I planned a renewal of our vows at the Golden Crown Paradise. I first had planned our trip the first week of September but I changed to the end of the month. I wanted to make this trip a surprise for my husband and I was able to plan and coordinate with Lorena the event planner. Upon our arrival I had chosen the Honeymoon Suite which had a beautiful view and the room was nice. The ceremony which was the day after we arrived was very beautiful and was on the beach, we had a romantic dinner with excellent service and then went to downtown PVR to dance the night away. I enjoyed the pool it was quiet, also the tacos by the pool was great. My husband and I were enjoying our time together. We didn't plan any tours although we went to a Mexican Fiesta and visited the Zoo which was an experience you won't want to miss. The food in the specialty restaurants was very good. We had a great time up until the last day, I went to the sister hotel to have breakfast and as I was walking into the restaurant there was a small step and I lost my balance and fell on my ankle. I knew that it was bad because I couldn't move for about 10 minutes. The folks in the restaurant helped me with a wheelchair and I went back to our hotel where my husband talked to the manager of Golden Paradise., After convincing the manager to call a doctor, when the doctor arrived he looked at my ankle which was extremely swollen and bruised. He suggested I go to the hospital but since my plane was leaving at 4:00 pm I decided to head to the airport. The hotel reimbursed 10% of the upgrade which was $85.00, we spent quite a bit of money that weekend with the hotel and renewal of vows and private dinner on the beach. I felt since there were not signs informing guests about the step ( signs stating a step) in the restaurant that the hotel should have reimbursed the whole amount of our hotel.When I arrived at home 13 hours later, I went to the Hospital and I had broken my ankle, I have been off work and had to pay co-pay for doctors.I am still recovering a month later , a memorable trip that turned bad, I did get an email from the event planner to apologize for the accident and she stated they would put signs to prevent this from happening again.It would have been nice for the Hotel would have followed up as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Golden Crown Paradise All Inclusive Resort where our unmatched personalized and friendly service are a cut above the rest with a great location just 10 minutes from downtown and 15 minutes from the International Airport. As an adults-only all-inclusive resort, our focus is on pampering, tranquility, and rejuvenation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, LoveHolidays and Expedia so you can book your Crown Paradise Golden Resort Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Crown Paradise Resort Puerto Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Golden Crown Paradise Puerto Vallarta
- Crown Paradise Puerto Vallarta
- Crown Paradise Resort