“My favourite”

Description: esther"cafebolero.com.mex
Port Alberni, Canada
“My favourite”
Reviewed 14 February 2013

We stumbled upon this restaurant 4 years ago, and have made it a priority to go back at least two times on our yearly vacation to PV. I am quite surprised at the review before this one as I have eaten here a number of times and have had superb service and received our food in a timely fashion every time(it's not fast food). It is a very serene setting, overlooking the river. The service has always been exceptional, and the food is delicious. The best Tortilla Soup ever!!! I highly recommend that you experience this gem of a restaurant! Looking forward to going there in a few weeks!

• Visited March 2012

Peace River, Canada
“Our Favourite”
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I wondered how we missed this place on the Trip Advisor ratings before we left. Now I see why (I only look at the first few) and I can't believe it. This place is fabulous! It's just a gorgeous walk up the Rio Cuale island to get there, through what I saw as the nicest part of Puerto Vallarta. My daughter and I were out for a stroll and wanted a quiet place to sit and have something cold and refreshing to drink so we wandered in. When I saw the sort of place it was I was a bit afraid to say that we just wanted a drink. We were welcomed so warmly I was immediately put at ease and it was so relaxing just sitting there in the breeze, with the birds playing in the water next to us and the charming scene of the local kids playing in the playground across the river...we ended up staying much longer than intended. In fact, I'd needed to run to the store so asked our waiter if there was a store nearby that I could run to. Even better than kindly offering directions, he had a young fellow run to the store for me (yes, I gave an appropriate tip).

Right, the food. As you can guess, we made a point of returning for dinner. It was fabulous! I had shrimp done three ways and it was a very generous serving of the best shrimp I had in PVR. My daughter was just as impressed with her meal of pasta. The service was quite simply the best service I experienced in PVR as well, not at all contrived and yet warm and welcoming. I just have nothing bad to say about the place...and I do try to be objective and report the shortcomings as well as what a place does well.

We liked this place so well we spent a few afternoons sitting, having drinks and playing cards in their cool palapa with that wonderful waiter taking such good care of us. We always left happy and feeling very pampered.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Blast70
Deerfield, Illinois
“very disappointing restaurant and horrible service”
Reviewed 12 March 2012

We had made a reservation for dinner, . When we arrived the restaurant was empty, That should have been our first clue. After ordering we waited and waited,it took 2 hrs to get our food. We questioned a couple of times why it was taking so long. and the waiter said"everything is made fresh" well we hoped it would be. They didn't apologize, the server could have brought us bread and butter, but nothing. We definitely will not be going back to bolero,. We live in puerto vallarta and like to see restaurants do well, but I certainly will not be recommending this one to friends.

• Visited March 2012
Ensenada, Mexico
“Wonderful Lunch in a Peaceful setting overlooking the River”
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Three of us had lunch here, I had a hamburger and my wife and our friend had a spinach salad and a pizza that they shared for lunch and it was more than enough for the two of them. They have Happy Hour starting at 11:00am and going all day. The Mojitos were very good, the drinks were 2 for 1. Very pleasant outdoor setting. The food was very good,
would definetly return to eat here.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Bigmike1126
Winnipeg, Canada
“Good Food Good Price!”
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Went last minute with wife and friends. No problem getting in and got a table overlooking the river (creek). Two main courses (fajitas) and two lite meals (quesadilla), drink for everyone. Everyone was full and enjoyed the food.
Totaled only $60 tip included.
Back again next week and probably will be going again.

• Visited February 2012