“Beautiful experience!”
Review of Casa de los Arcos

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Casa de los Arcos
Reviewed 6 January 2014

My family and I were able to book our Christmas here. The whole place was breathtaking! Beautiful views, sunlight, and good energy. Susan and David are the most welcoming people. It rained one day and she kindly lent us her umbrellas. They are so warm and easy to talk to. I highly recommend booking your stay here. You have your own beautifully curated space to think, read and relax. I slept well ;) Super close to downtown and beach. You have the option to have a personal cook which we did for one night and her chiles rellenos were amazing! We slept with the windows open (no mosquitos). So easy to have a taxi pick you up. Thank you Susan and David for making our family trip so memorable x

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Anna B

Reviewed 2 January 2014

We recently returned from 12 marvelous days in Puerto Vallarta. What a great time to travel to Mexico, just ahead of the holiday rush and the snowy Canadian winters that we love. From start to finish, it was a wonderful mix of new cultural experiences, new tastes, breathtaking scenery, gloriously abundant flora + fauna, and tons of sun, sand and sweet relaxation! Our hosts, Susan and David, were warm and so very generous, the housekeeping staff, cheerful and accommodating and our holiday 'home' a delightful Mexican 'palace' perched on a hill.

BE SURE TO.....
--walk The Malecon early in the morning before it gets hot. It's not crowded and there's sculptures and swaying palms and the sound of the surf and the cool Pacific breezes and the folks walking their big and little dogs. It is all so very entertaining.
--grab shoreside seats under a thatched tiki umbrella at any one of the local bars near the Pier and enjoy a bucket of beverages and a platter of chips + salsa as the Mexican afternoon sun heats up. Good time to people-watch!
--shop daily for fantastic local fresh fish, colossal shrimp and produce that you can handily prepare in the Casa.
--make your own breakfast sandwiches and flavour the eggs with an awesome Mexican spice called Tajin.
--spend afternoon 'siesta time' enjoying the spa-like ammenities, waterfalls and gardens that are Casa de los Arcos. You'll love the time to unwind and look forward to it everyday.
--consult daily with Susan + David for things to do. They both love all things Mexican and are great promoters of the culture and the history

You are going to love Casa de los Arcos!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 December 2013

We just returned from a week stay at Casa de los Arcos and had a wonderful time. This is the first time we stayed in something other than an "all inclusive" and were very happy we did. We find all inclusive's phoney, boring and restrictive. Staying at Casa de los Arcos we were able to enjoy all what PV and Mexican culture had to offer, especially with the help from our wonderful hosts, Susan and Dave. They gave us awesome ideas of things to do and restaurants to enjoy--Cuale Paradise Restaurant, and the Virgin of Lady Guadalupe festival for example. Susan and Dave invited us up to their casa for snacks and margaritas - delicious. I accidentally forgot my camera in the return cab ride from the Botanical Gardens, and without Susan and Dave's help I would never have gotten my camera back; so thank you again, Susan and Dave, for all your help and kindness. Susan even gave us a ride to the airport when it was time to leave. I would definitely return, and would like to come with our kids next time.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2013

By far the best place I have stayed at in Puerto Vallarta. The whole place is beautiful. We were lucky enough to see three of the villas, and each one was unique and had beautiful views. Susan and David are amazing hosts, and I call them hosts because they made sure every part of our trip was flawless. They invited us into their home for yummy margaritas and we had the most amazing conversations with them. Susan was so nice and offered us all kinds of ideas of things to do. She was even nice enough to help us book a rental car. We took a day trip to San Sebastian, and Susan and David were right it was like going back in time. The drive was amazing, just beautiful and once you get to the town, the cobblestone streets and beautiful buildings. I would recommend heading out there for the day. If you do, there is a little restaurant called Las Cazuelas. They had authentic mexican food. I am hispanic and it was like tasting my mom's cooking.

Felipa and Beto, their friendly staff are amazing! They are the nicest people, happy and just all around great. I have absolutely nothing but GREAT things to say about Casa de Los Arcos! Thank you for making our vacation memorable :)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2013

It’s hard to put into words how relaxing, beautiful, and hospitable this place really is.
We stayed in the Casa Palapa, boasting of colorful Mexican accents, jungle-style thatched roofing, and an open-air kitchen/dining area. My husband and I spent hours on our private terrace, watching the sunset, reading books, and taking naps in the warm Puerto Vallarta breeze. The serenity of this place really draws you in.

Even the pool feels like your own private sanctuary, and after a walk into town (about 10 minutes to the romantic zone/old town/beach), you’ll be looking forward to refreshing dip.

All of that would be enough in its own, but Susan, the owner, goes above and beyond, making sure you’re taken care of in every aspect. She’ll personally drive you to the supermarket and help you navigate the aisles so you get exactly what you need. Heck, she’ll even invite you up to her casa for homemade margaritas and drop you off at the airport when it’s time to go.

One of the nights Susan arranged a personal cook for us. Highly recommend! The views are so breathtaking that there's really no reason to leave and go to a restaurant. We had enough leftovers for 2 lunches. I would recommend doing this a couple times during your stay (very reasonably priced).

I could go on and on about this place, but it’s really just something you have to experience for yourself. It's perfect for honeymooners, (babymooners- that was us), or you could rent out the whole place for a group. We're already dreaming of when we can come back!

Room Tip: We loved the Casa Palapa. Great views, beautiful setup. Very spacious for 2 people!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2013

The Casita is so beautiful, the views spectacular; and it is full of all the comforts of home. Susan and David made me feel like family. After a very long flight, it was so nice to have someone waiting for me at the airport; and on my first night to have dinner cooked right there in the suite. The friendly staff took great care of my needs and I was treated like a VIP. Relaxing in the pool and gazing in the garden were extra special additions to my days and nights there. I found myself enjoying my time in my Casita just as much as my time adventuring around the city and beaches.

Susan and David gave great recommendations for delicious places to eat and extraordinary places to visit. They ensured that I had all the ingredients for my perfect vacation. I absolutely want to return to Casa de los Arcos soon. Truly, an escape to paradise!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Just finished an amazing visit with David and Susan for about 12 days!!!!!!!!!
I feel like I have A HOME AWAY FROM HOME now for the rest of my life. Not only
are the views spectacular, but the hospitality is everything you could ever wish for
and hope for when you travel. Susan has given 120% to make the stay: relaxing,
special, dreamy and a great mind-n-body experience.
The Palapa is stunning with its panoramic view of the bay, the furnshings are warm,
the art is so unique n so well done, you feel like you are in a first class resort without
the stuffiness or sterility.
Everyone goes out of their way to make your stay fantastic, and peaceful.
I would recommend a stay there to anybody who enjoys the best life has to offer- you will not be disappointed.
I only wsh I could give more stars to this review. It is heavenly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: The Palapa will take your breath away- even if you are a seasoned traveler. It is unbelievably invi...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends