Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive
Hyatt.com
US$269
US$218
  • Breakfast included
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
US$305
  • Beachfront
Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$534
US$159
  • Pool
Barcelo Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$258
US$252
  • Breakfast included
Canto Del Sol Plaza Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$203
US$174
  • Pool
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$189
US$184
Casa Velas(Puerto Vallarta)
US$500
US$487
Grand Miramar All Luxury Suites & Residences(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$196
US$174
Official Hotel
4,006 results
All reviewskids clubrifle shootingclimbing walltime sharelobby baritalian restaurantbunk bedsnightly showshot dogsfamily resorthuge poolgarden viewmusty smella la carte restaurantsall inclusivesmarina areagreat family vacation
Reviewed 4 March 2014

The staff is wonderful. Smiles and hellos upon arrival to the resort, service persons dazzle with kindness and effort to meet any request and wait staff who pay attention to remember special requests.

The food was good, the up charge for the seafood special at the outdoor was worth every penny. Raul the manager can make every service delightful.

The almost is earned by the lack of attention to the beach and some age of the property making itself evident.

The beach sand was rough and grainy. I found the sand on the malecon the beach downtown was soft and powdery, perhaps my issue. The chairs had very few with cushions and drink service reached the beach only once that I saw in six days.

The pool was nice but in poor condition. It has two built in hot tubs ( you could see the jets) and neither operated. There were broken and missing tiles all around. The pool lounge chairs were somehow always taken but without visible occupants for many hours of the day.

The pool bartenders were great. All made a good drink and had bottled water handy.

Tip: If you want a little quiet try sitting by the kiddie pool. Empty most of the day with a great view of the beach, the bay, the city line and the mountains.

This is not truly a 100% smoke-free facility.
Security manages to not be around when violators
are smoking.

Room Tip: Insist on a room above the second floor if in building two. A wall partially blocks air movement and the rooms have a smell of mildew. Not a 100% non-smoking facility.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank traveller266
Reviewed 3 March 2014

This trip was my first time to Puerto Vallarta. The staff were great. The beach wasn't very good but the pools made up for it. Not much to do around the resort during the night but it was only a $10 taxi ride to the malecon and other attractions. The clubs in Puerto Vallarta were so much fun!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank CanadianFun2014
Servici0_al_Huesped, Guest Experience Manager at Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments about your last stay in Puerto Vallarta.

Meliá Puerto Vallarta are at your service,

Best Regards.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

I returned from Melia on February 26, 2014 and here is what I thought about it. First of all, the staff there is top notch. The waiters, waitresses, bartenders and security guys were the best customer service reps I've ever had to the pleasure to serve me. The waiters made sure we had everything we needed at the restaurants and those men always stayed busy. Not once did I ever witness some guy standing around or taking a break, everyone worker was busting their butts off to please people. The bartenders were top notch. You have be top notch to hold your own as a bartender at the pool bars and those guys set the standard. The food was ok as they tried to do different cuisines every night. The omelettes at breakfast to me was the highlight of the meals for me(because i love breakfast).
The cons for Melia are few but they make a big difference. First off, they have to do something about the Melia Club staff trying to manipulate guest into going into their time share meetings. I'm there to enjoy myself, not spend 90 minutes at a meeting for something I know I can't afford. I told the staff that we were not interested, but she kept at us all the time to attend so she can get commission. It sucks that you have to avoid the lobby just to avoid the Melia Club reps. The AC in the rooms were weak also. I woke up alot of nights sweating. I asked other buddies of mines if on there resort was AC a problem and they said that their ACs worked fine.
The room was average, but I was told that the whole resort will be getting a redo. We had the family room which was good but it could be great. Sometimes our fridge was not restocked with drinks like we were promised, but we never made it a big deal.
Overall Melia gets a C+ from me just because of the exceptional hardworking staff they have. If the staff were not so great, this place would be a disaster.

Room Tip: Tip the bartenders and waiters from time to time and you will not be disappointed.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank BigBrooks306
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We stayed at the Melia for 5 days. Terrible pressure to attend a meeting about the hotel by JUDY!
She cornered us every time we went to the main lobby. The rest of the stay was fine. Good food, friendly staff and a nice pool.

Room Tip: We stayed in a Deluxe Ocean View and it was great.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JEANNE B
Reviewed 1 March 2014

This was our first visit to an All Inclusive Resort. When booking our resort we knew we wanted to stay in the Marina area, Melia was the least expensive and it looked nice on line so we chose to stay there. We were very happy with our room, it was big, very clean, nice bathroom, and the view was wonderful! The staff was very accommodating and hard working. The buffets were good, not great, there was a large selection of food, just hard to keep things real warm, etc. when it's a buffet. In the evening we would make reservations at the Italian, Mexican, or The Grill; those meals were wonderful, from the salad to the yummy dessert. The Wait Staff was excellent and we truly enjoyed our meals at those restaurant's. The hotel is a bit older but I feel like they are working hard to keep things in good condition. We will definitely return to the Melia!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple