I stayed at this resort during PVR's shoulder season. I thought this would work as it's a quieter time, but didn't consider all the entrepreneurs wanting those few tourist dollars (fewer tourists to focus on in town, on the beach, at the Resort!).
This is also the resort's construction & repair season and it's understandable the need to complete maintenance to avoid issues later. It's needed.....but is it too late? This is a resort's time to also minimize the volume of customers affected.
Sadly repair work impacted a number of guests. Some issues: elevators not working (hiking up 5 - 6 floors), water shut off (when turned on, it came out like brown tea from the tap), and air conditioning not working. These are basics that guests expect when staying at a resort.
Response: If it weren't for the staff (they are friendly, lots of them), I believe more guests would have packed their bags and left for other hotels. Lesson: People don't care what issues a resort has when trying to deal with it's aging infrastructure, they want what they paid for. Staff moved Customers, were empathetic, but issues continued to follow guests. The most significant issue was lack of reliable air-conditioning. For most northern people, uncomfortable 32 Celsius temps, with high humidity speaks for the need of reliable air conditioning. Some rooms had ceiling fans, albeit insufficient. Even as I left, newer guests were at the front desk wanting other rooms with sufficient air conditioning. New air conditioning system is a priority for this hotel, including replacement of individual units located in the higher end wing.
As for Food selection, although not extensive, it was adequate. Most of the time, you ordered from a menu. It limits what you may pile on your plate at buffet, probably better for you too. Generic beverages are served, brand names are absent unless you ask. If it's available, staff would dig it out of a cupboard and serve.
Perhaps management is not aware that repeat customers are no longer returning. Local nationals are now frequenting the property, reducing the occupancy rate. Not a bad thing, but sadly this is what happens when you don't invest sufficiently in a property to maintain competitiveness.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Golden Crown Paradise All Inclusive Resort where our unmatched personalized and friendly service are a cut above the rest with a great location just 10 minutes from downtown and 15 minutes from the International Airport. As an adults-only all-inclusive resort, our focus is on pampering, tranquility, and rejuvenation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Crown Paradise Golden Resort Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Crown Paradise Resort Puerto Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Golden Crown Paradise Puerto Vallarta
- Crown Paradise Puerto Vallarta
- Crown Paradise Resort