“Absolutely heavenly. Amazing food and breathtaking views.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Taste Restaurant at Casa Cupula

Taste Restaurant at Casa Cupula
Reserve with OpenTable
Taste Restaurant at Casa Cupula is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #66 of 980 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Cuisines: Mexican, International
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, View, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Carretera a Mismaloya
Description: Creative Mexican cuisine, featuring dishes from many regions of Mexico. Our secluded tropical setting is perfect for a romantic dinner or special occasion. Most dishes are available in "Taste" portions at accessible prices. Taste is located at Casa Cupula, Puerto Vallarta's finest luxury boutique hotel for the gay and lesbian community, and is open to everyone!
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely heavenly. Amazing food and breathtaking views.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2011

We came to "Taste" after seeing it in the gayguide puerto Vallarta and seeing all the wonderful reviews online.

We are new yorkers and are no strangers to eating out. There are no words to describe this place. The view is unbelievable. After taking a dirt road to a seeming nowhere we were wonderfully surprised to pull up to a beautiful villa overlooking the ocean and nestled in a spectacular tropical garden.

We came around sunset to a surprisingly empty restaurant and was greeted with a welcome drink from our charming and knowledgeable server Pancho. We decided we wanted to enjoy drinks at sunset and take our time before ordering dinner. Pancho made us feel welcome, comfortable, and never rushed.

Then, the food came. Words
Cannot describe the amazing appetizers and entrees that range from south American, Asian fusion, and traditional mexican cuisine. My partner and I were floored, and greeted personally by the owner Don
And eventually the head chef...I think his name was Luis. Honestly one of the most wonderful and romantic meals out of all the amazing places in puerto Vallarta. No doubt coming back!

Spread the word! I have a feeling the tourists perceive this place as off the map or exclusively gay, but this restaurant is a force to be reckoned with. 5 enormous stars.

chicago
“You Have to Go Here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2011

Went to Taste which is a new restaurant in the Casa De Cupula hotel. I would put the following remarks in caps because this was our #1 restaurant of the places that we have eaten in our 6th time in PR, but I guess that when you write this post you cannot use caps. It is a beautiful place, you are greeted by Johnny who welcomed us and took us to a table outside along the balcony. Since they have only been open since December it wasn't busy but this will change. What is great about this place is that they have a number of cuisines and you have a choice of a small or large portion. First they brought us a sampling of an appetizer from the chef which was outstanding. The tortilla soup was the best I have ever had. Following, we had the orance chicken ( yes I said orange chicken) it was the "best" that I have ever had and I have had this dish in many restaurants in the Chicago area. After that we had their cheescake which was also excellant, and on top of all of this it is very reasonable. Do yourself a favor and if you are going to PV soon you have to try this place!.

connecticut
“The very Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2011

I hang my hat over here in PV for 3 months out of the year, in doing so I go to almost every new restaurant in PV. I am not going to rehash what the other positive reviews have said, other than to say in my opinion, Taste is ONE of the finest restaurants in all of Puerto Vallarta.

North Carolina
“Beyond expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2011

I won a coupon for Taste Restaurant at a bingo event - they graciously support local animal causes ( in this case, the Purr Project cat sanctuary). We made reservations and were very pleasantly surprised. The food, service, & atmosphere were outstanding! The beautiful sunset view & the excellent food & service were outstanding. The choice of a smaller portion (Taste) or regular size was a wonderful alternative. We'll be back!

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“Didn't even get in”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2011

After calling for a reservation for 8:00 p.m., I was terribly disappointed to arrive and find the restaurant closed. Be sure to verify that the place will be open. It ruined what was to be a combo birthday/Valentine's Day celebration.

I won't try again!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank PVCPA
optionsf, Owner at Taste Restaurant at Casa Cupula, responded to this review, 1 March 2011
Taste's hours are 6pm-11pm Monday to Saturday. Apparently you showed up on a Sunday. We're sorry for the inconvenience, but those are the posted hours. You will see them on our website.