Our intention was to getaway for a few days for a little rest and relaxation. We were interested in an all-inclusive resort, preferably adults only, where we would feel safe and have above average accomodations. Well.....the Golden Crown Paradise was an outstanding choice.
The room: The rooms were clean and the combination of air conditioning and ceiling fan kept the room very comfortable. The bed was very hard. However, that seems to be pretty common in Mexico. There was a musty smell at times but it didn't really bother us too much.
The property: The pool was awesome. My girlfriend spent many an hour floating around the pool, ordering drinks and reading her book. While the hotel was supposedly full, it never seemed to be crowded. You could get a "choice" lounge chair pretty easily. The beach was ok. This area of Mexico is not known for their beaches.
Dining: We were very pleased with the dining choices. Room service breakfast was served promptly. Lunch and snacks were at the poolside snack bar or restaurant. Dinners were outstanding. Paradise and Salvador are the 2 restaurants on this property. You also get a voucer to go next door to try their restaurants. Our meal at Salvador on our last night would have been $100+ in the states. Don't miss the "sexy coffee" at the end of your dinners. It's both a show and a great beverage.
Service: Overall, the staff was very friendly and accomodating.
Overall: We really enjoyed this hotel and would go back. We stayed for 3 nights, could have easily stayed a 4th. While there were guests in their mid-20's (lots of honeymooners), most were late 30's - 50's. The hotel did provide activities throughout the day. If you have kids, the property next door would be perfect. It was much more lively with lots of activities, buffet meals, etc.
Warnings: Watch out for timeshare salesman. Make sure you know exactly who is supposed to pick you up to take you to your hotel. As you exit the terminal, you are accosted by your new best friends, who actually want to sell you a timeshare. We booked with Funjet and even though we told the guy that, we took us to a friend of his who had a great hotel. Just keep walking past those people and look for your tour company.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Golden Crown Paradise All Inclusive Resort where our unmatched personalized and friendly service are a cut above the rest with a great location just 10 minutes from downtown and 15 minutes from the International Airport. As an adults-only all-inclusive resort, our focus is on pampering, tranquility, and rejuvenation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crown Paradise Golden Resort Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Crown Paradise Resort Puerto Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Golden Crown Paradise Puerto Vallarta
- Crown Paradise Puerto Vallarta
- Crown Paradise Resort