets and memorable dining. Unlimited transport is available day and night to whisk you to the golden shores of the Mexican Pacific. The Ocean Club is a place of supreme peace and tranquility for enjoying an infinity pool, jacuzzi and terrace with impressive ocean views. Our luxurious getaway invites you to enjoy the comforting sounds and vibrant colors of the tropics as you discover the true meaning of relaxation and luxury at an all-inclusive Puerto Vallarta resort paradise. Recently chosen as one of the Top 10 hotels in Mexico and the Caribbean in three categories - Luxury, Relaxation/Spa and Hotel for Romance - by TripAdvisor®, Casa Velas is an enchanting destination where simple pleasures rejuvenate your mind, body and soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Casa Velas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Velas Boutique Resort
- Hotel Casa Velas Boutique