“It was a truly enjoyable and refreshing experience”

Grand Miramar All Luxury Suites & Residences
Ranked #10 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
West Hollywood, California, United States
“It was a truly enjoyable and refreshing experience”
Reviewed 23 June 2013

We truly stumbled upon the Grand Miramar Club & Spa while visiting Puerto Vallarta in June 2013. We were previously suppose to stay at another vacation rental, and due to the lack of A/C working properly we were able to get a room without a reservation at the Grand Miramar. We were so pleased with the customer service, the large airy open space rooms, and the views are amazing!

The resort during the month of June, was not over crowded. If you are looking for a spot to have a relaxing vacation and don't have an agenda to follow; this is the ideal place to allow yourself to decompress and just go with the flow.

Room Tip: I really like the difference of the Master suite from the junior suite, as it was only $100.00 dolla...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Kim P
PJsMM, Director Comercial at Grand Miramar All Luxury Suites & Residences, responded to this review, 3 August 2015
Dear guest: Just a short THANK YOU note for your review. We hope we have had the pleasure of serving you again, if your travel plans have not brought you back to Puerto Vallarta, we hope to be the hotel of your choice on your next visit. Thank you for preference.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 4 June 2013

I recently stayed at GM for one week on a Interval Getaway in the hotel. Everything I was promised or everything I wanted was done and it was done well. I didnt experience any timeshare sharks, found the property exceptional, and think this resort is an exceptional choice. Not one negative thing to say.

STAFF
The entire staff was very helpful and their attention to my stay was exceptional. It started with them arranging my transportation to and from the resort from the airport. It was so nice to find my driver with my name waiting for me when I arrived. When I got to the hotel they knew my name and even though I was early, my room was ready. The front staff, bellmen, door people are so professional. You couldnt ask for anymore.

Room C907
Wow is all I can say. The view was exactly what I wanted a vista of the ocean. 99% of my stress went away just walking onto the balconey. My room had a wonderfully large bathroom with shower, changing area, and jetted hot tub. The towels are fluffy clean, soaps, shampoos and the best blow dryer I have ever used. The room had a bar/kitchen area of granite with cook top, sink, fridge, coffee maker, dishes, glasses, and eating tools. I cant remember if a microwave was there. The fridge was stocked with a nice assortment of drinks at reasonable prices. Large closets, two flat screens one in a living area and one facing the bed. Large very nice ceiling fans kept the room air flow, and the AC was quiet and very good.
Each morning the room was cleaned and everything restocked. At night mints on the bed. The hotel is very quiet and I was totally happy with not hearing other people, or children.

GYM
What a view and the equipment is in new great shape. Totally enjoyed using it. No steam or sanua area.

RESTURANT
WOW! WOW and Double WOW! The food was amazing and the staff was exceptional. They knew my name after the first time, attended to my every want or wish, went above and beyond what I could of every thought of. I ate there more than I did in town because the food was so good, and the prices were a steal! There is one salad I just loved and the secret dressing was Hybiscias with seared tuna, mix greens, berries. Had it twice. You have to order the Lobster if you go there it was out of this world. If you are a early morning person you are going to love having your day start with this view.

POOLs
I used all the pools and they were clean and cool. Hot tub wasnt that hot, but its huge and clean. Pool towels are very nice and easy to find.

SHUTTLE
Walking down the hill isnt easy, but good exercise. Walking up would be even better. They offer a shuttle service to the beach club at Blue Shrimp, which I always go to when in PV. The beach is very nice and the shuttle very dependable.

FINALLY
PV is a great place to take the entire family. I find it always very safe and easy to understand. The people are friendly and I never felt anything but warmth and being welcomed. The nice thing about GM is you are on top of a hill, and it is a little bit of journey to get to the top. So once your there, its like why ever leave? They do have on site help in arranging anything you may want. I enjoy the Mexican Resort life and if I have the chance would def return to this property.
SUGGESTIONS
Maybe offer a shuttle service for guests during the evening hours so no one has to contend with a taxi. Even though taxis are dirt cheap. Coffee for coffee maker without charging would also be nice.

Room Tip: Jr Master or Master Suite is the way to go!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Bob F
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 28 May 2013

A friend of mine and I have travelled there twice. We signed up originally for the timeshare because we were so impressed. Unfortunately, the promises were not as promised. It is a lovely place, the food is great, the personnel are absolutely the best. Just do not sign up. We needed to get an attorney that specialized in Consumer Protection to get us out of our contract.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
14 Thank Cjchristopher
Boise, Idaho, United States
Reviewed 22 May 2013

We stayed in a studio apartment that was so small we could not both enter at the same time. The bathroom was down the hall. Both rooms had separate keys. We went to a ownership presentation and it was terrible. Lies , Lies, Lies. They didn't provide anything they promised and they hounded us our entire stay. The road to the resort is terrible. The first taxi said he would not take us there because the road was so rough and very winding. We cannot let our friends stay there.

Room Tip: Don't stay there!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
17 Thank Ron G
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Positives: Gorgeous view--it's STUNNING, the suite was spacious and beautiful, polite, friendly, and helpful staff. No direct beach access, but it's just a short taxi ride or free shuttle to the beach where you are taken care of by the staff at The Blue Shrimp, who were also wonderful.

Negatives: Found a cockroach that was half dead in our bedroom, early morning construction which woke us up most mornings, there was somewhat of a sewer smell in the bathroom from the time we began our stay, no services were provided at the pool area (we were told that we were two people of only 8 staying at this resort and it was a slow time--so why we were given a room right next to the construction is beyond me), water pressure was pretty bad (so give yourself some extra time ladies) and the air conditioner in the bedroom is positioned high on the wall above the bed with a bright neon blue light that made it hard to fall sleep unless you have a sleep mask on (which my husband luckily did). The people above us could be heard talking in the morning and at night, not sure if they were inside or outside on their balcony, but they could be heard loud and clear. The shuttle is great to take into town in the morning to walk around the shops and go to the beach but the latest it runs was about 5:30pm, so we took a taxi back most nights which was about 70 pesos.

Overall, this is a beautiful resort with very friendly and accommodating staff. We were not asked to attend any meetings about buying a timeshare or hassled in any way.

Puerto Vallarta is a beautiful place to visit and we hope to go back some day!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Loves2travel23
Southern California
Reviewed 19 May 2013

For me, this was the nicest place I have ever stayed. It was a fabulous anniversary getaway for us. We loved the location and the view. Awwwww, the view!!!!!!!! My spouse makes fun of me for getting spoiled while in PV. Yeah....I don't ever want to stay anywhere else when we return.

The customer service was outstanding. I hope people are tipping these guys/gals a lot...they deserve their pay.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KellenKellen
Antioch, Illinois
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Our stay at the Miramar could not have been better. From the moment we arrived by taxi, up the winding hill - the car door was opened and we were welcomed with a cool and refreshing cloth after the long ride from the Marina area. What a welcome change. This property is simply wonderful, quiet, clean and inviting. Located just a short distance south of town we were able to finally feel we were on vacation in our favorite place. Easy to navigate to the pool and roof top restaurant - wherever we looked we could see the shining bay. Miramar is nestled up on a hill at the top of the Concha Chinas /Gringo Gulch residential area. WE will definitely return!

Room Tip: Rooms are amazing and all face Banderas Bay
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family