“Fresh Pasta, Delicious Pizza”
Review of Bella Napoli

Bella Napoli
Ranked #15 of 1,014 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Cash Only, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We wait for you from Tuesday till Sunday from 17:00 till 23:00. Looking forward to receiving you with many smiles and our fantastic food.
San Francisco, California
“Fresh Pasta, Delicious Pizza”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I'd been in Mexico almost a week and I was really craving pizza. From all the trusty Trip Advisor reviews we decided to check out Bella Napoli. The reviews of excellence were spot on and we had a great meal. I appreciate all the handmade pasta dishes and their spin on classic Italian dishes as well. The pesto gnocci and fruti di mare were delicious and we just had to take a pizza to go. Yes, there is zero ambiance but the great food makes up for it.

1 Thank Michelle S

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“REAL Italian Cuisine!”
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

We have eaten at Bella Napoli twice during our 1 week stay and both times were excellent. The owners love what they do and you can tell by the taste of the food and the very friendly atmosphere. Best Italian pizza we've had and we had pizza in Venice last year!

Edmonton, Canada
“Just what we had hoped for”
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Let me preface this by stating we came here with high hopes and hungry bellies. It's a cash only place, so hubby went to find an ATM. It's tucked in the corner just after the Rio Cuale bridge leaving old Vallarta. We arrived at 8pm and it was empty. By the time out starters came and the sun set it was full. Young locals on date night, tables full of ladies and families.
We had bottled water (kids) and beer ( me & hubs)
The menus for pizza are on a typical menu sheet while the apps & pastas are on a chalkboard and our Italian speaking hostess have us a quick rundown on the handmade offerings. They brought lightly toasted baguette & oil & balsamic for us. We started with the Ensalada Mista ( mixed salad lightly dressed) and the antipasta plate complete with small kalamata type olives, artichoke hearts, fresh mozzarella and 5 diff types of Italian meats. All awesome. Kids shared a classic Margherita pizza, hubby and I the Diavola ( pep & cheese) they were perfectly cooked from crispy thin crust to enough bubble on the cheese that you have to wait a minute before digging in.
I loved the ambiance of this casual sidewalk restaurant. The chef hollered out in Italian when a nearby impromptu soccer game landed a ball in his kitchen space. Whatever he said, sent the two little boys in giggles. The staff were loud, funny & loving that is typically found anywhere there is great Neapolitan pizza!

1 Thank Iansgirl79
San Diego
“Great Italian Cuisine”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

The first thing you need to do if you're considering a meal at Bella Napoli is to completely disregard the map that Trip Advisor provides for the restaurant's location. It isn't close to Blue Chairs, and it never has been. It's on the other side of the river, very close to the corner of Morelos and Agustin Rodriguez. Walk across the bridge to the North, past Oscars, proceed onto the Malecon, and make the very first right that you can. Then, make the very next right on the street behind the Malecon, this will be Morelos, and Bella Napoli is just ahead on the right. 128 Morelos.
The server told us they've contacted Trip Advisor numerous times and have been unable so far to have the map reflect the correct location.

I was in the mood for pizza, and even after walking a mile in the wrong direction I wasn't deterred from finding this restaurant.
Of course, I ended up ordering Rigatoni Carbonara once I got there, so I can't review the pizza other than to say the ones I saw looked amazing.
The pasta was great, with plenty of meat and a very tasty sauce ( though a tad salty for my palate). The salad was fresh, with plenty of colorful ingredients, and the bread was just as good as you'd expect. Served hot from the same brick oven that churns out their trademark pizzas.
I also sampled some of my dinner companion's lasagna. Maybe your grandmother makes it better, but, I doubt it.
Reasonably priced, dinner for two came to 390 pesos with no alcohol.
If you're in the mood for authentic Italian while in Puerto Vallarta, then you can't go wrong with Bella Napoli.

Victoria, Canada
“Don't Miss Going”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Fantastic pizza, great lasagne. It's the real deal. The owners are from Italy. True pride in their product....quality ingredients. The location is convenient if you are wandering the Malecon too. Street noise is a negative but the welcoming owners make you forget that and transport you to Italy.

1 Thank CherryCherib