Great resort with incredible staff. We purchased the "M" experience and would highly recommend. The food was amazing, pool was huge, lots and lots of things to do for free at the resort. Could not ask for much more in a resort.
The one negative to me was the "tours" desk, stay away from it. They lure you in right in the lobby and tell you about tours, seems very helpful and then comes the sales pitch to come see the presentation for the Melia vacation club. They swear up and down it is not a time share. We sat through our 90 minutes that we signed up for and were out of there. Let me tell you these are time shares!!! I think it is pathetic that they would do this to their guests right in the lobby of their own resort. This almost ruined our trip as the sales person did not want to let us go after 90 minutes, we ended up having to get up and walk out. He tried to tell us that the free massage or whatever was promised to us would not be given to us if he did not sign our paper saying we stayed for 90 minutes, are you kidding me. Wow I am getting worked up again just thinking about it.
We warned our friends who arrived a day after us to stay away from the "tours" desk. On their 4th morning they got a call to their room saying they had a package at the front desk. When he got there they instructed him that his package was at the "tours" desk and it was a welcome package (on day 4??). They obviously saw on their list that they had not pissed off the guests in room 14XX yet. I just cannot believe that a hotel would do this to its guests, telling them they have a package at the front desk I mean come on.
This is a great resort, but be warned that the time share employees could ruin your day.
The tours desk are the only people on the whole place that will disappoint you, the rest of the staff is amazing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking Marina Vallarta, one of the most exclusive and quiet areas of Puerto Vallarta, a four star luxury hotel just 5 minutes from the airport or 10 minutes from downtown. Just a short walk from the 18 hole, par 71 Marina Vallarta golf course. 318 rooms in a vast tropical sanctuary on the beautiful bay of Banderas, ideal for a family vacation. Gazebos facing the ocean, the place is perfect for photographing perfect sunsets over Puerto Vallarta. Nightly themed dance shows live, from traditional retro style dances to traditional ones performed by the hotel's own dancers. Where is Puerto Vallarta? Located on the beautiful Pacific coast of Mexico, with an international airport and a seaport, it is one of the most popular tourist destinations. Romantic ocean views ready for your special occasions. Experience the best Mexican experience from the moment you enter Melia Puerto Vallarta. This all-inclusive, 4-star luxury resort offers its guests a variety of dining options and perfect leisure activities, whether for a romantic getaway, a family holiday or a corporate meeting. The property has a timeless tropical charm, thanks to the large open spaces and spacious, peaceful ecological gardens (full of iguanas, ducks, coy, birds) and wide sea views. The hotel has been designed by architects Oriol Bohigas and Joseph Martorell, authors of other projects such as the Olympic Village and the Olympic Port of Barcelona. The ingenious climate-focused design allows you to enjoy Puerto Vallarta's climate all year round. Are you traveling with children? Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive is a family-friendly hotel offering babysitting services with trained and certified professionals. Children's activities include crafts, billiards, table tennis, table football, arcade machines and more. Attention: FREE TOBACCO SMOKE-FREE HOTEL IN CLOSED AREAS: Melia Puerto Vallarta is concerned about the environment and as part of its Sustainable Tourism program, offers its guests and associates a smoke-free environment in all our rooms, theater, Lobby, restaurants, elevators, hallways of rooms and in some open areas delimited by the Hotel. This strictly non-smoking room is charged a room cleaning fee of $ 200.00 USD for guests who violate the "smoke-free" policy. For all visitors who smoke, hotel puts at your disposal assigned areas in the pool area, motor lobby and public beach. Ask for the map with the designated smoking areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Melia, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Sol Melia Puerto Vallarta