“Fantastic!”

Taste Restaurant at Casa Cupula
Reserve with OpenTable
Taste Restaurant at Casa Cupula is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #78 of 1,039 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Carretera a Mismaloya
Description: Creative Mexican cuisine, featuring dishes from many regions of Mexico. Our secluded tropical setting is perfect for a romantic dinner or special occasion. Most dishes are available in "Taste" portions at accessible prices. Taste is located at Casa Cupula, Puerto Vallarta's finest luxury boutique hotel for the gay and lesbian community, and is open to everyone!
Reviewed 14 June 2012

Some of the freshest and best food I've eaten! And, the staff impeccable.

Reviewed 13 June 2012

We stayed at Casa Cupula and therefore got to sample food for breakfast, lunch, AND dinner! :) It was always amazing, but dinner of course is the main show.

The menu features cuisine from around the world. Everything from the freshness, to the flavors, to the presentation and the experience would stand up to any high-end restaurant in Los Angeles, where I live.

My favs from the dinner menu:
the "dim sum" plate, the ceviche, the seared ahi
-- all things that sound like they've been done before, but trust me they do it well and with their own unique twists.

Reviewed 9 June 2012 via mobile

decided to turn around and we find in lovely place called Taste a Casa Cupula Hotel in downtown Vallarta, we decided to try, have been the most rewarding dining experience, traveler or walker, everyone should know about this amazing gastronomy place the chef and his team offer for people looking for quality, an event aimed at PERFECT !!!

Reviewed 30 May 2012

We ate at Taste based on the high recommendations given on TripAdvisor. We had to go to the back door up a dirt road and ring a bell because we could not enter through the front used by Casa Capula Guests having guest keys. They were out on several items on the menu, had a nice special they said was only for Casa Capula guests. The waiter was confused about the menu, kept coming back saying what I ordered was not available. The lettuce used on the food was wilted, items tasted like they came from a can, there were bugs biting us and a poor view. Poor quality food and poor quality service. I would say don't believe the high ratings and stay away from this place.

1  Thank pbdiaz
optionsf, Owner at Taste Restaurant at Casa Cupula, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2012

This review concerns our lunch service when the menu is limited and completely different from the main dinner service as reviewed by others. We have very limited outside lunch cliente especially in May when business is slower. Taste is located inside Casa Cupula boutique hotel which has a main attended reception entrance but of course unattended entrances require either a cardkey or to use the intercom for entrance, which apparently was not located.

We offer the employee lunch as a low cost special when available (thus a "special"). It smells great and so somemetimes people request it, but it is only available from about 2-3pm. We are sorry for any misunderstanding. As the restaurant is indoor/outdoor, and the review was posted right after the untimely arrival of Tropical Storm Bud, we can believe there were bugs, (not unique to our tropical location) but the guest could easily have moved indoors, and we have bug repellent available on request.

This male reviewer uses the pronoun "we", but we recall only one woman dining solo, who had our freshly made gazpacho and a red snapper sandwich. This was apparently well-received and consumed, so we were surprised by such negative feedback and unsure of the source. We are happy to replace any item upon request, so again our apologies if that wasn't clear.

It should go without saying that we try hard to make each and every customer feel welcome and satisfied with their experience and regret if that was not the case here.

Reviewed 15 May 2012

I saw Taste come up in several reviews and knew it was close to where we were staying. The problem was I could not find it on a map. Well that all hanged on a Sunday adventure. Close to where we were staying there were some challenging stairs carved into the hillside. I thought it would be fun to find out where they went. Well after tortured my cohorts we ended up at the base of the hill to Taste. With a little coaxing I got the gals to go and have brunch. Brunch is a relaxed buffet affair in an amazing private gay jungle. To say this place is GLBTQ friendly is an understatement. But I know my peeps and some times they flock together regardless of what their gourmet taste buds tell them. Well this place is amazing. Probably the best egg bennies I've ever had. Even the English muffin was fresh and tasted home made. The other items are well worth the hike! We are going back for dinner but might hail a cab!