“First visit to Mexico an awesome experience!!”

Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive
Ranked #47 of 124 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Edmonton, Canada
“First visit to Mexico an awesome experience!!”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

After spending seven days at this wonderful resort, it certainly went a long way to making my first visit to Mexico very memorable! I enjoyed everything about the Melia - the food, the service, the pool and beach, the grounds our room. We were within walking distance of the Marina, which we made good use of. Not sure what some of these other reviewers were wanting or expecting or experiencing for that matter, but I have nothing but glowing things to say about this resort. There were 14 of us in our group, so we required 7 rooms. These we received all on the same floor - all beside one another!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank EMP1963
Servici0_al_Huesped, Guest Experience Manager at Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Guest,

We are so glad to know that in your first time in México gave us the chance to serve you and most than anything that your stay with us was pleasant.

We appreciate the time you took to write your comments, We'll be waiting for you with open arms.

Best Regards,

Guest Experience Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (419)
elpaso
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Our flight was canceled so the airline sent us here. Upon arrival I was informed our room would not be ready until 3. I explained my wife was pregnant and needed to lie down. After more than 1 hour waiting I went back to the front desk and they informed me the supervisor was coming. After 20 more minutes I still never saw the supervisor or got a room. I insisted on getting our luggage and I went to another hotel, without reservation, and they promptly got a room ready for us. It's incomprehensible that a pregnant women would receive that kind of treatment. Very uncaring staff.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank ty b
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The airline put us there after a canceled flight for one night. It was like trying to sleep in a night club. The room smelled of mildew, what they called dinner was absolutely not appetizing and if you consider 6oz a drink you might be happy. Definitely my worst night in Puerto Vallarta

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tlzc
Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Only reason why I stayed in this hotel was due to my flight being cancelled. I was excited and happy to get another day of vacation and it was free! However; just because it was free doesn't mean it was great. The room I had was for a family & i t was just me (A little freaky looking at bunk beds). Not only that, it had a lot of mosquitoes before I even checked in. Somehow they got in along with the lizards/geicos. There were stains on the sheets so I layed out towels and slept on them instead. *towels were rough* . the water was yellow when I turned it on to take a shower. The pool is ridiculously far from the rooms & swim up bar and service closed at 6!!! Pool area was worse than I've ever seen, barely any shade and lounge chair needs to be upgraded. Quality of Food was poor. Overall, my stay was horrible. Never ever going to stay here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

3 Thank Cam B
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Located with easy access to the Marina this all inclusive Melia hotel is a gem. It has luscious grounds and pool. The service is out of this world and I can't remember friendlier staff. The icing on the cake is the food and presentation. Highly recommended .

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Joel H
Servici0_al_Huesped, Guest Experience Manager at Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive, responded to this review, 5 September 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your comments about your last stay with us, we appreciate the opportunity that you gave us to serve you.

We'll be waiting for you with open arms.
Best Regards,

Guest Experience Manager
Calgary
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Not a bad resort overall. Rooms are fine and the food is actually pretty good. Staff members are pleasant and hard working. Unfortunately, the resort's massive pool, which has the potential to be absolutely wonderful, desperately needs to be repaired. There are tiles missing everywhere, both in the water and on the pool deck. My young son cut his foot on one of the sharp edges during our very first hour at the pool. It was only a small cut and wasn't a big deal, but it would not have happened had the pool been in a proper state of repair. If the pool gets repaired I can see this once again being a good choice for a family resort.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Louisville, Ohio
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Overall this was a wonderful vacation! It was my first time out of the country. The resort was chosen for us because that is where my sister decided to get married. The scenery is nice, the staff is very friendly! The bartenders and waiters were absolutely wonderful! They even let us back in on our last day because when we got to the airport our flight was cancelled so we had no where to go, so they let us back in for the 5 hours we had to wait for the next flight. Food was ok, breakfast was great. Their french toast is AMAZING!!!! Now what ruined it for me was the fact that there was only 1 restaurant (by reservation only) available each night. This is their slow season and they just changed the menu each night at this same restaurant. You had to make reservations the night before (ok I get it) but when you are on tours and trips (usually in the evening) you are not there from 6-8pm to make these reservations and they will not talk to you about reservations outside of this timeframe. So as I said I was there with a wedding party (about 14 of us), the first 2 nights we were there the by reservation only restaurant was dead.....so friday morning I went to the desk and asked if I could add onto my reservation. The one lady there was a B**ch and automatically said no, so I asked why. She said that they were full that there was not a table or chair available all evening they were completely booked. I had told her that for the last few days we have been here they have not even had half the restaurant full, she continued to be nasty and tell me no. So later that day I saw someone else there, he was able to add 2 more to our reservation but still not all of us (14). What pissed me off is that the grooms parents have came to this resort 5 times (and loved it) they decided to have their sons wedding there and they could not even try to accomidate us. Now here is the kicker our reservation was for 7:30pm and from the time we showed up to the time we left around 9-10pm......there we two tables that sat 6 each completely empty!!! No one!!!! The restaurant again was only at half capacity at best! I was HOT! I wanted badly to confront the lady that had told me no they were full, but I decided to be the bigger person and not let it ruin my vacation! So the only other thing that could have been better was the refrigerators suck in the rooms (everything in the there was warm, we tried to tell someone but they did nothing about it)....and so does the air conditioning. I thought it may have just been our room, but everyone we asked their said the same thing.

Other than that our vacation was great, if we ever decide to go back to Puerto Vallarta it will not be back to this resort though!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family