Vallarta Torre
US$320
US$269
US$218
  • Breakfast included
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)
US$305
  • Beachfront
Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$514
US$159
  • Pool
Barcelo Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$258
US$228
  • Breakfast included
Canto Del Sol Plaza Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$203
US$175
  • Pool
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$161
Casa Velas(Puerto Vallarta)
US$500
US$487
Grand Miramar All Luxury Suites & Residences(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$196
US$174
Official Hotel
All reviewswelcome homepalapa barvacation internationalethe penthousemurphy bedtime sharedrying rackwater aerobics and water volleyballan on site restaurantdish soapcanopy riversafe in the closethave stayed here many timesocean frontdowntown pvlarge showercoffee maker
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I wasn't going to do a review of Vallarta Torre, as it is a private timeshare, but after reading some of the negative comments, I just had to chime in. We have been coming to VT since 1996, and I was 31 at the time (age included for perspective)First off, I will concede that the furniture in the rooms is really not that comfortable for long periods of time. It's your typical Mexican decor that looks better than it functions. The beds were once hard as rocks, but have been replaced and frankly are now very comfortable. The beach furniture could be updated, but there is nothing wrong with the pool loungers. VT is closer to the airport than downtown, if you are expecting to walk out your door and have the city at your feet, you picked the wrong place (btw: you do NOT hear the airport, it isn't that close). It should be noted that almost every resort in PV requires a taxi or bus ride to get to zona romantica. Taking a bus to downtown is a part of the fun of PVRVT rooms and items supplied in the rooms are no different than any other VI resort. You don't get little shampoo bottles and an array of cleaners for the counter tops. You get dish soap, and hand soap. This is not unique to VT. If you don't like that, I suggest you avoid VI completely. The average age will vary from week to week, and month to month. There are a lot of snowbirds that come down in Feb, but May is mixed with plenty of younger folks. That said, VT is NOT a party destination. If you are looking for an all night party, there are dozens of better options. Every room is the same (except between one bed, two bed, etc). I seriously doubt staff give the bad rooms to transfers from other timeshares, they are all the same. If the a/c is broken in one room, that is just an unlucky incident. I see staff fixing things regularly. Staff is very friendly and they bend over backwards to satisfy each guest. They do not give special treatment to other Mexicans, that is just ridiculous. VI does not have control over the walking beach vendors, and they are far less pushy than what you will experience in downtown. There is a steady stream of them, but that is one of the things you just have to accept about being on the beach in PV.

The food at the restaurant is very good and never disappoints. The menu is not extensive and your meals might get a bit repetitive if you intend to eat there for your entire two week stay.

I've never heard staff warn guests about being out after dark. I've also never end worried about it. Just this visit, we walked along the boardwalk from La Palapa all the way into the main part of downtown and never felt uncomfortable. I'm sure it isn't wise to venture off the beaten path, but no more so than just about any big city in the states.

This is Mexico, and it is "third world" or "developing", so there is a level of poverty that is "normal". You might be able to hide from that fact by going to Cancun and never leaving the resort, but not if you are going to go out and experience the country. I've been enough places in Mexico to know PV isn't any different than anywhere else.... But it might just be a bit safer than some others.

I've been coming to PV since 1986 and I've never seen brown ocean water. Right at the shore, the little waves churn up the sand, which does cause it to have a brownish tint. But, this is only at the first four feet right at the sand, and it is clearly just the sand.
We have had extra days where we needed to stay at other resorts, and have seen the insides of some other resorts. While they might be a little newer, I wouldn't say they are any nicer. I could describe the rooms as smaller in some cases.

I think there are some people that will simply find fault with anything. But, I will agree that if you are expecting some swanky resort with all the super modern amenities, and a sterile atmosphere, you will probably not enjoy yourself here, or in many other PV resorts.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
11  Thank Brad W
Reviewed 23 April 2013

My husband and I have traveled to Vallarte Torre so many times. We have shared it with our children, with our best friends, and I also organized a fun extended weekend with my girlfriends for a 40th B'Day. I just happened to check some of the reviews this evening as we are in the planning stage of another trip there. I had to really laugh at the "minotaur 98126" review that suggested it might be more appropriate for the geriatric crowd and maybe some medical support might be needed! My son (who loves the downtown Chicago, IL life) has "borrowed" our points a couple of times and either brought his friends or his fiance, and he is in his late 20's. NO, it is not 5 star by any means, but is as quaint and relaxing as you could possibly imagine. If you want relaxing Mexico vs. some resort that could be on any beach, Vallarta Torre is all of that.

Julie

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank jb&jbtravel
JABoughton, Director Inventory Management at Vallarta Torre, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2013

Thank you for the wonderful review and telling your friends and family about us! We hope to see you back at Vallarta Torre soon.

Reviewed 19 March 2013

This was the third time my husband and I have visited VT in the last 4 years. If it were up to me, we'd come here every year for the rest of our days. In a built-up, high-rise, slick and fancy area of Vallarta, I find VT so refreshing and true to the Mexican way of life. I love staying here because you get all the amenities you could possibly need, but the resort maintains its local flavor--you feel like you're in Mexico, not at an "this could be just about anywhere" type of hotel. Our stay was flawless, as pure relaxation resulted. The staff is top notch and the resort has been maintained incredibly well over the years. You can tell everyone works takes such pride in making sure you are having a good time. Customer service and efficiency is what they're all about.

We were fortunate enough to stay in an oceanfront two bedroom condo and if you're able to book one of those room types (only two of the kind are available), do not hesitate. The beach is literally RIGHT outside of your window and you wake and fall asleep to the sound of the ocean every day. The room is enormous and can accommodate six people comfortably. A large open kitchen with plenty of cookware, dish ware, appliances etc. so you're able to cook in if you choose. By the way, there is a huge grocery store right across the street which is open 24 hours as well--a huge plus. We also had wrap around balcony that allowed us even more time to enjoy the ocean view and overlook the resort at the same time. A huge living room complete with a great sound/entertainment system. I could go on and on and on, but I think you get the idea! We have also stayed in the rooms in the other building (which are great as well), but the oceanfront rooms are definitely a special treat worth indulging in if you're able to secure one!

We only left the resort on two occasions as we enjoyed being on the property so much. Lots of activities of which to be a part, great food at the restaurant (we highly recommend the Mexican Fiesta they have every Wednesday night), and happy hour (two for one drinks) every day from 5-7pm. Bingo, water aerobics, shuffleboard, water volleyball are a few other activities offered as well.

While the beach is nice to try, we found it slightly annoying due to the incessant beach vendors who had a hard time accepting "no gracias" as a final answer. They are supposed to stay behind a rope but I rarely saw that happen and unfortunately security didn't seem to enforce the rules either. As such, the pool was a great place to relax and get some sun.

Everything about this resort is charming and subdued, so if you're looking for a party atmosphere with a scene, you're not going to find it here. For the most part, the clientele is either older couples and/or families, so I wouldn't recommend it if you're single or on the younger side (unless you're just looking for a completely laid back/quiet vacation). For us, it gave us exactly what we craved: relaxation, good food, friendly staff, comfortable accommodations and great amenities/convenience. While it was nearly perfect, our only minor suggestion is more consistency of friendliness at the front desk. For the most part they were fantastic, but there were just a couple of occasions where we found them to be a tad dismissive. Normally we wouldn't even bring that up, but because the staff is almost always overly accommodating and sweet, it sticks out like a sore thumb when they are not AS friendly.

We hope you enjoy your stay at VT as much as we did. Mexico is a phenomenal place and this resort is a perfect representation of its perspective and culture.

Room Tip: In the main building, floor 3 or higher is best. Oceanfront 2br, 2 bath if you can get it. Penhouses are also phenomenal.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank jpug2002
Reviewed 31 January 2013

The last time my wife and I visited VT was in 2010. Coming back to see our friends from Alaska, Canada, California and meeting new people is always special. It’s always nice seeing the amazing staff that has been there year after year.
Our friends invited us to stay with them this year and we were on the first floor, Room 104, guest bedroom which is located near the front door. It looks like the all doors and furniture had been repainted and the sofa and chairs had new cushions.
The only problem I had, sleeping in the guest room, was the workers talking loudly at 6:00 AM. Forget about sleeping in late. My wife was smart, she had ear plugs which were used to block out my snoring. She didn't hear a thing.
Soriana's is still the grocery store to shop at unless you take a cab to Sam's Club next to Walmart.
VT put on a Beach Party that had lots of food, fun and games. They hadn't done that the last time we were here.
At the bar, we noticed the prices of the cerveza had double in price from last year and that the servers had to work harder to drum up business to get their tips. What ever happened to the daily drink specials? When we are down here, I tend to drink a couple of bottles of beer a day which I hardly do when I'm home.
They had set up a memorial for the members that had past away. We had one of our friends picture on the memorial who had owned the timeshare since 1979. We really miss her presence alot.
Since we were there for Halloween, there was a contest for the best costumes for the employees and later that day, there was one for all the guest plus there were different stations for all types of Mexican food. One of the stations made these amazing crepe desserts.
Another highlight of our trip is the releasing the baby turtles into the ocean at night. This time is wasn't organized as well because it was the same night as the Halloween costume party. We could hardly watch the turtles meander down to the ocean.
One morning, we decided to buy some prawns at the local mercado which was down the street from Walmart. I think the cross street is Universo and Prisciliano Sanchez, enter on the south side of the market, Mar Caribe street, then go inside the building. The price was $120-140 pesos for 2 kilograms of prawns. On the way back, we stopped off at the corner restaurant for breakfast for $50 pesos. The place was clean and food was delicious.
The restaurant that I mentioned in my 2010 review that is around the corner from VT was closed but there was mention that it might reopen again.
We found another restaurant that is pretty popular which is in the Marina. It's located on the south part of Mastila Street. There is no reservations, so it's first come first serve. The margarita's are out of this world.
One of the questions was the taxi fare from and too the airport. Why does it cost $20US to go to the hotel from the airport, and only $50-60 pesos to go to the airport??
We plan of returning in 2013.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 December 2012

i miss our wonderful time share on the water. from the street entrance, i could see the ocean breeze blow through the wide open archway leading through the ground floor to the pool and beach. we spent our first wk here then went to the grand mayan resort complex for two wks.
i thought it would be good to go from 3 stars to 4 stars. i look forward to our return to vallarta torre;
great ocean view with spacious suite to relax in. intimate friendly and fun is better for me than a lazy river with grand mayan jack hammers and dump trucks.

my husband and i worried that our 2010 Las Vegas VI TS purchase was an error. after arriving and sitting at the palapa bar with our first dos equis and margarita we celebrated our TS purchase with enthusiasm for future travel plans. Hello to Bobbin a regular from Washington. Thank you for the cocktail party in your Torre penthouse. Marvelous luxury offered for owners with the points to splurge.

Gracias to the people of Nayarit and Jalsico. We were treated so well and enjoyed sharing tips with all the people that provided tourist service to us.....fyi.... the people who bag food are unpaid and rely on tips. I encourage all travellers to tip and share your comparitive wealth. to not tip at an all inclusive is stingy and indecent.

Room Tip: all rooms are ocean view ask for fouth floor and up to see over majestic trees take advantage of large outdoor grills for barbecues and mingling
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple