“Almost beachfront and CHEAP”
Review of Hotel Posada Lily

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Hotel Posada Lily
Ranked #29 of 73 Puerto Vallarta B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Only 1/2 block to Playa Los Muertos, yet one of the most reasonably priced in the area. Small, but very comfortable and clean. Not many rooms, but the 2nd floor corner room is really nice…great mattress and bed linens which is rare in Mexico. Best bang for the buck near the beach, especially if traveling solo or as a couple. Can be a tad noisy because it sits on the corner of Olas Altas, close to Andale, which is quite noisy late at night, but it's THE bar for gringos on the south side, which is another plus for Lily. Just walk up the steps and you'll see the office/closet LOL). Enjoy, I sure have on multiple trips. They are often booked solid, don't think they take online reservations.

TOW

Room Tip: Ask to see what's available, they are quite accommodating
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank zou2you

Reviewed 16 April 2013

I really liked this place. The location is amazing, right in the middle of the Romantic Zone, 1/2 block from the beach, right by all the beach restaurants where you can watch the sunset every single night. I ambled in a 3 block radius to Langostinos, Cuatas y Cuetes, Andales, and Pakos Takos? The rooms are very large and bright (a little too bright at night with the street lights and thin curtains -- bring sometime to hang over them? Room 6 was cute. But it was too bright at night so I moved to an "inside room" which had an airshaft as the only window. Very dark and a little creepy at first but I felt safe and it was quiet cool inside my little cave. What I really love is that you ask for a room and they say OK and put your name on a piece of paper which they stick ontop of the key. That's your reservation. You pay in cash. No credit cards, no deposits. Just like the old times.

Room Tip: If you don't mind the light the balcony rooms have great little views and are roomy. I believe...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank RaquelSanJose
Reviewed 6 March 2013

This 'hotelito' is right in the center of old town Vallarta, a few steps away from the beach, and withing walking distance of everything. Great location and good value.
You can go to the beach, get a room with or without balcony, walk the malecon downtown or just stay in old town. Family run. Definitely will stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank anitaInJocotepec
Reviewed 1 March 2013

I mean, really. You're literally steps from the beach, on Badillo, a few blocks walking from the bus stops on Insurgentes, and just down the block from Joe Jack's Fish Shack and Las Ollas.
Location is prime.
Staff - depends. When I checked in, super friendly and helpful guy. When I left - a few grunts, and I was the only one being polite (saying "gracias.") So mixed on that.

Great value. 400 pesos, for what it is. Only two drawbacks I experienced:
-Room I was in was super dark, window facing an airshaft. So dark I partied and slept until afternoon sometimes b/c I thought it was still early it was so dark.

-The MASSIVE cockroach that crawled up a wall at 4 in the morning. Couldn't even scrape the splatter off the wall after, it was so huge. Guess I hit it pretty hard. I suppose it's to be expected in tropical places, but I hadn't seen any before. Left a day or so after that.

Still, all in all, 4 stars.. no one's perfect, and this is a great value (was down the street, checked at some mega-hotel: 1000 pesos.)

Room Tip: Try to get one with some light...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank prospects_12
Reviewed 14 January 2013

The people were very nice here. The room was as we expected, nice and clean, fabulous location. We had 2 beds - one "Mexican" style (hard) and the other was very comfortable! So we just slept in the softer one. We were very happy and enjoyed our stay. The cafe below was convenient, and the location is basically right in the centre of everything you want: good restaurants, bank, bars, beach, and buses, without the noise and hassle of the larger hotels around. The only thing was that it cost us $70 a night which we felt was a little 'high' for what is was, as other places that had pools, bars, restaurants, etc, were about the same price.
We would stay again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LolaRamona
Reviewed 31 October 2012

I have stayed here a few times and as much as I look at other available options I feel a need to return. It's nothing fancy or shiny, but it's clean, in a great location, and nice people.

You won't find booking online, have to call but it's totally worth the effort.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Shannon S
Reviewed 26 August 2012

This is one of my favorite hotels in Mexico. It's clean, whitewashed, with a balcony and cute color painting. It's cheap and right off the beach and comfortable. Nothing fancy. No great service. Just a clean, close spot to the beach and with a great coffee shop across the street. If you want to experience real Mexico, stay here. The location is great, in old town.

Room Tip: You can ask to see the rooms. Some are a little loud...it's Mexcio!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple