“get local!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Puerto Vallarta Walking Tours
Ranked #51 of 187 Tours in Puerto Vallarta
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Choose from 6 fun and informative walks, each about 2 hours long. Groups are kept small for a more personal immersion experience. See local life, culture, art, history, architecture, food, tropical gardens, and of course the friendly Mexican people. Hear stories about those who have shaped this charming town. Enjoy the sights, sounds, smells, and beauty of this tropical paradise while discovering places you may not find on your own.
Seattle, Washington
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“get local!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

I really enjoyed Sandra's El Centro walking tour. I learned so much about the history of the area, as well as what local shops to visit. I feel very grounded and a part of the local scene now. Sandra is also very enjoyable to spend time with. Do it!

Visited April 2014
Sandra C, Owner at Puerto Vallarta Walking Tours, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Hey Kent, we did have fun and your enthusiasm and questions where most appreciated. To truly enjoy your stay in Vallarta, or any foreign place, you need to "get local" and walking is the best way to get immersed. No need to be afraid...just join me on one of my walks and you will see how friendly Vallarta is. Look forward to seeing you again.

Bridgeport, Connecticut
“Southside Walk”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

Sandra was fantastic. Very knowledgeble and had a lovely relationship with everyone she ran into along the walk from friends, to shop keepers, to hotel owners and all the locals. I would highly recommend her walking tours to all that visit Puerta Vallarta.

Visited April 2014
Vallarta is a very friendly town. If you get out and walk around, with me or without me, you will find this is so true. And you don't even have to speak Spanish although if you try, you will always get a smile and comments back not only from the locals who appreciate your effort to speak their language, but also from all of us who live here. Come back again for more!
San Diego, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Sandra has the best walking tour in all of Vallarta”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

We really has a blast! The Chicken Lady, the butcher shop, and the vegetable and fruit market were outstanding. The Emilio Zapata Neighborhood is a great representation of the true back streets of Vallarta. Most people do not get chance to see what goes on back here. It was a very good tour. Sandra knows everyone it seems. We even got freshly squeezed pineapple juice from the only pineapple press in all of Vallarta, Excellent! The tile store was incredible, we had to buy something. I think everywhere we stopped we wanted to buy something. The best was the soap store. I highly recommend while you are in Vallarta to just spend 2 hours with Sandra it is well worth it. She is great and so are all of the places she takes you to.

Visited March 2014
This review made me smile! I love when folks have this much fun on my walks...it means I have succeeded in my intensions of helping you truly enjoy yourselves as well as learning more about the beauty and charm of Vallarta. My walks are for kids too as your photos show. Thanks for your kind remarks and hope to see you again. Tell your friends!
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best ever ! About Puerto Vallarta.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

My husband and I are careful,about choosing excursions or whatever about visiting propositions for us tourists. This time in Puerto Vallarta we have seen something more interesting that usual which was proposed by the Saturday market......an architectural walking tour through the Gringo Gulch. It was truly worthwhile, interesting and very interesting all the way about the who, why, how about Puerto Vallarta and focusing also about that specific area " gringo Gulch " which is now our preferred neighborhood. Thanks to the guide and the creator of those wonderful intelligent tour.
Also having the great possibility to have that tour in our language, which is here, French, was wonderful for us and we didn't t miss nothing about history and meticulous details where sometime we may miss when not given in your language, even if we have English as second language.
W e highly recommend that iwalking tour to everyone who wish to learn about the real Puerto Vallarta.

Visited April 2014
Sandra C, Owner at Puerto Vallarta Walking Tours, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thank you Marie for your kind words of praise, especially for your French-speaking tour guide. If English is not your first language it can be difficult to understand all the many details, stories, and information that my walking tours include. For that reason, I offer some of my walks in French, German, and Spanish so you may have a more enjoyable experience. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Vallarta.
Seattle, Washington, United States
“Great walking tour of Puerta Vallarta back streets”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

We spent one day in Puerta Vallarta while on a cruise. We'd been several times before and had done the usual tourist things, so we wanted to see an area we hadn't visited before. This walking tour was perfect! We walked streets with virtually no tourists in sight, crossed suspension bridges over the Cuale River, visited shops, a farmers' market and a pottery factory, even bought Mexican candy from a sweets shop and fresh-squeezed pineapple juice. Carla was friendly and knowleable. She was able to take us to spots where large tour groups wouldn't be able to visit. She met at right at the cruise terminal and even escorted us to a bus stop after our tour where we could take a 45-minute ride to a beautiful botanical garden we wouldn't even have known about had she not told us. Highly recommend this tour as a great way to see Puerto Vallarta outside the usual tourist area!

Visited March 2014
Sandralynn43, Owner at Puerto Vallarta Walking Tours, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Cruise ship passengers such as yourselves arrive here several times a week and do have time to take a walk with us around Vallarta since our walks are only 2 hours long. As you commented, it is the best way to learn about this charming town in a short time while enjoying stretching your sea legs! We don't want you to get lost so we meet you at the terminal for a local bus ride into town and point you in the right direction to get you back to your ship in plenty of time. You will even have time to shop or enjoy a truly Mexican lunch. Carla is one of my best multilingual guides so thank you for your kind comments.