“Cant wait to go back for my honeymoon!!”
Review of Vallarta Torre

Vallarta Torre
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I cannot express to anyone how amazing this place is...I have never been somewhere that truly made me feel like family! The location was amazing, food was amazing, and I could not have imagined my stay going any better. They have different activities that you can sign up for there, such as bingo, salsa dancing, and water activities. It is a MUST to get the fresh squeezed orange juice in the morning, it is unlike anything else I have ever tasted and I cant wait to have it again! You will know what I am talking about when you try it ;) My hubby and I are going back for Christmas this year, and we can't wait!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Jordyn Y

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Our family just spent a wonderful 2 weeks at the Vallarta Torre and have nothing but great things to say about our stay here. The hotel is small and "homey" which is what best suits our family. The hotel, restaurant and security staff are first class. The hotel opens up onto the beach, where there are vendors to cater to your every need. Whether you are looking for a mango snack, cigar, tour, rug or shell necklace it can be purchased from the comfort of your beach chair! I cannot say enough about one particular vendor-Morgan Tours. The proprietor Captain Morgan, is a trustworthy and honest guy who literally gave my husband the shirt off his back. Ask him to pull up a beach chair and share his knoledge of Mexican history; his passion on the subject is riveting. He is the best guy to book your tours with. I have to say that the Torre and it's people helped to make this the best family vacation ever!

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank kkbyram
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We just got back from this outstanding property. Everyone there was so welcoming and helpful. Across the street is a store for all your needs. It is a little hard to find things there because of being in Spanish. Restaurant was outstanding did not have to go anywhere else. Use Abraham for all your tour needs, he is the best. Bar, pool area great.

Room Tip: When coming out of airport, don't stop and talk to the timeshare people hounding you.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Steven G
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

A friend told me about this place.
I wasn't sure if I wanted to stay at a time share. I am use too all inclusive hotels, which require no thinking. My friend got me the penthouse suite.Penthouse suite you can't say no. Got there and this place was fantastic! Only two problems we didn't have air con for two days, and the swimming pool was being repaired. We got use the pool next door so it wasn't bad. Otherwise this place Rocks!
Close to downtown and the airport.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Yourpatron
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I was quite nervous about staying at Vallarta Torre as I had many 4-5 Star All Inclusive style choices, but chose Vallarta Torre as I am a points holder with Vacation International and this was to be a quick last minute trip to PVR with my 13 year old son.
Wow, all uncertainties were immediately erased the minute we entered the premises. We were greeted personally, genuinely and warmly by each and every staff member that we happened upon. Each declaring "Welcome Home". And welcome home could not have described it better. Every single interaction we had in those 4 short days was equally hospitable, the staff were available to our every need. Not a single problem to mention.
One of my biggest concerns that I had prior to the trip was that my 13 year old son would get bored, the hotel would not be new enough for him, there wouldn't be any activities, not enough things to do. How wrong I was...My son loved Vallarta Torre as much as I, he too taken in by the warm welcomes and everybody seemed to take an equal interest in him.
And not to say that there were not shortcomings in the fit and finish of the hotel, and this has already been documented in previous reviews. This definitely is a Mexican style hotel, and that is the charm.
The rooms were fairly large and clean, the furnishings typically mexican. The beds large and comfortable, the views very nice. The pool was warm, the beach was good, access to downtown is $5-6 in a cab.
We ate in the hotel restaurant, twice for breakfast and twice for dinner. Each time the service was great, the food was fresh, and the value was excellent.
I can't say much else other that I will definitely go back and stay at Vallarta Torre again.
Other plugs include DiDi's restaurant in downtown Vallarta - amazing service and good food. Also the good folks at Vallarta Adventures. We did the day trip to Las Caletas and it was worth every penny....scuba diving, paddle boarding, dive snorkling (kind of a James Bond thing) amongst many other fun activities.

Room Tip: The 4 bedroom Penthouse Suites are amazing!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Emilybug
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Although the the property was excellent in every regard, the management neglected to notify me in advance that they would be remodeling the entire pool area during my stay. So while I was very impressed with the staff and the property, I was very disappointed to learn that one of the main features of the property was going to be out of commission during the length of my stay. In addition, the was the associated noise of jack hammers and other construction tools that impacted the overall experience.

On the plus side, the staff could not have been more helpful. I arranged three activities through the tour desk and in all cases the experiences were as advertised. A negative is that while sitting on the beach, which is quite beautiful and scenic, roaming peddlers want to sell something to you about every two to three minutes.

I will consider staying at this property again, but will confirm that all of the facilities are in working order before booking.

Room Tip: The views are terrific above the second floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Michael K
Reviewed 29 August 2013

This is not a five star resort with gourmet food and excessive amenities, but it is HOME for two weeks! From your first welcome as you step into the courtyard and your last view of the fountain on your way to the airport, you will not be disappointed by the attentive staff at Vallarta Torre! The hotel is clean, the staff is friendly, and the beach is wonderful.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family