“Beautiful little resort!”
Review of Vallarta Torre

Vallarta Torre
Reviewed 6 June 2013

My husband and I spent our annual Anniversay trip here. We are VI owners, and have stayed at Torres Mazatlan before as well. This was such a great little resort. We are not into the big all inclusives. The food in the restraunt was goood, the Fajita's are the best ever!. The Staff were all wonderful, friendly and attentive. They gave us champagne, rose and a signed card from all the staff for our Anniversary. Was very thoughtful! We will definitly be back!!!

2  Thank DebMVancouver

Reviewed 4 June 2013

Warm, friendly, inviting, outstanding views, grounds, food and service. Long time staff and it shows.

Our first time here through time share - well appointed rooms, wireless in the room, pool and on the beach (essential for my ability to take time away to be here). Great tours from two blocks at the Marina. WalMart, Sorianna's (both food/beverage marts) within 5 minutes walk. Great beach activity and walks. Warm breeze and wonderful nights.

We came in June and turned off the air conditioner to enjoy the breeze. Breakfast/dinner great at the onsite restaurant, others just a stroll down the beach. Only downside? Mexican infrastructure (as always). Some plugs did not charge the ole iPad - but there were enough around that did.

Well worth it to be here. No sign of wear, insects, or issues. Next time will bring the whole family and get one of the wonderful penthouses.

Room Tip: All rooms face the ocean - not one is better than the other!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CPP123
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Enjoyed almost two weeks in this lovely establishment with friends. Beautiful grounds, warm and caring staff with great service. Only drawback were the tiny ants on the granite counter tops. They sprayed but next time we go back, will take ant traps, I don't care to have these tiny insects in my food or coffee.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice with nice ocean views but you can't beat the four bedroom penthouse if yo...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank dkhdhc
Reviewed 21 May 2013

This was our first getaway for my wife and I and we had a blast!! Yes this is a resort of the more older folks but a younger couple coming to relax and enjoy the beautiful areas of Puerto Vallarta you cannot complain. We had left our 3 kids behind for the first time to finally have just "us" time and all the staff here made us feel so welcome and at home. The resort kept it's traditional Mexican feel to the rooms not like some of the other bigger cookie cutter resorts in the area. I did wish though that they upgraded the TV's in the room to flat screens but that was no biggie, hopefully when we come back this will be done.

The staff was superb!! From the time we arrive to the time we left, we were sad leaving as they made us feel like family here. Salvador at the door, Yuri at the desk, Rosy and Ancy with the welcoming team, Pablo with the restaurants and bar, Erick with security and the housekeeping staff. Can't say enough about them and the rest of the staff.

The area is so close to Soriana's, Walmart and Sam's club for all your grocery needs. The Cruise ship dock where most of the adventures to take is walking distance as well as the Marina for Vallarta-Adventures (will post about these folks as well) is just a bus ride away if you don't want to pay for a taxi ride over. The downtown strip El Malecon is where we spent most of our days having lunch and dinner either beach side of over looking the beach and too is only a 15min bus ride costing only 6.50 pesos a person. Too much more to mention....

We will be back with our kids and extended family next time to have them enjoy this beautiful resort as we did for our anniversary and first honeymoon after 11 years.

This resort is truly a diamond in the rough and if you are an owner like us or have the opportunity to come through another means, I highly suggest it.

Thank you Vallarta Torre.....hasta la próxima vez

Room Tip: Any think above the 5th floor has fantastic views of the ocean on the main building.
2  Thank Jason A
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I wasn't going to do a review of Vallarta Torre, as it is a private timeshare, but after reading some of the negative comments, I just had to chime in. We have been coming to VT since 1996, and I was 31 at the time (age included for perspective)First off, I will concede that the furniture in the rooms is really not that comfortable for long periods of time. It's your typical Mexican decor that looks better than it functions. The beds were once hard as rocks, but have been replaced and frankly are now very comfortable. The beach furniture could be updated, but there is nothing wrong with the pool loungers. VT is closer to the airport than downtown, if you are expecting to walk out your door and have the city at your feet, you picked the wrong place (btw: you do NOT hear the airport, it isn't that close). It should be noted that almost every resort in PV requires a taxi or bus ride to get to zona romantica. Taking a bus to downtown is a part of the fun of PVRVT rooms and items supplied in the rooms are no different than any other VI resort. You don't get little shampoo bottles and an array of cleaners for the counter tops. You get dish soap, and hand soap. This is not unique to VT. If you don't like that, I suggest you avoid VI completely. The average age will vary from week to week, and month to month. There are a lot of snowbirds that come down in Feb, but May is mixed with plenty of younger folks. That said, VT is NOT a party destination. If you are looking for an all night party, there are dozens of better options. Every room is the same (except between one bed, two bed, etc). I seriously doubt staff give the bad rooms to transfers from other timeshares, they are all the same. If the a/c is broken in one room, that is just an unlucky incident. I see staff fixing things regularly. Staff is very friendly and they bend over backwards to satisfy each guest. They do not give special treatment to other Mexicans, that is just ridiculous. VI does not have control over the walking beach vendors, and they are far less pushy than what you will experience in downtown. There is a steady stream of them, but that is one of the things you just have to accept about being on the beach in PV.

The food at the restaurant is very good and never disappoints. The menu is not extensive and your meals might get a bit repetitive if you intend to eat there for your entire two week stay.

I've never heard staff warn guests about being out after dark. I've also never end worried about it. Just this visit, we walked along the boardwalk from La Palapa all the way into the main part of downtown and never felt uncomfortable. I'm sure it isn't wise to venture off the beaten path, but no more so than just about any big city in the states.

This is Mexico, and it is "third world" or "developing", so there is a level of poverty that is "normal". You might be able to hide from that fact by going to Cancun and never leaving the resort, but not if you are going to go out and experience the country. I've been enough places in Mexico to know PV isn't any different than anywhere else.... But it might just be a bit safer than some others.

I've been coming to PV since 1986 and I've never seen brown ocean water. Right at the shore, the little waves churn up the sand, which does cause it to have a brownish tint. But, this is only at the first four feet right at the sand, and it is clearly just the sand.
We have had extra days where we needed to stay at other resorts, and have seen the insides of some other resorts. While they might be a little newer, I wouldn't say they are any nicer. I could describe the rooms as smaller in some cases.

I think there are some people that will simply find fault with anything. But, I will agree that if you are expecting some swanky resort with all the super modern amenities, and a sterile atmosphere, you will probably not enjoy yourself here, or in many other PV resorts.

11  Thank Brad W
Reviewed 23 April 2013

My husband and I have traveled to Vallarte Torre so many times. We have shared it with our children, with our best friends, and I also organized a fun extended weekend with my girlfriends for a 40th B'Day. I just happened to check some of the reviews this evening as we are in the planning stage of another trip there. I had to really laugh at the "minotaur 98126" review that suggested it might be more appropriate for the geriatric crowd and maybe some medical support might be needed! My son (who loves the downtown Chicago, IL life) has "borrowed" our points a couple of times and either brought his friends or his fiance, and he is in his late 20's. NO, it is not 5 star by any means, but is as quaint and relaxing as you could possibly imagine. If you want relaxing Mexico vs. some resort that could be on any beach, Vallarta Torre is all of that.

Julie

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank jb&jbtravel
JABoughton, Director Inventory Management at Vallarta Torre, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2013

Thank you for the wonderful review and telling your friends and family about us! We hope to see you back at Vallarta Torre soon.

Reviewed 19 March 2013

This was the third time my husband and I have visited VT in the last 4 years. If it were up to me, we'd come here every year for the rest of our days. In a built-up, high-rise, slick and fancy area of Vallarta, I find VT so refreshing and true to the Mexican way of life. I love staying here because you get all the amenities you could possibly need, but the resort maintains its local flavor--you feel like you're in Mexico, not at an "this could be just about anywhere" type of hotel. Our stay was flawless, as pure relaxation resulted. The staff is top notch and the resort has been maintained incredibly well over the years. You can tell everyone works takes such pride in making sure you are having a good time. Customer service and efficiency is what they're all about.

We were fortunate enough to stay in an oceanfront two bedroom condo and if you're able to book one of those room types (only two of the kind are available), do not hesitate. The beach is literally RIGHT outside of your window and you wake and fall asleep to the sound of the ocean every day. The room is enormous and can accommodate six people comfortably. A large open kitchen with plenty of cookware, dish ware, appliances etc. so you're able to cook in if you choose. By the way, there is a huge grocery store right across the street which is open 24 hours as well--a huge plus. We also had wrap around balcony that allowed us even more time to enjoy the ocean view and overlook the resort at the same time. A huge living room complete with a great sound/entertainment system. I could go on and on and on, but I think you get the idea! We have also stayed in the rooms in the other building (which are great as well), but the oceanfront rooms are definitely a special treat worth indulging in if you're able to secure one!

We only left the resort on two occasions as we enjoyed being on the property so much. Lots of activities of which to be a part, great food at the restaurant (we highly recommend the Mexican Fiesta they have every Wednesday night), and happy hour (two for one drinks) every day from 5-7pm. Bingo, water aerobics, shuffleboard, water volleyball are a few other activities offered as well.

While the beach is nice to try, we found it slightly annoying due to the incessant beach vendors who had a hard time accepting "no gracias" as a final answer. They are supposed to stay behind a rope but I rarely saw that happen and unfortunately security didn't seem to enforce the rules either. As such, the pool was a great place to relax and get some sun.

Everything about this resort is charming and subdued, so if you're looking for a party atmosphere with a scene, you're not going to find it here. For the most part, the clientele is either older couples and/or families, so I wouldn't recommend it if you're single or on the younger side (unless you're just looking for a completely laid back/quiet vacation). For us, it gave us exactly what we craved: relaxation, good food, friendly staff, comfortable accommodations and great amenities/convenience. While it was nearly perfect, our only minor suggestion is more consistency of friendliness at the front desk. For the most part they were fantastic, but there were just a couple of occasions where we found them to be a tad dismissive. Normally we wouldn't even bring that up, but because the staff is almost always overly accommodating and sweet, it sticks out like a sore thumb when they are not AS friendly.

We hope you enjoy your stay at VT as much as we did. Mexico is a phenomenal place and this resort is a perfect representation of its perspective and culture.

Room Tip: In the main building, floor 3 or higher is best. Oceanfront 2br, 2 bath if you can get it. Penhous...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple