“A Lot Has Changed in 7 years...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crown Paradise Golden Resort Puerto Vallarta

Crown Paradise Golden Resort Puerto Vallarta
Ranked #46 of 127 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
houston
“A Lot Has Changed in 7 years...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

We first visited this property in 2007 and returned last week. Unfortunately, a lot has changed in the past 7 years and also things haven't changed.

Property: This is definitely starting to show wear. Not much has been updated since our last visit. The TV's are outdated, the beds are still very hard and uncomfortable. Minor maintenance issues were spotted throughout.

Atmosphere: The age of the guests has greatly dropped. It's now more of a Carnival Cruise atmosphere. There were large groups of single Mexican guys having a good time with tequila volleyball and beer drinking contests on the beach. This was a big turn off for more mature visitors like ourselves. It was more loud and rowdy. The pool was clean and quite warm. The grounds were clean and well kept.

Food: The food was average to slightly above average. I can't say we ate anything outstanding for the three nights. However, we had good food with decent service. The sexy coffee is still a big hit.

Room: We were upgraded to a suite and liked the room. It was clean. The bed was uncomfortable. We NEVER had hot water in the shower. The lamps needed to be repaired. The ceiling fans were loud.

Value: We went not expecting much for our $600 per person Funjet deal, including airfare. So, overall, we gave it an average rating. We got what we paid for. The hotel is more of a Holiday Inn/Marriott Courtyard catering to Mexican tourists. The non-Mexican tourists like ourselves had an enjoyable time.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RandS_TX
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Golden Resort Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Hello RandS_TX,

We appreciate the time you took to review your stay at the Crown Paradise Golden. Thank you for the feedback. We are sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities you expected from Golden during your recent stay. We will make a note of the issues you came across and will work to fix them for the future.
We hope you will reconsider our hotel on your next visit and address any concerns or requests so that we can fully accommodate your needs and exceed your expectations. We are here to make a difference and take your feedback to heart and continue to improve our products and services for you and all future visits.

We do hope that you will consider giving us another try if you make future plans to travel to Puerto Vallarta.

Kind regards,
Katarina

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (527)
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

My husband and I visited the Crown Paradise Golden Resort to celebrate our anniversary. I had read many reviews both favorable and unfavorable and didn't know quite what to expect. We were very pleased with everything from the room to the services the food and the amenities. Sure there are some upgrades needed, but if you go with the mindset that you are going to relax and make the most out of your vacation, you will enjoy it. The staff was really accommodating and worked hard to ensure we enjoyed our stay. If we didn't like an entree, they worked hard to make something to our liking. Our room was a deluxe ocean view on the 8th floor. There was a kitchenette, living room, separate bedroom, and bathroom with a very deep tub. It wasn't a five star, but it was comfortable and the air was very cold. The view of the ocean was great! The only suggestions that I would given would be to improve the quality of the food and improve the shows and entertainment at Club Nitro. We especially enjoyed talking with Ana Marie who wzs extremely helpful and always pleasant.

Room Tip: Deluxe ocean view rooms on a high floor are the best!
2 Thank MrsTiffanyS
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Golden Resort Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Hello MrsTiffanyS,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave this positive review following your recent stay with us at Crown Paradise Golden. I was so pleased to read that you and your husband chose to spend your anniversary celebration at our resort. I was delighted that we met your expectations and I have passed on your kind words to our great team who always try their best to meet our guests expectations.

We appreciate your comments and suggestions and will use them in an effort to better our hotel for the future.

We sincerely appreciate it and would love to have you again!

Best wishes,
GATINEAU
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

We have been to this very small resort in March 2012. The buffet was not the best i have seen better but we did not starve and none of us 5 were sick during our vacation. It's an old resort but don't forget you are staying in old part of Vallarta. If you are looking for bigger more recent resort than go in Nuevo Nayarit. We loved the location...get on the bus or take a taxi almost everyday and spent the day on the Malecon which is not far. The staff were nice except the housekeepers were fighting a few days during our stay...it was funny could not understand what they were saying. Great view of pool area and ocean. Will definitely be going back to Puerto Vallarta, loved it very much and we will also be staying near downtown again. The mexicans are really nice here.
If you go to Vallarta you must do the pirate ship evening that was the most fun we had on a vacation.

Room Tip: Ocean view or ocean front rooms are great.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Hello ANGELGatineau,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Crown Paradise Golden. We are happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of our convenient location and enjoyed the beautiful view of the pool and the ocean. We apologize for any inconvenience you faced with the housekeeping staff and I will be sure to share your feedback with the hotel.

I do hope the next time you return to Puerto Vallarta you consider staying with us again.

Kind regards,
Aurora
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

I just returned from a four day trip to the golden crown paradise in puerto Vallarta. I would never return to the hotel. To start the hotel is very outdated and old, and it's nothing like what the pictures show. Check in was an easy process and our room was ready upon arrival. When we got to our room the room stank if mold and meldew and was nothing like what the pictures depicted online. I was instantly disappointed and already knew I wanted to switch hotels. I decided to make the best of the room after all how much time are you in there. We went to the beach/pool where you are instantly harassed by sellers on the beach. This is expected however hotel staff does nothing from preventing these people from scream and harassing you at the pool. I wouldn't even go to the beach because there were so many people who yelled and harassed but to be harassed at the pool was horrible it was hard to relax and enjoy any quite time. The good was beyond horrible i didn't eat for four days mostly eating cracker from the gift shop. I don't expect much from all inclusive but this was the worst I have ever encountered the Buffett at the sister hotel was so dirty I couldn't even bring myself to eat over there. The food wasn't kept to correct temp and when I did try to eat my meal was followed with being sick and lots of pepto. The beds were as hard as a rock and I never got a good nights sleep. The staff was nice enough but didn't work hard to make the stay memorable and the harassed us daily to buy into their timeshare. My last day there I got a massage in what their version of a spa is which is a little area that is nothing like a spa. During my massage the lady kept the door open the whole time which is beyond uncomfortable I asked her to close it, she did and then reopened it when she thought I wasn't paying attention. I wouldn't reccomened this place to my worst enemy. The list goes on and on. If I could give it zero stars I would, it is not a four star place like it seems but a two at best.

• Stayed June 2014
8 Thank Cyris0
Dear Cyris0,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding your recent experience at the Crown Paradise Golden.

Our guests are the number one priority and we apologize that your stay did not live up to your expectations. We strive to make every guests' stay a pleasant one through our service and amenities, I am sorry that your experience with us was not as positive as you would have liked, but thank you for sharing this with us nonetheless, as all feedback, positive or negative, is an opportunity to learn from any mis-steps and improve our service.
I have shared your comments regarding the musty smell in your room with our housekeeping staff, and we’re looking into several solutions.

Once again, I am sorry that our facilities and food selection were not to your personal tastes, but thank you for sharing your experience with us, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back some time in the future.

Penticton, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

My wife and I just returned from our honeymoon at the Crown Paradise Golden Resort in Puerto Vallarta. We spent a week at the resort and were treated very well during our stay. The food was good (the only place we didn't like was Paradise Restaurant) and the drinks were never watered down and always delicious. The staff were exceptional, particularly Pedro & Luis at the Breeze Bar and Raul at the front desk. There were only two things we were not impressed with.

1) Once check in process is complete they have you go to the information desk where someone tries to sell you on a time-share presentation. It took nearly an hour before he understood that we weren't interested.

2) Our bed was hard as a rock. It almost felt as though we were sleeping on 2 box springs rather than a boxspring and a mattress.

Other than that, we had an excellent vacation and we would not hesitate to recommend the resort or come to stay again on our next holiday.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank TimH891
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Golden Resort Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Hello TimH891,

Thank you for posting your comments on Tripadvisor, and for your kind words to our staff and facilities. I am happy to see that overall, you enjoyed your time with us.
Every feedback we receive is very valuable for us as it is our most reliable source to locate areas we have to work at, in order to meet our guests expectations. Our guest's comfort during entire stay is our greatest priority, therefore I apologize for the guest service agent who, while trying to provide you information regarding the Vacation Club membership, unfortunately kept you from relaxing.
I’m also sorry to hear you didn’t find our beds comfortable enough, we also provide extra padding for the mattresses upon request for future reference.

Thank you again for your comments and the time you took to share them, it is greatly appreciated!

Greetings from Puerto Vallarta,
Clearwater, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

well I would like to say about all the negative posts I have been to this Resort 13 times and is great,food is great Drinks are not watered down ask and you will receive,front desk staff is great Antonio you are great Marycruze you are also great I will be back soon!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank murraymatusky56
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Golden Resort Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Hello murraymatusky56,

We're all delighted that you had such a wonderful time and can't thank you enough for sharing your experience here with others on TripAdvisor.
We so appreciate your loyalty, support, and repeat business and are honored that we are your preferred residence when visiting beautiful Puerto Vallarta.

All best wishes and with much appreciation from all of us at Golden Crown Paradise!
Strathmore, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

The food is horrable, The room services is well hard to describe...ordered from and either did not get order, or order was wrong. Entertainment or lack there of was okay. Staff was lazy and not very welcoming.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank travellots1967
Katarina P, Community Manager at Crown Paradise Golden Resort Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear travellots1967,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the poor service and stay you had during your recent visit to our hotel. We strive to make every guests' stay a pleasant one through our service and amenities and we will use your comments as we continually evolve to best meet your expectations. We hope you will give us another opportunity to show you the quality hospitality you deserve should you return to Puerto Vallarta in the future.