“Great vacation and timeshare resort”
Review of Vallarta Torre

and 1 more site!
Vallarta Torre
Arizona
“Great vacation and timeshare resort”
Reviewed 1 November 2010

Our friends that have been owners since 1979 invited us to join them for 2 weeks, but could only stay for 7. The staff was very friendly, offering us bottles of ice cold beer upon arrival. Salvador, the bell boy, has been at this resort for over 25+ years and is very accommodating. Our two bedroom with full kitchen was located on the first floor. Since there were six of us, my wife and I slept on the Murphy bed in the living room, which was better than sleeping on a pull out sofa bed.
The rooms were very clean with lots of towels. We had to get up early to save our spots by the pool. There was water volleyball twice a day, bingo, water aerobics, cooking classes, bar-tending classes and pottery painting. Happy hour was from 5-7 every day just listen for the bell to ring.
We meet some other regulars from Alaska, Washington, Oregon, California and Arizona. One of the couples from Alaska had gone fishing and caught sailfish which the Captain of their boat came to the resort and cooked the fish for use. He had made the fish kebob style with onion, bell pepper, jalapeño pepper and mushroom. The fish was so good that it seemed like we were eating steak.
The location of the resort from downtown was a bit far. Cab ride to down was 50-60 pesos, which wasn't that bad. My wife and I took the ride to the Hard Rock Cafe and had dinner at Andale's which my wife loved.
One advantage of this resort, the supermarket, Soriana's, was a short distance from the hotel and there is a short cut through a tiny alley for pedestrians only; also, down the street across from the supermarket, a wonderful restaurant called "La Terraza de la Abuela" which has this superb dish "Chilpolte Enchilada".
Going to this resort at this time of the year was special thrill, releasing baby sea turtles back into the ocean. We had missed one because we went into town. We also watched a sea turtle lay her eggs on the beach at 3:30 AM. This is one trip we will always remember.
The people working there are all wonderful especially the activities director, front desk and bar.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
6 Thank Kimo17051

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 6 October 2010

What a wonderful property! My husband and I are owners of Vacation International and decided to visit Puerta Vallarta since we have never been on the Pacific side of Mexico. We usually stay at much larger properties and thought it would be nice to try a smaller venue. What a pleasant surprise! When you arrive at the hotel you are greeted by Salvadore with a "Welcome Home" and two cold Cervezas. The front desk is not like your usual lobby. It consists of one desk and a podium, and I must say it was one of the quickest checkin's I've ever had. What a relief after your flight.

We had the opportunity to look at the 2 bedroom units (there are only two ocean front) and they are literally on the beach. The website does not do them justice. The two bedroom ocean fronts not only include two bedrooms but they are actual suites. They have their own big bathrooms with showers. Down the hall it opens up into a very large dining room, kitchen, and living quarters. You have sliding glass doors that open up to the fresh ocean air where you can hear the waves crashing in. The lower level you can walk right onto the beach, the upper level you get a large wrap around balcony porch. The penthouse units (there are 2) are amazing and great for a large group of people. I was actually more impressed with the 2 bedroom ocean front units. Then there is the one bedroom in which we stayed and this is a good sized condo. All units are wonderful and roomy. The beds are a little on the harder side and the couch was a bit hard as well but we didn't mind. We stayed on the 5th floor on the west side of the South end in room #501 which was an end unit. I suggest to stay on this side of the hotel as the East side has a night club close by that plays music to the wee hours in the A.M. The restaurant is good. We ate their every morning for breakfast, some occasional lunches, and some dinners as well. Town is a hop skip and jump away. I suggest taking a taxi (60 pesos) each direction ($10.00 U.S roundtrip) that includes a nice tip for the driver. Try the La Destileria restaurant which sits above the main strip and you get the most amazing views, sunset, and of course the food is excellent.

At the hotel they do not allow vendors on the property but at the hotel there is a lady and her mama that have a table of their makings. I believe they are related to someone at the hotel. They do not bother you, they are very quiet and humble. They make beautiful blankets by hand and it takes 5-7 days to finish one. We did not barter with them as they are not like the usual vendors. We gave them what they wanted. We bought several items from them (all of good quality). Right out on the beach you will find several vendors that we bartered with and got some nice things too. While you are on the beach rent a Sea Doo $90 U.S for an hour. It is definitely worth it. They tell you not to go far (they want to keep you in sight) but my husband told the lady that he is not a young kid and he is not going to be reckless and that he indeed was going to take it along side the town.She agreed and we did just that three times during our trip.

The staff makes Vallarta Torres such a pleasant hotel. I wish that I could include all their names as they were all wonderful people. But I will name a few that stick in my mind. Salvadore, he will welcome you and make sure that your luggage is safe and brought to your room, and he is always there to say hello everyday . Eduardo, is the front desk manager and will take care of all your needs. Willy and Angel, work in the restaurant and are such kind men. And of course Pepe, the activities coordinator always friendly and full of life. And I cannot forget "Felino the Un Gato", the master. He is always there to greet you in the courtyard as he sleeps under the table and the wagon!

The property is always maintained, the rooms spotless, the grounds impeccable. When you sit on you balcony in the A.M. you will see them at work to make sure it looks just perfect for all the guests. We loved it so much that my husband and I already booked another trip next year and this time we are bringing my mom and dad.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
11 Thank Krista39
Santa Cruz, CA
Reviewed 28 August 2010

My husband and I have stayed at Vallarta Torre three times (2004, 2005 and 2008) and we are going back this October (2010). We love the staff, the ocean breezes, the proximity to the ocean, the sea turtles, the sunsets...very romantic place! The rooms are very comfortable, although the padding on the furniture is a little hard. We enjoy taking the city bus downtown, have favorite restaurants, and try new excursions each trip. I wouldn't recommend the restaurant at Vallarta Torre but the margaritas are great! Love the service on the beach! We hit the Soriano market right after arriving and stock up on breakfast and lunch goodies, buy some tequila for our own margaritas and have great breakfasts on the balcony overlooking the ocean. The music at the neighboring all-inclusive resort is a bit loud but after a while it wasn't as noticeable to us. All in all, this is just about my favorite vacation spot!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Morningsatthebeach
Austin,Texas
Reviewed 2 July 2010

We spent a week at this resort with nine family members. We had two- two bedroom condos. Both had great views of the oceans as well as of the grounds. The hospitality was wonderful ,but my favorite was all the Mexican charm used in building and decorating this vacation get away. You felt like you were in Mexico and not in some ultra modern highrise in the US. When I visit another country I enjoy the decorations and culture of that country. It is exactly what I would expect colonial Puerto Vallarta to be like.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank mruiz45
Camano Island
Reviewed 31 May 2010

Our 20 person team always stays here t much an important part of us and we love them dearly. Roy Lesher, Camano Island, Washington

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank RoyLesher
New York
Reviewed 7 March 2010

My fiance and I opted to take a little trip in celebration of our engagement and we couldn't have asked for a nicer resort for our getaway. Although it is a bit smaller than some of the other hotels around it, perhaps that's precisely what makes it so lovely. Charming is the best possible way to describe Vallarta Torre, as it almost has the feeling of a sweet boutique hotel you only find out about from your friends. We were fortunate enough to stay in a newly renovated beach front, 2 bedroom, 2 1/2 bathroom condo that had everything you could want and then some. So much space we didn't quite know what to do with ourselves! From past experience, though, I do know the regular rooms are quite spacious as well. We were so comfortable and happy the entire stay--what's not to love when you fall asleep listening to the waves crashing right outside of your window?

Most impressive of all, though, was the service. The staff is just incredibly efficient and eager to please. We ate the majority of our meals at the resort, and although the menu is pretty basic, it's good and relatively inexpensive. Oh, and then there's the Happy Hour drink specials every day from 5-7. 2 for 1's will get you in trouble, if you're not careful. While we're on that subject, I highly recommend the mojitos made from freshly squeezed limes. Delicious. You can eat and drink in the Palapa bar, the El Jardin restaurant, or have your food/drinks delivered to you on the beach, pool or even in your room! The resort also has a little spa that offers massages, manicures/pedicures, facials and wraps. We got a couples massage which was great and I got a reflexology treatment which was insanely relaxing.

The resort is located in a prime spot: there's a massive grocery store nearby, and a bus to take you downtown for sightseeing (what an experience that is). We'd also recommend Vallarta Adventures for all your excursion needs--it's a great company that really makes sure your memories of Mexico are perfect. We went sunset sailing, swimming with the dolphins and on the Rhythms of the Night tour and they were all truly fantastic. Rhythms of the Night is surely one I'll never forget, as it was one of the most romantic tours we've ever taken.

So, if you want an adorable little hotel with all the things you could possibly need, located right on the beach, with great service and comfortable living space, then Vallarta Torre is the place for you. We plan to go back, time and time again, because I think it's impossible to beat the experience we had. What a sweet, quaint and enjoyable little hotel indeed! Salud!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
6 Thank jpug2002
Florida
Reviewed 4 January 2010

My husband and I own a timeshare in Maui and decided to trade for somewhere new to go and picked Puerto Vallarta and Vallarta Torre as our home for a week. We also brought along my best friend and her boyfriend.

We arrived on Christmas Day, 2009 with no hassle from the airport "timeshare" people because i knew what to expect. The timeshare had set up complimentary shuttle service and told us exactly how to walk through the "sharktank" and find a little holding our name. Basically it was a prepaid taxi. Perfect....

Arrived at Vallarta Torre and the first thing you notice is that it says "Welcome Home" in Spanish on the entrance way and everyone saying it. It was a nice Welcome. The first person we met was Salvador and man does he work his butt off, as does the rest of the staff. He unloaded our luggage, walked to the front desk, which was litterally a desk and saw our name on the Welcome board. Salvador brought us out 2 cold cervezas and we checked in with no problem leaving word that our friends would be arriving in about 2 hours and we would be at the pool bar.

Walked into the room #206 and we were throughly surprised. The place was very nice. I was questioning the decor and all from prior reviews. It was very nice. It was a bit musty smelling, but not a problem as i brought an air freshener and put it out immediately. We were only on the second floor...was hoping for a higher one, but we could still see the ocean, just not the pool. We were actually directly facing the ocean and yes, you could hear it plain and clear with the door open. The bedroom was nicely decorated with plenty of closet space. The living room was nice with a couch and a murphy bed. The kitchen was big with all the supplies. The patio was plenty big for 2 people sitting or 4 people standing.

The resort grounds were fantastic. As others have said, they wash down the sidewalks every morning, whether they needed it or not. The pool was very nice...looked like it had been done recently, but may not have. No swim up bar, but a bar that was conveniently located overlooking the pool. The gate for the beach opened at 7am and closed at 10pm for security purposes--which didn't bother us one bit. There is also security at the front gate 24 hours everyday and that gate locks at 10pm i believe and you need your room key to get in after hours. Again, nice for security i thought! The pool bar was great and we visited it often. Buckets of beer for 10 pesos and you get 6 beers which was nice, because here at home we only get 5 beers. Jose was great. The bar food was good...ate lots of guac and salsa and chips and they start making fresh popcorn around 4pm. I think we were there pretty much everynight for happy hour which was 2 for 1 from 5-7pm. Nice touch.

There was a resaturant on property called Jardin del Sol i think and we ate there a few times. Once for dinner on Saturday night which happened to be all you can eat ribs and the food was just ok. But we were so tired from all day zipling, that it worked for us. We also ate our Complimentary Welcome Breakfast mid week and ordered breakfast there the morning or our last day. Breakfast omelettes were good. No complaints.

The resort had lots of activities all week. We all did Bingo at the pool bar one day at 4pm and we had fun. There was an activities stand for painting ceramics by the pool which we really didn't consider until the next to last day and we wish we would have found earlier. I painted a picture frame for myself for 150 pesos and figured it would be cool because i was going to buy one anyway. Well, little did i know that it would look amazing when it was done. They actually keep the painted object overnight, touch it up, fire it in a kiln and bring it back the next day. At first we thought it was more geared to kids, but i would have done it everyday if i had time.

The resort had a welcome party on Monday night offering chips and salsa, margaritas and beer. All Complimentary which was nice. They also did a raffle and gave away nice prizes. We actually won 20% off the pirate ship, which we traded with someone else with kids and we took a free finger painting (which is a great souveneir).

The beach was nice. Plenty big for the amount of people at the resort. My friends walked down it a couple times and didn't enjoy the sand very much....but that isn't something anyone can control. Lots of palapas and plenty of table service for drinks.

We were there for New Year's Eve and they put on a huge party. We decided not to eat there (although it sounded like a great deal--$42 USD for a buffet and all you can drink all night long). We ate out one last night and then returned and headed down to the beach before midnight for all the fireworks. Everyone seemed to be having a blast, everyone dancing to the live music and looked like many bottles of empty wine everywhere.

The service was fantastic. Everyone is so friendly. Really the only people that don't speak much english are the security people at the front gate. Otherwise, if you don't speak English, you will be just fine. The front desk was helpful with directions, restaurant selections and making change for larger pesos. the front gate security and bellhops were great getting us taxis. The payment for taxis was very easy since it is all done by zones.

Overall, i would definintely come back to this place and recommend it to everyone. From the moment we got there to the moment we left, we were very happy with the resort...there were a few negatives (harder than i like bed, air conditioning wasn't great-but open the front door and sliding door for cross ventilation and it was fine, towels were an issue and they didn't want to give us clean ones-although they did once). But these were nothing that would turn us away. The location was great--directly bhind Soriano's and a walkway convenient to the grocery store and the bus stop. I read reviews about the place next door being noisy, but i wouldn't say it was a problem. They were having fun. It was loud til about 10pm, then quiet...it is an all-inclusive BTW...we didn't know that and enjoyed a few drinks there by mistake.

If you are planning a trip to Vallarta Torre, you will not be disappointed. I promise! I was a little sceptical before going, but can't say enough good about it! Enjoy your vacation and don't sweat the small stuff!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple