“Disappointing under either name- now called Kabuki!”
Review of Tsunami Olas Altas - CLOSED

Tsunami Olas Altas
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 January 2014

See my review under Kabuki Sushi Bar- I am not sure how long ago this changed names, but after my negative experience last night at "Kabuki", how ironic that I start looking on my trusted Tip Advisor website tonight, still craving sushi, and come across this one! Imagine my surprise when I scroll down and see the name of the owner "Fernando" and think what a coincidence, that is of the owner of Kabuki. Then I read the other review titled "Disappointing" from the couple who obviously was given the same sample menu I was. I won't review it again- me looking to still have good sushi by looking here "the night after" says it all. There is no Tsunami- it is now called Kabuki.

Reviewed 15 October 2012

I've dined at more than thirty Japanese restaurants in Tokyo, Los Angeles, Seattle, and now Puerto Vallarta. Tsunami has the most delicious Hamachi and sushi rolls of all! Definitely my favorite Japanese restaurant of all!

Reviewed 24 December 2011

There aren't that many sushi places in the Old Town part of Vallarta. And some just go belly up after one year. Fortunately Tsunami is here. It's tasty and it has a great location for people watching.

We have eaten there several times, and we most admit the taste is not always consistent. Ranging from good to absolutely delicious.

Reviewed 23 November 2011

Great sushi spot. Really creative rolls & versions of other standards like miso soup & sunomono salad. TOP QUALITY FISH!
Owner was present & very helpful. It is clear that he cares about the restaurant's success. Recently shortened the name from "Tsunami Kobuki" to simply "Kobuki".
GO HERE. You will not be dissapointed.

Reviewed 28 October 2011

This restaurant is a "must try" for any sushi lover visiting or living in Puerto Vallarta. Fernando is an A+ host who will welcome you and make you feel like you just "came home". The tostada appitizer is a great fusion of East and West and a great start to your Tsunami experience. The Crispy Roll and the Soft Shell Crab are also winner winners. Oh yes...the yellow fin tuna sashimi is melt in your mouth! Food doesn't get any fresher than this.