“1St time in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico”

Crown Paradise Golden Resort Puerto Vallarta
Ranked #44 of 124 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
GATINEAU
“1St time in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We have been to this very small resort in March 2012. The buffet was not the best i have seen better but we did not starve and none of us 5 were sick during our vacation. It's an old resort but don't forget you are staying in old part of Vallarta. If you are looking for bigger more recent resort than go in Nuevo Nayarit. We loved the location...get on the bus or take a taxi almost everyday and spent the day on the Malecon which is not far. The staff were nice except the housekeepers were fighting a few days during our stay...it was funny could not understand what they were saying. Great view of pool area and ocean. Will definitely be going back to Puerto Vallarta, loved it very much and we will also be staying near downtown again. The mexicans are really nice here.
If you go to Vallarta you must do the pirate ship evening that was the most fun we had on a vacation.

Room Tip: Ocean view or ocean front rooms are great.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Golden Resort Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Hello ANGELGatineau,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Crown Paradise Golden. We are happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of our convenient location and enjoyed the beautiful view of the pool and the ocean. We apologize for any inconvenience you faced with the housekeeping staff and I will be sure to share your feedback with the hotel.

I do hope the next time you return to Puerto Vallarta you consider staying with us again.

Kind regards,
Katarina

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (582)
Aurora
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I just returned from a four day trip to the golden crown paradise in puerto Vallarta. I would never return to the hotel. To start the hotel is very outdated and old, and it's nothing like what the pictures show. Check in was an easy process and our room was ready upon arrival. When we got to our room the room stank if mold and meldew and was nothing like what the pictures depicted online. I was instantly disappointed and already knew I wanted to switch hotels. I decided to make the best of the room after all how much time are you in there. We went to the beach/pool where you are instantly harassed by sellers on the beach. This is expected however hotel staff does nothing from preventing these people from scream and harassing you at the pool. I wouldn't even go to the beach because there were so many people who yelled and harassed but to be harassed at the pool was horrible it was hard to relax and enjoy any quite time. The good was beyond horrible i didn't eat for four days mostly eating cracker from the gift shop. I don't expect much from all inclusive but this was the worst I have ever encountered the Buffett at the sister hotel was so dirty I couldn't even bring myself to eat over there. The food wasn't kept to correct temp and when I did try to eat my meal was followed with being sick and lots of pepto. The beds were as hard as a rock and I never got a good nights sleep. The staff was nice enough but didn't work hard to make the stay memorable and the harassed us daily to buy into their timeshare. My last day there I got a massage in what their version of a spa is which is a little area that is nothing like a spa. During my massage the lady kept the door open the whole time which is beyond uncomfortable I asked her to close it, she did and then reopened it when she thought I wasn't paying attention. I wouldn't reccomened this place to my worst enemy. The list goes on and on. If I could give it zero stars I would, it is not a four star place like it seems but a two at best.

• Stayed June 2014
8 Thank Cyris0
Dear Cyris0,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding your recent experience at the Crown Paradise Golden.

Our guests are the number one priority and we apologize that your stay did not live up to your expectations. We strive to make every guests' stay a pleasant one through our service and amenities, I am sorry that your experience with us was not as positive as you would have liked, but thank you for sharing this with us nonetheless, as all feedback, positive or negative, is an opportunity to learn from any mis-steps and improve our service.
I have shared your comments regarding the musty smell in your room with our housekeeping staff, and we’re looking into several solutions.

Once again, I am sorry that our facilities and food selection were not to your personal tastes, but thank you for sharing your experience with us, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back some time in the future.

Penticton, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My wife and I just returned from our honeymoon at the Crown Paradise Golden Resort in Puerto Vallarta. We spent a week at the resort and were treated very well during our stay. The food was good (the only place we didn't like was Paradise Restaurant) and the drinks were never watered down and always delicious. The staff were exceptional, particularly Pedro & Luis at the Breeze Bar and Raul at the front desk. There were only two things we were not impressed with.

1) Once check in process is complete they have you go to the information desk where someone tries to sell you on a time-share presentation. It took nearly an hour before he understood that we weren't interested.

2) Our bed was hard as a rock. It almost felt as though we were sleeping on 2 box springs rather than a boxspring and a mattress.

Other than that, we had an excellent vacation and we would not hesitate to recommend the resort or come to stay again on our next holiday.

2 Thank TimH891
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Golden Resort Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Hello TimH891,

Thank you for posting your comments on Tripadvisor, and for your kind words to our staff and facilities. I am happy to see that overall, you enjoyed your time with us.
Every feedback we receive is very valuable for us as it is our most reliable source to locate areas we have to work at, in order to meet our guests expectations. Our guest's comfort during entire stay is our greatest priority, therefore I apologize for the guest service agent who, while trying to provide you information regarding the Vacation Club membership, unfortunately kept you from relaxing.
I’m also sorry to hear you didn’t find our beds comfortable enough, we also provide extra padding for the mattresses upon request for future reference.

Thank you again for your comments and the time you took to share them, it is greatly appreciated!

Greetings from Puerto Vallarta,
Clearwater, Canada
Reviewed 15 June 2014

well I would like to say about all the negative posts I have been to this Resort 13 times and is great,food is great Drinks are not watered down ask and you will receive,front desk staff is great Antonio you are great Marycruze you are also great I will be back soon!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank murraymatusky56
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Golden Resort Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Hello murraymatusky56,

We're all delighted that you had such a wonderful time and can't thank you enough for sharing your experience here with others on TripAdvisor.
We so appreciate your loyalty, support, and repeat business and are honored that we are your preferred residence when visiting beautiful Puerto Vallarta.

All best wishes and with much appreciation from all of us at Golden Crown Paradise!
Strathmore, Canada
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The food is horrable, The room services is well hard to describe...ordered from and either did not get order, or order was wrong. Entertainment or lack there of was okay. Staff was lazy and not very welcoming.

5 Thank travellots1967
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Golden Resort Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear travellots1967,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the poor service and stay you had during your recent visit to our hotel. We strive to make every guests' stay a pleasant one through our service and amenities and we will use your comments as we continually evolve to best meet your expectations. We hope you will give us another opportunity to show you the quality hospitality you deserve should you return to Puerto Vallarta in the future.

Bedford TX
Reviewed 12 June 2014

5 minutes from the airport and 10 minutes to downtown. Adults only resort, next to their family friendly resort. There are no buffets here, all 3 restaurants are a la carte Reservations are required for dinner, so make those arrangements when you check in..Standard rooms have big balconies. All rooms have iron and board.All rooms are ocean view. The lobby is very breezy. There is an olympic size pool with jacuzzi and the pool is heated in the winter. There are sailboat and jet ski rentals on the beach. Sea turtles lay their eggs on the beach in season. There is a wedding chapel on the beach. This is not a luxurious hotel, but it is very modern, clean, and very comfortable. Great place for adults in a multi generation family vacation.Families are just next door.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Racing2dayBedfordTX
Hello Racing2dayBedfordTX,

Thank you for the great review. I am glad you found our location to your liking and enjoyed your time at the hotel. I’m sure your review of our facilities and services will be of great help to TripAdvisor readers.

We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to hosting you again!

Warm regards,
La Grange Texas
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I found a great deal on Travelzoo for a long weekend stay, non-stop air flight to Golden Crown Paradise Resort in Puerto Vallarta. The week we went we went was our 30th wedding anniversary. We enjoyed it. It was our first time to Puerto Vallarta. 5th time to Mexico.
Our other stays have been in the Cancun, Playa Del Carmen, & Maya Riveria. The water and beaches in Puerto Vallarta are not as clear & pretty, not even close.
We stayed in room 2607 an ocean front room. The room was very clean an adequate in size. The air conditioner was not good. The room at night was not kept cool by the unit. I agree with a previous review adding a ceiling fan would go a long way in helping cool the room off.

I did not feel the front desk help cared when we told them the remote did not work & about the air conditioner the clerk behind the counter looked at us with contempt said maintenance was busy then wrote down a different room number than the one we gave him. My husband turned to leave and as I walked up to the counter to have him write down the correct room number he was crumbling the note & throwing it away. No... No One from maintenance came to look at the air unit or bring a new remote... I did not hold it against maintenance I do not think they got our message. That was the only thing disappointing for us, and we did not let it ruin our long weekend from home.

We ate all our evening meals at Paradise. I will post a few pictures of it. We picked it by random choice the first night liked it so much we kept coming back they changed the menu every night and we liked everything we got especially ending the meal with the flaming coffee made table side for us by Pauly. We are still talking about how much we enjoyed Pauly's show. I will post picture of him also.

If we go back I would pick a different room. From the design all rooms seemed like they would have a "view" of the ocean. Ours was the closest & was a full ocean view, but there was a bar directly below us that closed at midnight I think 2 of the nights there were rowdy drinkers we could hear chanting & hollering over the air conditioner.

Drinks- were OK My husband like Gin & Tonic if you get it early there is better quality liquor. Later in the evening it taste like rubbing alcohol. The drinks in the restaurant Paradise were always top shelf. I had a very good lemon drop martini.

The pool is small but for our stay was not over crowded. It was easy to get a covered cabana each day.

We walked as far as we could both was on the beach each morning barefoot someone posted you need water-shoes to go on the beach I disagree. The breakfast & lunch buffets we enjoyed at the sister hotel next door that is family friendly.

The workers was always mopping or sweeping to keep the appearance clean and nice. This is a dated resort it could benefit from some outdoor updating. There was renovations happening at the family friendly sister resort new pool, outside building being repainted and updated. I would say the cabanas on our beach were nicer.

This was resort very close to the airport and walking distance to the marina. There is a flea market we went to on the last day and the prices were very good and the vendors are very appreciative we bought from them.

If I got another good deal I would go back, I would not at this time pay a lot to stay here compared to the other resorts we have been to. I would select a different room location. This was the first time we stayed at an adults resort, and we did enjoy it. Your stay and enjoyment is some times what you make of it. If you focus on the negatives you will only see the negative. We had a very enjoyable time & plan to travel to adult only resort from now on.

Room Tip: 2607 was clean. Air conditioner cooled, but did not circulate the air into the room. The view was...
2 Thank somethinggr8
Hello somethinggr8,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback of your recent experience with us. We always try to do whatever we can to make sure that our guests feel cared for, valued, and respected, and I apologize that we fell short of our normally high standards, and that your Front Office experience was not helpful. I have passed your comments along to our Front Desk Manager, as it is through such feedback that we are able to continually improve our on property experience to meet and exceed the needs of our guests.
I am glad you were able to take advantage of our convenient location and that you had a great dining experience and overall enjoyed the facilities and services. We appreciate you taking the time to compliment Pauly’s great show. I’m sure he’ll be happy to hear you mentioning it.

We feel honored that you have chosen us to spend such important occasion as your anniversary celebration, and we sincerely hope that you will consider staying with us the next time you plan to visit beautiful Puerto Vallarta. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly, as it would be a pleasure to assist you with your pre-arrival arrangements.

Best wishes,