“Beautiful Resort- fantastic guest service”

Buganvilias Vacation Club
Ranked #55 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We arrived on June 21, 2014. My Family and Friends love this resort and we have returned many times. The resort itself is lush and beautiful. I read the most recent negative review and can't understand how anyone would not return to this resort. Their guest service is impeccable and I have stayed thru RCI many times. Patricia, Fabiola and Guerillmo of the vacation club will do whatever it takes to make your stay memorable. The view from the room is my favorite part of the vacation. Sitting on the deck and experinceing the sunset and the sounds of the waves breaking is an incredible feeling. We will return again!

Room Tip: Call ahead and ask for a Oceanview in building B- corner suites are larger and sunny!
1  Thank Tonia F

Reviewed 1 July 2014

May 2014: I was here last year and completely loved it so my wife and I decided to go back! We were given a nice room with a beautiful ocean view. Room was super clean and everyone was extremely nice. Wouldnt hesistate to come back again. I might be back next year!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris T
Reviewed 30 June 2014

At the end of March 2014 my husband and I spent a week in the Presidential Suite at The Buganvilias Resort Vacation Club in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. When I think back to that trip the word paradise comes to mind. From the beautiful tropical landscaping to the spacious rooms of our condo, the resort spoke of a simple elegance. Where we stayed was on one of the top floors. The view from our balcony was breathtaking! We could see the whole Bay of Banderas, seagulls and pelicans flying by, and people parasailing attached to brightly colored parachutes. The resort itself is upscale and intimate, and the staff cordial and welcoming. The resort is located close to the center of town so it is within walking distance or it is easy and reasonably priced to take a bus or a cab. And for those of you who have mobility issues like me, I recommend talking to the concierge. He called around and found a business that rented scooters for those with mobility issues. The company delivered the scooter and then came and picked it up the last day of our stay. What a help for me! I could go everywhere without any trouble at all.

Finally I feel safe in Puerto Vallarta.

To sum it up, I am looking forward to our next visit to the Buganvilias, a corner of paradise.

Room Tip: I like the main building on one of the top floors to have a good view of the Bay.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2014

June 2014: We booked our room for four through RCI. The Buganvilias Vacation Club (BVC) definately doesn't like RCI vacationers. We were given room 1868 in Tower D and it was a horrible, disgusting, smelly room. Straight from the 70s with acetate bedspreads, plastic chairs on balcony, couch made of concrete with a cushion on top so you can use as a "bed". The view was of an empty trashy lot and the bay. We didn't even want to sit down on any of the furniture. When we asked for a different room, they gave us 1971 in Tower D. A slight improvement in view but the same nasty furnishings and as a bonus, the air conditioning in that room didn't work. When we asked for yet another room, they allowed us to look at a two bedroom on the 13th floor in Tower D but it would cost $109 dollars (not pecos) extra per night. We looked at the room. No smell, Great view, definately cleaner than the last two units. We thought about sacraficing the money we spent with RCI and going to another hotel but were worried we wouldn't find anything else. We went down to the lobby and the "timeshare concierge" asked if everything was okay. When we explained she said for a "$30 tip" to the BVC worker who checked us in behind the desk and an agreement to go to their 90 sales presentation for a timeshare.....she could get us into a better room. We said we wanted to SEE the better room before we agreed. We did agree. Our room, 2351/52 in Tower A was better but still totally not what we anticipated when we booked through RCI. We wore flip flops when we showered. The beach is completely rock - no sand! No one used the beach! The location was scary. However, the views of the sunsets from this room were truly fantastic.

The food was passable. I would not recommend eating anywhere at BVC. Their "Mexican Buffet" was VERY disappointing, bland, flavorless, and boring. The taco rolls tasted like they were straight from the freezer. No enchiladas, no chimichangas, no burritos and very expensive - $28 per person. TOTALLY NOT worth it. We ate there the next night only because of a massive rain storm and it was their Italian buffet. Somewhat better than the Mexican buffet the night before, but still not impressive.

The 90 minutes sales presentation was horrible. They passed us through 7 different salesment and when we pointed out the time, they said the 90 minutes began AFTER the free breakfast. We were there 3 hours. It included a tour of the two floors that had been renovated - 17 and 25 in Tower A. Those rooms were modern and updated and very nice. That is what we expected when we booked our trip. Silly us.

The wireless internet code we rec'd because we attended the sales presentation didn't work in the room. We had to go to the lobby to use it. Then when we wanted to use it to check in for our return flight, it didn't work at all. No one on-site could help us. But for a fee, we could use their computer. We had to go to the Sheraton Hotel (shares the same complex) and ask the conceirge there to check us in for our flight.

And to top it off, to show RCI members how much they really don't like RCI, check-out time for RCI members was 10:00 am and for BVC members, the check-out time was 12:00 pm. Why??

Overall, we would not go back (and wish we hadn't gone there in the first place) and would definately NOT recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Tower A, floors 17 and 25. Doubt you can arrange that when you make your reservation though.
5  Thank Chris S
buganviliasrp, Public Relations Manager at Buganvilias Vacation Club, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Chris :

Thank you for expressing your opinion on this forum after your recent visit to our resort.

With great concern I learnt about the bad feelings you have from us, please accept our most sincere apologies.

It is our policy to comply with the desires of our guests by offering warm and courteous Customer Service, comfortable accommodations and excellent food quality. Your feedback is highly welcome as it contributes to increase our quality service levels, guest experience and staff performance.

I would like to stress that RCI travelers are very important to us, and are entitled to parallel service and benefits as resort members, who evidently, possess some perks as a recognition for their ownership, we deeply regret your dissatisfaction.

We appreciate your insight and will take the necessary steps to improve our performance and avoid recurrence of such incidents.

Sincerely

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We stayed here through RCI at a great weekly rate (2 families, 4 adults, 2 teenagers) and had a fabulous time. The location is very convenient and the ocean views are beautiful. The food is average hotel food so seek out the variety of nearby restaurants to really enhance your stay. The rooms are a bit dated but overall above-average. Note that the wi-fi/internet is awful in some rooms. We spent most days in the pool, which is large and comforting - Sergio gave us great lunch & drink service from the pool bar. Keep your eyes out for the large iguanas, they'll steal your fries. Overall had a great time and would recommend it but will likely try something different next time.

Room Tip: Go for the Presidential Suites for an unbelievable view.
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I got there thru RCI I never have a problem with RCI exchanges, when I book I ask for a room with balcony for 4 persons, they tell me that all the rooms have a balcony, when I get there the room they have me was a parcial ocean-garden view a studio very moldy smell terrible I ask for other room they take me to the first floor with a open porch and the smell in the room was like a dead animal. I go to the reception and they tell me that RCI is the last in the chain and they can not do nothing for me unless I upgrade I was tired, sweat , disapointed and hungry the reception guy armando was so rude about I explain that I all ready paid for my room for four people and balcony he do not want to work with me so I paid and extra 333.00 dlls more to get a decent room that have three key one to enter and then two doors one with a parcial kitchen, bath and a murphy bed and the other a king bed with a bath the furniture is hard and old in the balcony have a plastic chairs. The safe in my room do not work , no clock at all, no internet and if you paid is not working .

2  Thank BillPhelanCA
buganviliasrp, Public Relations Manager at Buganvilias Vacation Club, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Bill:

With high consideration I have learned about your discontentment with the accommodations we provided you and the poor service experience with the front desk attendant, please accept our genuine apologies for the inconveniences you had,

It is our aim to provide excellent accommodations, courteous and efficient customer service, and top quality facilities to all our guests, your feedback will lead us to take appropriate measures to improve our guest satisfaction.

Please receive our appreciation for sharing your feelings with us, and look forward to the opportunity to host you again on your next visit to Puerto Vallarta.

Warm regards

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Property, people, staff, setting, food and more were just perfect! We've owned our place for over 10 years and love it everytime we use it. May of this year we helped a dear freinde celebrate a milestone birthday.. We had 14 adults in all join us and most everyone staued on the hotel side. Everyone was so pleased and everyone loved their all inclusive they chose! The pools, the bars, the Sunday Brunch and everything was so yum and staff always smiling and so accomodating!

Room Tip: corner suites
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends