I was 20 when my mom and I came here for a bonding trip. I have health problems which make it difficult to walk around because I use crutches. I was very nervous about it but the staff and even a few guests were very helpful. I had been to Mexico a few times before and knew what to expect. We chose this hotel because of the size. I can't handle big, packed hotels. It was the perfect size.
Staff: very helpful and kind. Marlin from beach security helped me on the beach every day. All the staff were great but I do have my favorites for sure. Hopefully they're still there.
Food: do to experience in the past I tend to stay away from most meat except chicken. I tried some pork, it was tasty but extremely chewy. Beef was a bit dry. We didn't go to many of the restaurants. We went upstairs which had good food and the Mexican restaurant downstairs which I liked way more. All in all food was pretty good. I may as well add drinks in here. My mom loves margaritas. Unfortunately she couldn't stand the margaritas there. The limes weren't fresh or something. Turns out, thanks to the Golden Crown, my mom loves dirty monkeys so problem solved!
Service: it wasn't bad. Someone was always making sure we had what we needed. The rooms were cleaned late morning but honestly who cares? You're supposed to be on vacation not stuck in your room. I don't drink but only two waiters would bring me coke without rum. Not a big problem though.
Rooms: the room was small but there was enough room to walk around in. My favorite part of the room was the giant bathroom. Awesome tub! We didn't spend much time in our room so there's not much to say. Of course when we left the sliding door open we'd get some sand in our room, that's to be expected. The key to our security box didn't work but it wasn't difficult to take our valuables with us.
Shopping: bought some stuff on the beach. Knowing the area we were in we were prepared for the stuff to be a bit expensive. If prices bother you I suggest you go to Old Town to shop. More selection for a cheaper price.
Problems: not many issues for us. I listed a few above. Also $16 for Internet is crazy. We didn't pay for that. Not having wifi actually worked out for us well. There were no problems that made us upset or that there wasn't some sort of solution to. Our key kept breaking down on us but it ended up being our fault, we bought a magnet for my daughter and left it in the bag with our key.
I enjoyed my stay and plan on going to the sister hotel with my daughter this year. I plan on walking over to see if my favorite waiter is still there. I hope so.
OH if anyone can't find the switch to the fan pull the bedside table out a bit, it should be there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Golden Crown Paradise All Inclusive Resort where our unmatched personalized and friendly service are a cut above the rest with a great location just 10 minutes from downtown and 15 minutes from the International Airport. As an adults-only all-inclusive resort, our focus is on pampering, tranquility, and rejuvenation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Crown Paradise Golden Resort Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Crown Paradise Resort Puerto Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Golden Crown Paradise Puerto Vallarta
- Crown Paradise Puerto Vallarta
- Crown Paradise Resort