Visited GCP for the third time the last week of April. The wife was a little hesitant as on our 2nd visit back in 9/10, the resort was showing some age with chipped paint, missing tiles, etc. Let me assure you....this has been taken care of. As a matter of fact, the week we were there, there was a maintenance man painting non stop........anyhow....those were just cosmetic issues.
There has to be a reason so many people return multiple visits. In my opinion, it has to be the staff. Grant it, i have only been there 3 times over the past 3 1/2 years, but most of the staff has remained in tact. They actually remember their return guess, and that is impressive.
The hotel is only about 10 minutes from the airport. Don't bother booking a transfer, just take a taxi. I believe the rate is now up to like $19 -$20 USD, but haggle a little.....I got it for $15. Trip back is much cheaper.......only $8.
Food at the resort isn't 5 star like eating at one of the Iron Chef's restaurant, but it is pretty decent and every one should be able to find something to meet their liking. In my opinion Paradise Restaurant (upstairs) is the best. Poppy truly is an amazing individual, and treats all his customers like they are family (maybe because he knows them all as so many are return visitors).
If you are an uptight individual with no social skills, the beach vendors will be annoying. However, if you are a normal human being, you will realize they are just trying to earn a living. A simple no thank you does the trick. However it you spend some time getting to know them as the human beings they are (they are back multiple times everyday), you can really get some pretty good deals on some pretty decent stuff......just don't buy on the first visit.
Now the people in the lobby offering spa discounts, trip discounts, etc. Avoid them by all means....they are timeshare people and they do not quite understand NO....they will tell you it is only a 90 minute presentation.......you will find it more like Gilligan's Island. You will never leave!
Time to start planning visit #4.
Anyhow....need to cut it short, If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Golden Crown Paradise All Inclusive Resort where our unmatched personalized and friendly service are a cut above the rest with a great location just 10 minutes from downtown and 15 minutes from the International Airport. As an adults-only all-inclusive resort, our focus is on pampering, tranquility, and rejuvenation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Crown Paradise Golden Resort Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Crown Paradise Resort Puerto Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Golden Crown Paradise Puerto Vallarta
- Crown Paradise Puerto Vallarta
- Crown Paradise Resort