Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive
Hyatt.com
US$269
US$218
  • Breakfast included
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
US$305
  • Beachfront
Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$534
US$159
  • Pool
Barcelo Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$258
US$252
  • Breakfast included
Canto Del Sol Plaza Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$203
US$174
  • Pool
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$189
US$184
Casa Velas(Puerto Vallarta)
US$500
US$487
Grand Miramar All Luxury Suites & Residences(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$196
US$174
Official Hotel
4,006 results
All reviewskids clubrifle shootingclimbing walltime sharelobby baritalian restaurantbunk bedsnightly showshot dogsfamily resorthuge poolgarden viewmusty smella la carte restaurantsall inclusivesmarina areagreat family vacation
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed at this resort in April. My parents belong to the Melia Vacation Club so we were able to get a suite with an ocean view. The room was great. It was huge, super clean, and very convenient because it had two bathrooms, three beds (two pull out couches), a small cooking area/dining room, whirlpool and two balconies. I have never had a more comfortable room on vacation. It was really nice for my family (2 kids, 2 parents) to have our own space after being together all day. Besides the room, this resort sucked. Our room was totally paid for by my parents, but if my husband and I were paying for it, we would have been very disappointed and I will not return to the resort again- free or not. The hotel in itself is very outdated and ugly. The pool is in bad shape- dirty looking and missing many tiles, no hot tub, or at least not one that worked. We had breakfast/lunch twice in the all-inclusive restaurant and the food was tasteless and yet kind of gross at the same time. We ate all other meals outside the
resort which got very expensive after 8 days, but better than the
hotel food. There just wasn't much to do at the resort. The pool area was just ok, the beach area is small and not picturesque, and my kids are a little too old for the Flintstone play areas. There was a fun balancing rope that we played on for an hour. It was the best part of the resort. My son did the batting cages as well, we took a short dance lesson, played foosball and shuffleboard. We only spent one full day hanging out at the resort and did everything there was to do (besides pay extra for a really weak mini golf course) so we spent the rest of the days on excursions (this also got very expensive!). Service was just ok in all areas and the time share people would not leave us alone, despite telling them my family already belonged to the club and we has no intention of joining. Apparently the other Melia resorts are very nice and upscale. This is their oldest and worst resort so they probably shouldn't be pitching sales based on this place! We have stayed at many other (non Melia) resorts in Mexico and they were all nicer, more fun, and had better service.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank PrincessBubblegum197
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I'm a Club Melia member and I have visited several Melia Hotels before and after becoming a member of the Club Melia ( Time Share , sort of ).....And I just visited All Inclusive Melia Resort at Puerto Vallarta Mexico......Not very impressed but a little surprised that it wasn't that bad as some reviews I red before making my reservation .
The food was within my expectations and the grounds are well kept.
I was glad that a lot of the personnel speaks english, though I speak spanish fluently and some french.
The beach area is not one of the best in Vallarta, there is a lot of rocks and stones and the beach is very short and uneven , but enjoyable .
The food and service at a la carte restaurants are ok.....witch I choose to go for dinner every single day.
The food at the buffet restaurant tend to repeat! specially when small crowds are staying at the resort depending on the day of the week , but still is ok food. But if you are the kind of person that only eat hamburgers, hot dogs and fries!!!!....you will be disappointed .

The captains at the restaurants are well behaved and very attentive.

I was going to write down my review at the Club Melia website, but unfortunately they don't allow a well and detailed criticism or they don't want to deal with it...So pity .

Outstanding the service I got from vacation concierge desk JUDITH AVALOS and JOSE LUIS at the Club Melia office, unfortunately I can't say the same from a lot of the management personnel in those offices.

Room Tip: Tower # 1 with ocean view are great ( if you can afford ) and away from the theatre Tower # 3 a little to noisy
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank M U
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We went to Melia Resort in Puerto Vallarta for a weekend, and at first I was not so very enthusiastic about this hotel, but after the 3 days we spent there, my perception really changed. Great food, excellent variety in drinks, and for me, as a dessert lover, the quality, taste and flavour were way beyond my expectatives.
Great attention from the staff, clean facilities, this hotel is an excellent option for families, we went in a big family group, (15 persons in all range of ages) and we spent a great time there, can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: The higher number of the room gets a better view; for example, our room was 1301, close to the elevator but with no great view, and some of the folks in our group, with the room 1324, get a nice view to the pool and the beach.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Servici0_al_Huesped, Guest Experience Manager at Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know your impression about the hotel. We appreciate that you gave us the chance to serve you. Again, thank you so much.

Best Regards,

Guest Experience Manager

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Its hard to believe that I can eat much better food on the side of the road than at this all inclusive. Think about that for a second- a street vendor is spending more money and time on ingredients than a place who can buy theirs in bulk. It doesn't make sense.

Its an inexpensive option to stay in PV but I wouldn't eat there. If you do go, make sure to specifically indicate the liquor you would like in your drink or you will get bottom shelf. I imagine its great for families who don't want to worry about their kids but that's about it.

The concierge also called a restaurant that we wanted to eat at and demanded a cut from the owner to make a reservation which was extremely classless and not at all in our best interest. I would contact the restaurants directly for reservations if you can if you don't want to support this crappy behavior.

That all being said, the other hotels in the area or a nice airbnb seem like a better idea than the Melia. I will not be returning.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 May 2014

My boyfriend and I just returned from our vacation at Melia and we were very disappointed with most everything. The only good things I can say about it are that they did have very entertaining shows nightly and it is in a good location. We were able to walk to the Marina, and it was a short cab ride to Marina Terminal and El Malecon (the boardwalk). The food there was terrible at the restaurant and buffets, there were several times when I could not even eat the food because it was so disgusting and we went off the resort to eat. They only had one restaurant open our entire stay (which was 8 days) so if we had no option and if we wanted to have a nice dinner at the hotel we had to eat from the same, small menu every night. The entire building smelled like mold, especially the elevators. The staff there was not friendly at all, they all looked as if they did not want to be there and they were rude. The only nice employee we met was Adrian, he was working the activities area and he would go out of his way to say hi to us, was always smiling, and actually took time to get to know us. Also, the water in our bathtub/shower was coming out dark yellow when we went to take a shower. I called and spoke to the front desk about this and they simply told me we needed to let the water run longer before we took a shower and that would turn clear eventually, to me that is unacceptable and horrible customer service. Our mini fridge was only re-stocked on our second day there and after that we had to call for them to deliver our beverages if we wanted them. I feel if you are looking for a hotel in a nice area that you are able to walk around outside the hotel, good shows, and very kid friendly this is a nice place for you. If you are looking for good customer service, even average food, cleanliness, this is not the place for you.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank krsy202003
Servici0_al_Huesped, Guest Experience Manager at Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear Guest,

We will consider your comments and thanks for taking the time to write.

It is important to inform you that we are saddened that your stay has been very unpleasant. Because the points you mention are usually our forte. The quality of our food and service has received as described in the feedback below, always good reviews.

Thanks again for taking the time to write your comments, we invite you to give us again the opportunity to serve you, trust me that your comments will help us to improve every day.

Best regards