We statyed at the Pelicanos Seccion II from Jan. 10-17 and were very pleased. The staff were excellent and very helpful. There always seemed to be room at the pool or lounge chairs. The pool was clean and maybe a little on the cool side, but it felt great. We did not eat at the resort except for a few breakfast which were very good.
Our room was spotless and very cozy. Two bathrooms and one bedroom. Maid service was every day and very thorough. We had a partial kitchen with all the amenities needed. Mostly just cooked breakfast and ate out for dinner.
Did some tours through the hotel when we were staying there. Got a free tour called Jungle Trio or somethin and am glad we did not pay for it. The whale watching was great and for the second year in a row, we have not been disappointed. Really something to see when they are breaching etc.
The hotel had free internet for the guests which was great for just keepin in touch back home. We also used internet in the internet cafes around the hotel and very cheap.
Close to lots and you can walk to town from there. I think about 1/2 hour or so.
Taco stand out on main street was great. There was actually two. There was one almost directly across the street once you were out on the main street and also a sit-down one called TAKO. Both good for those nights when a big meal wasn't going to work. A ton of restaurants in town but you can read about all those in the PV forum. Ther is a lot of info there for just about everythin. Also bought a tortilla press from Sorianas for about $8-$9 CAD.Bought one in Canada about 4 years ago and it was $30.00
Again we were totally happy with our stay at the Pelicanos.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Plaza Pelicanos Grand Beach Resort situated on beautiful Las Glorias, surrounded by colorful tropical vegetation. facing the Pacific in Puerto Vallarta, close to shops, Teatro Vallarta, Malecon, Caballito, restaurants, and attractions, only 15 minutes from the Puerto Vallarta International Airport (PVR) and 7 minutes from downtown. The layout offers private and quiet areas, as well as active areas for recreation.The hotel offers amenities like outdoor pool, a childrens pool, two aerial Jacuzzis with bay view, a health club, and a childrens club, concierge desk, Spa, Bali beds, wireless Internet access (surcharge) is available in public areas, wedding services and complimentary guest parking is limited, Sky lounge Bar, tennis court, karaoke room, game room, a buffet restaurant and two a la carte restaurant for dinner ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Plaza Pelicanos Grand Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plaza Pelicanos Grand Beach Hotel
- Pelicanos Puerto Vallarta
- Plaza Pelicanos Puerto Vallarta
- Hotel Pelicanos Puerto Vallarta
- Hotel Plaza Pelicanos Grand Beach
- Plaza Pelicanos Grand Beach Resort Puerto Vallarta