“Pleasant, quiet stay”

GreenLeadersGold level
Minneapolis, MN
“Pleasant, quiet stay”
Reviewed 15 March 2010

Restaurant breakfast & dinner speed of service started out well but gradually went down hill as the week progressed. By the end of the week it became too much a headache to wait 30 minutes for coffee and or Juice in the morning. And attempting to ascertain our meal check was difinately a Mexican minute or 20. Rooms are quiet lovely but our bathroom required some work. It appeared that there was once a phone in the bathroom - however I was surprised to see 2 screws sticking out of the wall about 1/2" by the toilet no phone. Bathroom requires some tub updates. Don't waste money on the Spa Pedicure. Disappointment. Expected spa pedicure seating - not the "Conair" plug in foot soaking bowl. They say RCI members receive a 15% discount on Spa Services. That was not seen when asked upon checkout. Appairently everyone fogot that travelers do pay attention to price upon purchase and missing discounts upon check out. Constantly having to go to reception to lock up valuables was time consuming, Casa Velas state they have in room safes but that is not the case. On the plus - beautiful atmosphere, close to airport, the grounds are well manicured.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (331)
San Juan Capistrano, California
Reviewed 12 March 2010

This was the most relaxing vacation we have ever had because of the wonderful people, great service and delicious food -- all in one place!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Ottawa
Reviewed 9 March 2010

My husband and I just returned from 10 days at Casa Velas. We had an absolutely superb vacation. All the staff, and I mean everyone of them, made sure that we had an excellent holiday. The service was awesome, the gourmet food was prepared and presented to perfection, the grounds and our room were extraordinary, we met wonderful people, and I could go on and on. We travel a lot and this place is second to none. We usually do not return to the same destination but we plan to return to Casa Velas next year as I believe that it will be difficult to find anything comparable. Enjoy every moment at Casa Velas, I wish we were still there!
Diane and Diego
Ottawa, Canada

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
casavelasmanagement, Manager at Casa Velas, responded to this review, 10 March 2010
You could be sure that I will personally let know all the staff about your comments this will represent a major factor of motivation and that way keep exceeding your expectations and putting special attention in all the details for your total comfort. As the general manager, I am concerned and very interested about my client’s observations. I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your different experiences in our beautiful and relaxing resort.

For your next visit we had prepared many surprises for you on of them is that you will now be able to enjoy fresh fruits and vegetables pulled out straight from our botanical garden, which means fresh tomatoes and fresh mint for your mojitos and our specialty pineapple surprise! As well as a new special seasoning for our topic nights at restaurant Emilianos, where we are having a different topic menu, besides of the usual, so this way if you like you will enjoy a different experience every night.

We look forward for you to come back and exceed your expectations on more time, on behalf of all the Staff at Hotel Casa Velas I assure you that all will be more than pleased to attend you during your next visit with us.

IL
Reviewed 9 March 2010

The hotel was beautiful and clean and the staff couldn't have been more efficient and friendly.

Allentown, PA
Reviewed 8 March 2010

There is not much that you would want to change about the wonderful facilities, service, food, ambience at the Casa Velas to make it any better. Everyone goes out of their way to be sure that your stay is everything that you would want it to be. I won't repeat what other reviewers have said but I'll mention the highlights of the things that made it very special - having our very own plunge pool in front of a private patio with two padded lounge chairs was pure luxury. Sitting in a cabana at either the main pool or the Beach Club with curtains to shield the sun and a lovely breeze blowing through and service bringing you drinks and food all day long was heaven. (There are two specialty drinks that are great fun - a Miami Vice is pina colada on the bottom and strawberry daiquiri on the top and a Mayan Sunset is a midori drink on the bottom and strawberry daiquiri on top). The food at Emiliano's, the Beach Club and Alexandra at the Velas Vallarta were all excellent. Andreas at Velas Vallarta was very good. I'd skip La Ribera at Velas Vallarta.

Two things that I would change - we were in a lovely up and down villa and would have liked to have a TV on the first floor. At night, it would have been nice to sit on the couch or very comfortable chairs and watch a show or movie. My husband has a bad back so couldn't sit in bed and watch so he sat on the desk chair and that was OK. The other thing was the manicure. After putting on lotion, she wiped the nails with water and then put on the polish. She wasn't going to put on a base coat until I asked her about it and she said she would if I wanted it. A day later, the polish started to come off at the tips. I stopped in at the spa and they said they would change the polish that afternoon. She took off the polish, added oil and massaged it in, then wiped off the nails with water and put on the polish. Then, she sprayed it with a fixative and then she put on a top coat. I knew it was wrong as she was doing it but I didn't say anything. The nails looked terrible the next day and I just changed the polish myself as soon as I got home. Neither of these two issues is a deal breaker - we'll ask about the TV next time and I'll just skip the manicure next time.

And there will be a next time!!!!!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Your live experience with us is the greatest motivation to all of our staff and all of them always are inspiring us to continue with our mission, to always exceed your expectations and put special attention in all the details for your total comfort so you can enjoy a perfect vacation!!

As General Manager of Casa Velas Hotel Boutique I really want to thank you for the opportunity of being your host during your resent vacation with us. Our commitment to your observations is to take personal action in order to improve on your suggestions so that way we will always be your # 1 choice, I all ready take note about the service you had at the spa and we will considerate a television on the first floor.

Please remember that at your next visit you will be able to participate in our new activities program like Yoga classes, cocktail lessons, cooking classes, wine tasting, tequila tasting, aquarobic´s and many other surprises that we are preparing for your next visit.

We look forward for you to come back and exceed your expectations one more time, on behalf of all the Staff at Hotel Casa Velas I assure you that all will be more than pleased to attend you during your next visit with us

San Francisco
Reviewed 7 March 2010

We booked this vacation last minute and were debating about staying in the larger Casa Velas resort. We were so happy we chose the golf & spa resort vs. the larger resort. Very romantic and relaxing. The beach house was wonderful. We ate almost every meal at the resort and definitely recommend it over eating at the larger sister resorts. The staff was so friendly and attentive. We also recommend the spa and workout facilities. This is a wonderful place.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
casavelasmanagement, Manager at Casa Velas, responded to this review, 9 March 2010
Always persons like you will be an inspiration to our team and that way we will always continue on our mission, you could be sure that I will specially let know all the staff about your comments will represent a major factor of motivation to keep doing the rite work… to always exceed your expectations and put special attention in all the details for your total comfort.

As the general manager, I am concerned and very interested about my client’s observations. I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your different experiences of the food, service and our world class spa in our beautiful and relaxing resort.
We all look forward for you to come back and exceed your expectations once again, on behalf of all the Staff at Hotel Casa Velas, we look forward to pamper you and create memorable experiences.

Spokane, WA
Reviewed 7 March 2010

This Boutique Hotel is first class. Fantastic service, excellent location, great food and amazing attentiveness from the staff. EVERY staff member acted as if you were their only concern. They arranged golf, tours, restaurant reservations and set us up with a real estate agent to show us the entire area. We will definetly return to this resort.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Is truly wonderful to learn that the best service you have experienced so far was during your recent stay at Casa Velas Hotel Boutique, where our entire guests find their home away from home. As the general manager, I am concerned and very interested about my client’s observations, always persons like you’re will be an inspiration to our team and that way we will always continue on our mission… to always exceed your expectations and put special attention in all the details for your total comfort.

We look forward for you to come back and exceed your expectations once again, on behalf of all the Staff at Hotel Casa Velas I assure you that all will be more than pleased to attend you during your next visit with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Vallarta
Hotel Mousai
Hotel Mousai
#4 of 124 in Puerto Vallarta
Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa
Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & ...
#14 of 124 in Puerto Vallarta
Secrets Vallarta Bay Resort & Spa
Secrets Vallarta Bay Resort & Sp...
#16 of 124 in Puerto Vallarta
Velas Vallarta
Velas Vallarta
#5 of 124 in Puerto Vallarta
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort ...
#8 of 124 in Puerto Vallarta
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit
#1 of 27 in Nuevo Vallarta

Been to Casa Velas? Share your experiences!