“Pleasantly surprised”

Ranked #121 of 999 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: French, European, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Fort Worth, Texas
“Pleasantly surprised”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

Went with five friends and everyone loved their entrées. The French fries were very good. Three in our group tried escargot for the first time and loved it!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank JDawgTX

Edmonton, Canada
“Best of everything!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

Walked by one evening and heard the music drifting through the door and the golden light within escaping the windows and vowed to return. Our first visit was so fantastic that we made plans to dine there a week later on New Years Eve.

First time – such wonderful ambience and exceptional service – cozy space with fabulous music and food to match. Started with an appetizer of Escargots a la Bourguignonne (so good), then the Pates a la Carbonara (highly recommend – so flavourful), my dining companions had the Vol Au Vent Champignon Bechamel and the Seared Tuna Steak. The house white Chardonnay was excellent as well.

Back on NY Eve to a packed house – glad we’d made reservations. More of the wonderful ambience, great service and incredible food. Escargots a la Bourguignonne (again, delicious) and this time I had their Penne Aux Epinards Et Lardons (another great tasting dish).

Stepping into La Cigale transported me to a bistro in Paris for a few hours. A fantastic dining experience in the wonderful Puerto Vallarta. Best of both worlds!! Will definitely return.

• Visited December 2013
Tecumseh, Canada
“Great Crepes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Very quaint French style bistro with good choices of excellent entrees. The French fries in herbs and served in it's own little pan was a different and quite tasty. The crepes prepared at our table were very delicate and quite tasty. The only drawback is the location BUT the food makes up for it.

Visited March 2014
Friday Harbor, Washington
“Why did we wait so long to come back?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

Another wonderful night at La Cigale. The space is small and intimate with a country French decor and subdued lighting that sets the right mood. Cocktails are done with a little extra flair (e.g., just the right number of twists in the orange peel for my wife's Cosmo) and served quickly. The menu was as we remembered it and our dinner orders were like a trip down memory lane. My wife had the escargot and it was as good as we remembered it -- very tender and rich with butter and garlic. I had the foie gras terrine and a scene from "Oliver" popped into my head ("Please sir, I want more!). My wife then had the Moules Provencale -- the mussels very tender and juicy with a wonderful tomato broth, rich with pieces of fennel bulb. I had the Red Snapper and I have to say, that their preparation is the best I have had in the area -- generous portions that were moist, tender, and flaky, topped with a freshly prepared Hollandaise sauce (I would prefer a bit more "zip" in mine, but still very good). The wine list remains good with lots of selections across price ranges and the Cotes du Rhone we had went well with our food. We finished the night with the Chocolate fondant which is always worth the wait. An accordion player entertained the crowd tonight. It was interesting but he seemed to have a lot more Russian influence than French and he like to "jam" a lot (one doesn't normally think of jamming on an accordion, but it seemed to work). The staff and service are still a trademark of the restaurant. All in all, a great night. We will be back soon!

• Visited March 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“We ate twice while in Puerto Vallarta at LaCigale!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

We love this restaurant!!! Ask them to put on some Edith Piaf while you are there--you will be right in Paris!! And get the mussels with tomato, basil and garlic broth and frites---oh, I wish I could have dinner there tonight but alas I am in Chicago with the snow!!

Visited February 2014