All reviews rooftop pool pirate ship spent nights beautiful room an ocean view room ceiling fan other hotels romantic zone hot water araceli balconies cobblestone malecon pv tub palapa
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed in a suite in this lovely hotel - windows on 2 sides - fabulous! If it’s international swanky you are after it’s probably not for you - but if you like quirky, bright and individual you’ll love it.
Up a very very steep hill in the old town of puerta Vallarta but also perfectly placed for exploring everything this great town has to offer. Highly recommended.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We asked for an ocean view room and were put in a room they called the Treehouse Room. The room was lovely and had a pleasant bathroom with a very nice shower. The view was indeed unmatched. However, we did not anticipate the level of noise that this view would expose us to. On one side, the room overlooks a rental house with a pool and a sound system. The noise from that house carries readily into the room. Also, on the other side, the room overlooks the Romantic Zone. Music from partying in this area drifted up all night until 5 AM. The room has a charming thatched roof, but that makes the room impossible to fully seal off and avoid the noise. You can enjoy the lovely view from the breakfast area, so I highly recommend that you get a quieter room when you reserve at this hotel.
As mentioned by others, the hotel is beautiful and the staff is very helpful. The location is convenient and many restaurants and galleries are within very easy walking distance.
The hot water was off once, and this was readily resolved. Also, the closest WiFi was down when we got here, but again it was readily resolved.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

We came here with our ten year old girls for spring break. Had a great time! The staff was friendly and the views were breathtaking! The pool is small, but adequate for a quick soak to watch the sunset. The walk to town is quick, but steep, but still a great challenge and fun!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 March 2018

I found the location to be convenient. My taxi driver seemed to find it difficult to believe I should be trying to get so high up the hillside though. That was kinda funny to me, but at the same time it was annoying having to work so hard to get him to drive to the hotel.

I thought I'd be far enough from the beach/boardwalk not to be too distracted by noise, but you need to be miles further away not to be annoyed by that late evening/night cruise whose MC is constantly shouting and blasting noise across the town over loudspeakers. Otherwise, it was quiet enough. Got used to the church bells and even found them charming.

Hotel staff is super friendly. I was a little concerned at first because the front gate was locked (at all times, I discovered later) and I had to ring the bell a bunch of times to get attention. I arrived near the start of the 3pm check-in period, so maybe they were just late getting into position.

I eventually checked in and received keys to my room and to the front gate. A tour of the buildings is part of the check-in process, which was very helpful. I was escorted to my room and had lots of opportunity to ask questions.

The place seems to be four homes connected to make a small boutique hotel. A bit of a maze but not too difficult to get a feel for where everything is. Common spaces and rooms were uniquely configured and well equipped. View my room was fantastic. Wifi service was unreliable (sometimes didn't connect; sometimes connected but no internet).

Rooftop is the star attraction of this place. Breakfast is served there in the morning by an really nice attendant. (Shout out to Eduardo!) Guests hang out there in the afternoon sun through sunset, which is nothing short of spectacular. Because everyone wants to be together, you have unusual opportunities to get to know the other guests. If you don't want to be bothered, just stay in your room, I guess, so people won't think you're being rude. I think I made lasting relationships at the Luna Liquida. I didn't expect that.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Charles J
Reviewed 15 March 2018

We spent 14 wonderful nights at this delightful small hotel. The location is perfect - on the hill above the cathedral with an amazing view of the entire bay. The staff are incredible and so welcoming. From the moment we arrived, we felt right at home. Every room is different and ours was always kept immaculately clean. The entire hotel is decorated with beautiful Mexican artwork and the layout is delightfully quirky. It really is a wonderful and unique place to stay.

Delicious breakfasts are served by charming Eduardo on the rooftop terrace with the best view in PV. Many mornings as we sipped our coffee we were treated to humpbacks breaching in the bay as well as manta ray sightings. Quite magical.

As mentioned by others, the hotel is located up the hillside on a narrow cobblestone street so chose your footwear wisely. We found the climb up and down to the old town was great exercise and it in addition to becoming easier each day, it kept off the holiday pounds.

Make sure you watch the nightly pirate ship fireworks from the rooftop terrace or enjoy an evening dip in the pool. A great end to your night.

We will definitely go back to this gem of a hotel and its wonderful staff the next time we visit PV.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family