“Beatuiful house in a great location!”
other travellers have booked this property
Casa Marfil, authentic Mexican Villa in the Heart of Puerto Vallarta
Kitchen and Salon opens to the Terrace with views of the River Cuale, Pacific Ocean, Jungle, Mountain and City Kitchen, filtered water and new appliances and grill on the terrace.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Casa Marfil, authentic Mexican Villa in the Heart of Puerto Vallarta
Kitchen, filtered water and new appliances and grill on the terrace.
Wolf Gas Stovetop, Microwave Convection and Standard Oven
Den, Satellite TV, iPod Dock
Terrace off of the Kitchen and Dining Rooms and Living Room
Terrace off from Kitchen
Terrace, looking to the right affords ocean views
Terrace, looking East affords mountain views
Terrace, views of Puerto Vallarta and city lights at night
Rooftop Palapa with wetbar
Library, many books available to peruse and browse on second level.
Principal Bedroom
Principal Bathroom
Principal Bedroom
Terrace makes for great people watching below on the cobblestone street.
Principal Bathroom
Entrance to the second front door to enter Casa Marfil
St. Michael graces the front entrance in authentic Mexican artwork painted on wood.
First Level Bedroom Queen sized Bed, private bath
First Level Bedroom
Second level Bedroom private bath
Entrance first door, street level
Stairwell to Rooftop Palapa
Rooftop Palapa, great starlight viewing, city lights, and fireworks.  Wetbar, chaise lounge chairs
Terrace off from Kitchen, great for drinking Margs and watching fireworks
Kitchen is a great place to hang out, make delicious dinners, watch satellite TV and relax.
Dining table seats four, bar seats four more.
Salon and Living Room with Satellite TV, Shaw Canadian Satellite, HBO, Showtime and BBC News, CNN
Principal Bedroom, view large walk in closet
Facing Principal Bedroom
First Level Bedroom, private bath
Rooftop Palapa, wetbar, private sunning
Rooftop Palapa, private sunning
Street level front door
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
haleyhcla...
Montevideo, Uruguay
“Beautiful house, difficult owner”
Reviewed 31 December 2016 for a stay in December 2016
person found this review helpful

Casa Marfil is beautiful and great for a large family or group. We loved puerto vallarta, really quaint and beautiful. Our only difficulty was in communicating with the owner.

We exchanged dozens of emails. Every day we received emails from her. At the beginning right after we reserved the place she accused us of not paying and made me send her copies of receipts and bank statements etc. (all while I was out of the country). She even threatened to cancel our reservation (and we all had flights already booked coming in from 3 continents! very stressful beginning). The dishwasher was broken when we arrived. She changed the price of a meal we bought without advance notice. Its advertised as air conditioned but only one of the living areas and two of the bedrooms have air units. We are used to not having AC so this wasn't a problem for us but if you're expecting central AC it isn't. She had the maid take pictures of everything and accused us of breaking things and mistreating her house. She told us our kids left too many toys on the floor and it was too much work for the maid so we had to clean up before the maid came (even though we told her we didn't want housekeeping to come while we were there). There was something new every day we were there. My mother in law was so stressed out from all the emails that she almost couldn't enjoy our vacation.

Again, the house is really awesome. Maybe we just caught the owner on a bad week, who knows but the drama was pretty intense. Between the maid talking to us about the owner and the owner sending constant emails it felt a little like a soap opera.

Hope this is helpful - we loved puerto vallarta and LOVED the house minus the many emails and accusations.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
3 Jan 2017
This guest informed me that she reviewed all of the Casa Marfil reviews to find an one review back in 2014 where a guest was unhappy with their stay that suggested to me that she may be a problem; it happens, sometimes people arrive already wanting to find things that are wrong. Casa Marfil is a great house, clean and yes it's true, there is not central air conditioning in Mexico. It's not a "thing" here, there are mini splits in the kitchen that supplies air to the dining room, kitchen and in what is known as an open floor plan. The second floor has a mini split in the master bedroom, again, it's an open floor plan and supplies air to the second floor and a 3rd mini split found in the 4th bedroom.
This guest initially told me that they were 12 people, which is the maximum number of guests the house can comfortably sleep with 4 bedrooms and two air mattresses. Each queen sized beds. Then she told me her son, with his family, a baby and two little girls, would not be arriving as their flights were canceled. She had asked for one extra night and by chance I could accommodate her request as the next guests weren't scheduled to arrive the day this guest was scheduled to leave. Later when she and my employee told me that the two air mattresses were broken, I thought how, half of her party didn't show up?...I asked my employee how many people were in the house and felt the pressure to immediately remedy the air mattress situation to go and purchase two more from Costco.....not thinking about catching her in a falsehood, but instead feeling that I was going to have a negative review based on the air mattresses not working....and lo and behold, there are not 12 people, as she had originally told me, but 15 people as her son, whose flight was not canceled, did in fact show up and that with them, the total in the house was now 15 people. My employee told me that she had to ask the little girls to stop jumping on the air mattresses....and that is how they broke. This guest defended her granddaughters by telling me how much they weigh and that they couldn't have broken the air mattresses. The equipment has built in pumps, so jumping on them is not advised anyway, it could damage the seams or the electric devices.

My employee, who was overwhelmed at the number of people in the house and the top to bottom chaos of disorder from toys and clothes strewn from the first floors to the top, sent a photo to me, which I didn't request her to do, she was asking for help. I asked this guest if she wouldn't mind be more conscientious to my employee as she was just one person and I offered her if she would want more support that I could have a second maid come to assist but that would cost a nominal fee for her time. This guest didn't respond to my respectful request that the house be kept a bit more orderly and didn't respond to my offer for more support.
The dishwasher, the third in 5 years, again suffered from a surge and has died. This unfortunately happened during this guests' stay. On top of everything going wrong, this happened. I will not be replacing it immediately. Most houses don't have dishwashers because of the expense and electrical issues in Mexico, appliances take a beating with the constant electric surges. Even if you have surge protectors, they eventually give out.
I offer the cooking services to guests and they pay the cook directly. I inform my guests that there is a cooking service and that they can let the cook know when and what they would like to have for breakfast and dinner. I am not receiving any money for this service, I simply inform the guests that there is a cooking service available. The price changed due to the cook changing her price for the new year; she has maintained her costs now for the last several years and changed the price this year. I let the guest know as soon as I was informed of the change.
The communication with the guest was very difficult. I felt that either the communication was either opaque, flights canceled, not canceled, number of people in the house - when I found out there were more people, I could have easily charged $50.00 extra per person per night, but didn't. I purchased a new baby high chair for this guest's son who has an infant of 9 months old and this guest instead of thanking me for the high chair asked me instead for the bottle of tequila I offered in consolation of the mix up in the beginning of the booking. In the beginning of the booking, she was scheduled to make her second payment to pay for the balance of the booking and I had to ask her to make payment over and and over and over, until finally, I canceled her reservation and sent her money back to her via Home Away. Then she responded in full alert that her reservation was canceled due to non payment. She explained that she already had her flights booked. This was in late summer, early fall for a December booking. I explained that I still had her dates, but that she now needed to pay for the booking in order to keep her reservation. We re-initiated the booking. She paid. Later when I was trying to follow the stream of the many emails to make sure all of the accounts were finalized, I asked her about the payment. I was confused, true, because that was what I felt constantly with this guests. Back and forth, booked, canceled, re-booked, paid, and following all of that over many months was not easy. Sometimes guests arrive and it is an easy, clear and pleasant transaction from beginning to end. Sometimes guests arrive and there may be a slight issue to help or assist and things get resolved, every one is happy and feels heard and respected. Sometimes guests arrive and they look for problems and they find one that happened three years prior in the reviews and you know then, it's going to be a rough ride, no matter what you do. It helps if people maintain a posture that everyone is doing the best they can, even in the face of what seems like deliberate and intentional misdirection. I simply remember why I love doing this job, for the many guests who come and they are interested in experiencing Puerto Vallarta and Casa Marfil and they simply want to come and have a good time. For those guests, it's all worth it. And when or if it becomes less value than the worth, then I will reconsider. But for now, the happy guests that arrive far outweigh the bad apple that comes occasionally.
Paradise...
Austin, Texas
“Beatuiful house in a great location!”
Reviewed 10 May 2016 for a stay in April 2016

We stayed here on a girl's trip and this house was perfect. We had everything we needed and Laura, our house keeper was also great. We had her cook dinner for us one night and it was delicious! The location is great too. You are just a short walk to the beach and into town.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
11 May 2016
Casa Marfil had a great experience hosting Paradise, she is the perfect guest! Paradise and her group of friends were all very polite, respectful and friendly. We welcome her and her friends back at any time and hope she does return to visit. Thank you again for choosing Casa Marfil!
susanmix
susanmix
“Gorgeous, large, riverside retreat home in jungle with views, warm welcome, fantastic find.”
Reviewed 8 May 2015 for a stay in April 2015
people found this review helpful

We are a group of four who travel to Puerto Vallarta a lot. This was the first time we stayed in a house. We were amazed at how beautiful it was. The first thing that impressed us was the warm welcome we received from Lupita, the manager, and Laura the maid and cook. They were so sincerely warm and helpful. We felt at home in paradise the moment we got there.

We chose the shuttle from the airport. Lupita set this all up for us. When we landed there was a friendly driver with a sign and bottles of cold water at the airport. He took us to a big store, then up the hill to the beautiful house. No hassles at all. The house was gorgeous and spotless, with plenty of cold drinking water. Every day we sat out on the patio and marveled at the amazing jungle view. It took us back in time to a simpler, most peaceful time. It was easy walking distance to the beach, the Malecon (boardwalk), to churches, our favorite restaurants, parks, the Rio Cuale, the town square, and everywhere we wanted to go.

One of the highlights was the magnificent meal Laura made for us for a very reasonable price. She made a Mexican feast with fresh fish, beans, guacamole, rice,tortillas, salsa and a very refreshing, fresh juice smoothie. The price was very low, and she is so precious and sweet.

The rooms are adorable with colorful artwork and bedding, all immaculate. The kitchen is huge with everything you might want to prepare all kinds of food. We highly recommend having Laura cook, however, and next time we will utilize her services more. She is a gem.

We sincerely felt we were part of the culture staying at Casa Marfil. It was so much nicer than staying at any hotel where you feel like a tourist. Walking up and down the quaint, cobblestone streets we encountered many very friendly people who greeted us warmly.I cried the day we left because a big part of me stayed in my beautiful Mexico at my home away from home in paradise. We all agree that this beautiful home in paradise is an oasis in the middle of one of the most beautiful places on earth. Highly recommend.

All communication was great, and damage deposit was refunded completely in a timely manner.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The views, the large kitchen, Laura's cooking
Liked least: Walk up hill on cobblestone street (we often took taxis)
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
10 May 2015
Thank you for your comments and please know you are always welcome to your casa in Puerto Vallarta! Come home any time you want :)
Minnesota
Reviewed 6 January 2014 for a stay in December 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
Tenn.
Reviewed 20 August 2012 for a stay in February 2011

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
20 Aug 2012
Hi Trish and Gail,

Please remember that I offer 15% discounts on all returning guests so please do come back and stay in beautiful Puerto Vallarta at Casa Marfil.

We do our very best to make sure our guests are well taken care of, often stocking the fridge with favorite items before you arrive, especially if your date of arrival falls on a holiday, but even if you would like some things on hand upon your arrival. Nothing is too great or small!

Looking forward to your return visit!!

Sherryl
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing