My wife and I recently stayed at the Golden resort in PV, which adults only - April 2-16/14. This was our 2nd time back (previously Nov/13 for 2 weeks). We believe the resort offers excellent value for your money and the location is great. Located beside the Marina (where the cruise ships dock) it is within walking distance to Walmart and Liverpool mall, Starbucks, and Soriana around the corner. At the end
of the street (Where the flea market stalls are located) and up the road a bit, is a great souvenir & what-ever store with excellent prices.
Now the resort. We would like to make special mention of Raul, on reception, Chris at the pool bar and Bruno, maitre de at our favourite a la carte. Fantastic people who are very friendly and helpful. We found the location improved since Nov. - at the sister location next door - with a new pool and the Lapalapa now open. The food was very varied, excellent quality and always something you'll love. One recommendation we have for the resort is to try to improve the buffet by somehow ensuring the food is hot - well, at least very warm. Usually ours was not on almost every day. Otherwise the buffet was excellent. The a la cartes were more than great except for the French restaurant. The maître de was somewhat acerbic and hardly attentive. The menu was the worst of the lot. I had French onion soup (and the broth was ok) but served with puff pastry on top which quickly became a gooey mess and unappetizing. My wife had a hamburger steak - you guessed it - a hamburger with French bread. I ordered the veal and asked for it medium well done. It came rare and bloody. After one cut into it, I could not eat it. The point here, is that no staff passing our table and looking it over, even noticed that my meal was not touched. We ended on a sour note. With with the other quality in the resort, the menu for the French restaurant could be improved considerably.
All the staff are very, very friendly and will always go out of their way to help you. Simply ask. The bars are great and serve food as well as drinks. Room service is excellent. The grounds are very well kept and the two resorts, in total, are pretty well maintained and attractive.
The adult pool, while not gigantic, is a pretty good size and right facing the ocean. Doesn't get much better. The activities always have something to please everybody.
We are sold on this resort (and have been to MANY in Mexico) and will return again and again. We have already recommended it to friends.
One final note for the benefit of management. Please, please re-instate free WIFi which you had last year. There is now a charge and the charge is high. One of the tour guides I talked to at the desk said that all resorts are now charging in PV. However, if you check reviews of resorts in PV you will find that many, many of them offer free WiFi. There is a neat coffee shop next door that does offer wifi if you simply buy a cup of coffee. We used it frequently.
Forgot the rooms! Ours was beach front, clean, and posed no problem what so ever. In spite of the many comments about hard beds in Mexico, mine was too soft! Go figure.
I look forward to our return in October.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Golden Crown Paradise All Inclusive Resort where our unmatched personalized and friendly service are a cut above the rest with a great location just 10 minutes from downtown and 15 minutes from the International Airport. As an adults-only all-inclusive resort, our focus is on pampering, tranquility, and rejuvenation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HRS, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crown Paradise Golden Resort Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Crown Paradise Resort Puerto Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Golden Crown Paradise Puerto Vallarta
- Crown Paradise Puerto Vallarta
- Crown Paradise Resort