“Best view and rest ever”
Review of Casa de los Arcos

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Casa de los Arcos
Reviewed 7 August 2010

I was looking for a complete and absolute relaxing time. I was able to let my body and mind talk about what they wanted to do and staying at this Casa was exactly the perfect space that allow me that. Its absolute perfect view gave me the most wonderful welcome with a marvelous sunset from the very begining to the very end. Each morning and afternoone the house gave me the moment, the space, the ambience, to the internal-external communication I was looking for. Every view inspired me on a wonderful and insightful meditation. After staying at the beach and enjoying the weather, the house receive with a timely shower on the deep-in pool. It was a pleasure everytime. The cook for my self, enjoy my self on his Casa suite is just right on. I can not image what words to use to share with how wonderful was for my spirit and body to have stayed on this Casa, unless true resonates with you. Also, I was not looking this time for exercise, however this Casa locatin also gives everytime a great option for keep movign!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo

Reviewed 8 July 2010

My partner and I recently visited Casa de Los Arcos for six nights. We found both the hillside location and the room to be exactly what we wanted for our first stay in Puerto Vallarta. As well, Susan and David are superb hosts - friendly, easy going and kind people - they arranged for our transportation from the airport on arrival, a wake up call on the morning we left, recommended a local grocery, restaurants and chocolatier and sent us home with David's freshly roasted coffee! For us, being up on the hillside above the Zona Romantica was just right - instead of visiting a local gym, walking down the quiet streets to the village below and back up again gave us all the exercise we needed. Everything was close by and we walked every day exploring the streets, shops, restaurants, and beach. On the one night we wanted a ride back up the hill after dinner, we found the taxi's to be plentiful, clean and friendly. The view from the terrace is special and the constant soft breeze helped keep us comfortable and cool. Our fond memories of our visit will always include the dinner our first night that Susan arranged for us. She recommended a cook that lived nearby and we enjoyed enchiladas, chili rellenos, beans, rice, and flan all prepared for us and served on the terrace. What a beautiful evening! PV is a very romantic place and Casa de Los Arcos does not disappoint. The fantastic reviews that you will read about it are true. We will go back for sure, and definitely recommend that you make a reservation and find out for yourself how relaxing, and beautiful this gem is!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2010

We managed to get a last minute booking here. The accomodations were spactious and very nice. Susan and David are wonderful hosts and very down to earth people. Their little dogs are adorable too.

The house keeping is top caliber. Our kitchen had all the items needed to do what little cooking we chose to do - there are just so many delicious places to eat out! Hot water worked great for having a couple showers back-to-back(not something I really think about, but some people mention lack of hot water at other places). Obviously this isn't an all-inclusive resort, and you won't be surrounded by mobs of other tourists, it is perfect for having your own space and privacy to relax in Mexico. Our sleep was wonderful on the decent beds and quiet Mexican night; just an occational neighborhood cat or dog doing their thing. The wireless internet didn't work in our lower unit, but it did have an ok signal by the pool-side outside our door. The walk down the hill to the the Romantic area of town is about 10 minutes and we felt safe doing so even at night time.

We will be back another time!!

• Stayed: February 2010
Reviewed 23 May 2010

This was my second time at Casa de Los Arcos. It's a beautiful spot, in a lovely authentic residential area nestled in the hillside of Northern. PV with breathtaking views of the Bay of Banderas. The villa itself is gorgeous...plein air patios and rooms, beautifully tiled and decorated apartments, each with its own flavor. The owners are both artists, and it shows- from the original artwork on the walls to the beautiful flowers and plants which greet you when you wake.

Your hosts, Susan and David, are wonderful people, and will respect your privacy completely even as they help you seek out great restaurants, daytrips, galleries, and shopping. It's like having your own personal concierges upstairs.

Casa de Los Arcos is not for you if you are an "all inclusive resort" type traveler. But if you are looking for funky, authentic and warm, give it a try. You'll love it.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank northwoodspoetess
Reviewed 11 May 2010

This was my first trip to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico (PV). My goal was to find a place to stay in Mexico where I could be amongst or close to its native people. In other words, I did not to stay in one of the typical high rise, brand name, hoteIs that are often found in overcrowded/popular tourist destinations. After a bit of research, I found Casa de Los Arcos.
Casa de Los Arcos is located atop a mountain directly above the "Old Town" of PV. It is nestled in the jungle, surrounded by nature, and other beautiful villas. Casa de Los Arcos provides remoteness and seclusion from the hustle and bustle of the city while also providing all the ameneties of a brand name hotel. There is a spectacular view of the Banderas Bay, also known as the "Bay of the Whales". Casa de Los Arcos is clean, safe, spacious, and private. The Owners, David and Susan are extremely warm and remarkable people who I was fortunate enough to get to know on a personal level having spent some "real" quality time with.They took good care of me. Casa de Los Arcos is truly an amazing place to live-a real treat!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 April 2010

My friends and I found Casa de los Arcos through a recommendation of another friend about ten years ago. I've been down about half a dozen times. I've always enjoyed my stay and wouldn't think of staying anywhere else. This year I went down solo for a long weekend and still had a great time. All the units are spacious with great outdoor spaces and the views are great. Susan and David do a great job of maintaining the property. As some of the other reviewers have mentioned, the location is a great combination of being close enough for a walk down to the old section of town and the beaches but far enough away to enjoy the quiet. I always enjoy the hillside breezes after a day at the beach. Susan and David are great hosts and the staff is very friendly.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 March 2010

This lodging comprises four apartments in a villa high on a hillside overlooking PV. We had a two-bedroom unit on one of the lower floors with a huge balcony overlooking the city and the sea. The view was wonderful. Our hosts, Susan and David, could not have been more welcoming. Susan arranged for a taxi to meet us at the airport, and after our arrival at the Villa, took us grocery shopping and for a tour of the town, so we could get our bearings. The other couples staying at the Villa were delightful. We enjoyed talking with them as we sat around the dipping pool (which was great after a warm day of sightseeing). Or if we preferred privacy, we could adjourn to our huge, very private balcony with a palapa covered bar. This was my first time to Mexico, and I had some misgivings about "being safe," based on the bad press that Mexico has received recently. Susan and David's welcoming lodging helped to alleviate all of my concerns. In the end, I felt safer in PV then I would on the streets of my hometown at night. Note that it's a rather steep descent down into town, but it only takes 10 or 15 minutes to walk down. We always got a taxi back up to the villa, which only costs around $4. The highlight of our trip was a whale watching excursion arranged by Susan and David with a local marine biologist. Six of us from the Villa went and had a fantastic day. Thank you Susan and David for a wonderful stay!

Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple