We traveled to Conchas Chinas, and truly enjoyed being "off the beaten path". 7 pesos to take the bus, 50-150 pesos for cab ride either north or south. We were able to take day trips, or just relax at the beautiful beach. Quiet and calm setting, with a full-service staff that is professional and extremely friendly. The staff at the front desk were extremely helpful at all times, assisting with way-finding and taxi service. Thanks to Teo and company.
I have never had a hotel suite where you can have french doors open at all times, allowing a constant ocean sound and breeze flow inside. It felt like we were in our own private villa. Falling asleep, listening to the ocean waves.....fresh air.....
AC unit in the bedroom was excellent- if you close the bedroom door you can make it into an icebox if you please. Temps at this time of year are perfect- no humidity and pleasantly/perfectly warm.
We were on the 5th floor, and had a view that was incredible. We had two mornings where we saw whales (around 7amish)...bring your binocs!
Swimming in the cove was great, you can snorkel and see a variety of fish, saw a manta ray...pretty cool. It is rocky -but plenty of space to swim.
The restaurant food was standard, however the Sunday brunch was very nice. You can't ask for a better ambiance. If you order room service, the tip is included. The ritas are very strong and delish. It looked like the tequila ratio was tripled in this drink, but you don't know it because it tastes like nectar from the gods. Love the 2:1 happy hour.
Massage service was great, chose to have it in the room next to the open balcony. The concierge was extremely friendly and nice.
There is a convenient store a short walk down the road that is great for beverages/snacks/atm. Don't waste your money next door at the restaurant le set- you are better off rolling down the window in a taxi and throwing $2000 pesos out the window. We did not utilize the kitchen utensils/cookware, but would if we were in a larger group (3 or more) or staying longer than a week.
We were not looking for a social hotel experience, and Lindo Mar felt very private and secluded.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled right on Conchas Chinas Beach in the exclusive southern section of Puerto Vallarta, Lindo Mar is the perfect escape. Enjoy ocean views from your one-, two- or three-bedroom condominium suite, complete with a full kitchen, cable television, maid service and air conditioning to cool off after a relaxing day on the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Lindo Mar Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lindo Mar Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Lindo Mar Puerto Vallarta