“Heaven on Earth! Incredible value.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Casa de los Arcos

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Casa de los Arcos
Redmond, Washington, United States
“Heaven on Earth! Incredible value.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

It’s hard to put into words how relaxing, beautiful, and hospitable this place really is.
We stayed in the Casa Palapa, boasting of colorful Mexican accents, jungle-style thatched roofing, and an open-air kitchen/dining area. My husband and I spent hours on our private terrace, watching the sunset, reading books, and taking naps in the warm Puerto Vallarta breeze. The serenity of this place really draws you in.

Even the pool feels like your own private sanctuary, and after a walk into town (about 10 minutes to the romantic zone/old town/beach), you’ll be looking forward to refreshing dip.

All of that would be enough in its own, but Susan, the owner, goes above and beyond, making sure you’re taken care of in every aspect. She’ll personally drive you to the supermarket and help you navigate the aisles so you get exactly what you need. Heck, she’ll even invite you up to her casa for homemade margaritas and drop you off at the airport when it’s time to go.

One of the nights Susan arranged a personal cook for us. Highly recommend! The views are so breathtaking that there's really no reason to leave and go to a restaurant. We had enough leftovers for 2 lunches. I would recommend doing this a couple times during your stay (very reasonably priced).

I could go on and on about this place, but it’s really just something you have to experience for yourself. It's perfect for honeymooners, (babymooners- that was us), or you could rent out the whole place for a group. We're already dreaming of when we can come back!

Room Tip: We loved the Casa Palapa. Great views, beautiful setup. Very spacious for 2 people!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Winchester, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

The Casita is so beautiful, the views spectacular; and it is full of all the comforts of home. Susan and David made me feel like family. After a very long flight, it was so nice to have someone waiting for me at the airport; and on my first night to have dinner cooked right there in the suite. The friendly staff took great care of my needs and I was treated like a VIP. Relaxing in the pool and gazing in the garden were extra special additions to my days and nights there. I found myself enjoying my time in my Casita just as much as my time adventuring around the city and beaches.

Susan and David gave great recommendations for delicious places to eat and extraordinary places to visit. They ensured that I had all the ingredients for my perfect vacation. I absolutely want to return to Casa de los Arcos soon. Truly, an escape to paradise!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

Just finished an amazing visit with David and Susan for about 12 days!!!!!!!!!
I feel like I have A HOME AWAY FROM HOME now for the rest of my life. Not only
are the views spectacular, but the hospitality is everything you could ever wish for
and hope for when you travel. Susan has given 120% to make the stay: relaxing,
special, dreamy and a great mind-n-body experience.
The Palapa is stunning with its panoramic view of the bay, the furnshings are warm,
the art is so unique n so well done, you feel like you are in a first class resort without
the stuffiness or sterility.
Everyone goes out of their way to make your stay fantastic, and peaceful.
I would recommend a stay there to anybody who enjoys the best life has to offer- you will not be disappointed.
I only wsh I could give more stars to this review. It is heavenly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: The Palapa will take your breath away- even if you are a seasoned traveler. It is unbelievably invi...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

I share the same sentiment as someone else that commented on this hotel. I hesitate in giving it such a good comment because then it will always be booked--and lower my chances of staying there again! Haha. This hotel MADE our trip to Puerto Vallarta. There is so much to do around the city and the area, but we kept finding ourselves back in the hotel room, enjoying the view, cooking dinner etc. I had a hard time justifying LEAVING the hotel to go to go and do anything because the hotel was so wonderful.

We have stayed all over the world and the view from our room was the best view we have ever had at any resort. We are particular about what we eat, and the market down the street had the freshest, most delicious fruits and vegetables. We almost never ate out because of this, and I LOVED cooking in the kitchen. It was fully stocked with all the equipment you could need, and the stove was gas--soooo much better to cook with. Quite sad to come home to my electric stove. :(

As for Susan and David, they are wonderful, interesting, people. They made it such a pleasure to stay at their hotel. Our flight was a few hours late so Susan insisted on going to to market for me so that I would have some food when we arrived. David has a fantastic hobby which takes them all over Central and South America, make sure to speak with him about this.

The beach is just a short walk down the hill. You can hang out on the lounges that a restaurant provides and just buy some soda or something. They even have "No, Gracias" signs in case you don't want to be approached by jewelry vendors etc. If you don't like walking up hill, you can easily catch a taxi and it will drive you to the top for just a few dollars.

We hiked to Los Animas, hands down the most beautiful beach I have ever seen. The water was clear and warm, it was deserted and the sand was tiny little pebbles. Absolutely amazing.

This won't apply to most readers, but I will let you know just because if one of you benefits it will be worth it. Buy the generic Retin-A. I bought tubes of Retin-A (I use it for wrinkle prevention) and what I pay $200 for in the US I paid about $7 for (buy the generic, I have tried it for the last week and it is as good as the real thing).

We cannot wait to get back to Puerto Vallarta. Beautiful city and beach when we can pull ourselves away from the beautiful, romantic, Casa de los Arcos!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Castle Rock
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

I stayed here July 20-27th-Susan and David were so sweet and nice-very helpful staff as well-I got upgraded to what I called the Presidential Suite! It was over the top and more than I need for my stay-formal dining room and living room, 3 additional seating areas and a fountain! The A/c in the bedroom was needed because it was hot for a Colorado boy!
Room was very clean and VIEWS VIEWS VIEWS for days! Cab fare is less than $5 to get anywhere and the owners animals being around made it feel like home!
Pool was heaven on hot days! I Would highly recommend-

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Timothy L
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

I just spent a few perfect days at Casa de los Arcos and am already trying to figure out when I can go back. My stay was so relaxing and magical. Susan and David are the most wonderful hosts. Before I arrived Susan coordinated a taxi from the airport for me, an in-house massage and a fridge stocked with cerveza. It was so nice to arrive without any stress and be taken care of. They even welcomed me with a margarita and some killer guacamole. The views from my terrace were breathtaking and it was a 10 minute walk to Old Town or 15 minute walk to Zona Romantica and the beach. This is a very special place. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank greenhootenanny
Litchfield, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

My late spouse and I visited Casa de los Arcos for a week in Feb. 2007, and based on what was the best vacation we had in our 22 years together, we were planning to return there every February. Indeed, we booked a week in Feb. 2008 as soon as we returned home to CT. Susan and David, the owners, were simply incredible hosts. From arranging a taxi to pick us up at the airport to Susan driving us back to the airport when we departed, the entire week was like visiting with old and dear friends. My spouse (partner at the time and later spouse in CT) was very ill at the time. Susan did everything possible to make our stay as my late spouse said, "The best vacation we ever had." She even arranged for a car and driver to take us down the coast to sightsee at a very reasonable cost, stopping at a Tequila factory and having lunch at one of the most romantic and best restaurants I've ever experienced. We stayed in the beautiful la Casita apartment, which is located at the very top of this delightful off-the-beaten track location. The views of Banderas Bay and the town of Puerto Vallarta are simply breath taking. You cannot do better than stay at this incredible lodging. Truly, you'll come away wanting to return again and again, which is what I hope to do soon, but unfortunately this time alone.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple