“Prime Beach and Huge Rooms”
Review of Vallarta Shores

Vallarta Shores
Ranked #5 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Vallarta Shores is located at the southern tip of the most cohesive(read: less walking in this area to reach old town) cluster of hotels in the Romantic Zone/Playa Los Muertos, so it is private and close to the old town by walking (I recommend the beach, in order to avoid hills) or a 20-40 peso taxi ride around one block. I was terrified Playa Los Muertos' aesthetics would disappoint, but I found it to be quite stunning and was lucky to stay here at its southern tip. I walked from here to the pier via the beach in minutes(a stunning walk).

Rooms here are huge and amazing(hot water instantly, huge quarters, separate rooms). The patios here are fabulous as well(stunning views of the beach below, yet private). I stayed on the third floor in the middle suite, then on the second floor near the pool. Generally indistinguishable, but I did miss my sweeping view of PLM the last few days. Few of the nice hotels here have nice gyms, so I wouldn't factor this in. The pool was private but small, so I didn't use it.

Located in front of the hotel is one of the most beautiful swimming bays(bring goggles... salt water this side of mexico) on Playa LM. Local kids love to play soccer and swim near this bay, but I rarely saw hawkers. Vallarta Shores is small and directly past the mega-resorts, so I often read alone on the beach with all (6 of so) beach chairs to myself.

FOOD: The one (yellow?) restaurant nearby (beside the beach club, which is now complete and quite nice) is a tourist trap with good drinks, bad food and beautiful views. Avoid said food. This was the first beach restaurant I've hated in years, but others along the beach were superb. I very much enjoyed Kaiser Maximilian and Daquiri Dicks(and every taco stand around lol). Definitely try Andale's. For tacos, Mar y Tierra at Francia 101 col Versalles is definitely the best in town(ask any local). Btw, the "amazing pier restaurants" mostly aren't that appealing (I liked Old Town ones near Basillo Badillo more). Seafood Burritos are a must-try.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank jjaylad

Reviewed 1 May 2014

We absolutely loved our first visit to Vallarta Shores. The rooms are spacious and clean, the decor is authentic and the view is amazing. It is a quick walk to all the downtown action. Infact, we walked everywhere and saved on taxis. We elected to have a private chef for our group and that was the best decision ever! He worked out a menu with us, shopped for groceries and prepared some of the best dishes I have ever tasted. We will definately be back!

Room Tip: Suites are amazing if you budget allows. Private pool, etc.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank StacyMc71
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We returned to our favorite condo hotel in Puerto Vallarta. We like this hotel for it spacious rooms and authentic Mexican decor. It's located steps from the ocean and vibrant old town P.V. We never needed the A.C. because we had a sea breeze. It was prefect.

Room Tip: Second and third floor rooms offer large balconies from which to enjoy your sunset cocktail.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Margaret Y
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Myself and two friends just visiting and stayed in Suite 5 which was really a great space. Mind you we're three guys in our 30's and we weren't looking for a luxury condo, just something on the beach and close to downtown. The unit was great if not needing a bit of upkeep, but whatever. The view would have been fantastic as well aside from construction on a new beach club literally 25 feet from our balcony which started every morning at 8:30am and went all day long till 6:30pm. This was my only gripe with the place, I really feel like management should have told us about this in advance as it was a significant annoyance to hear construction workers hollering, whistling, hammering, and hear a cement tumbler going all day long--so forget about an afternoon siesta!
The staff was very nice and very helpful, I'd definitely recommend the place. We saw the unit above ours with the pool and it was great but not heated and a bit small.
All in all my only concern was how I felt a bit duped by management not informing us of the construction in advance. With that knowledge I probably would have changed hotels.

Room Tip: Not sure how else you would have known about the construction, management should have put out a cave...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank ChgoTraveler80
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I was here 11 years ago and I loved it so in my return to Vallarta I was able to get two days in a one bedroom suite. Loved it! Room was clean, very large, beach is nice and very private but still close to the action. The bathroom had a sewer smell and perhaps they need to be updated or better serviced. Lots of construction in the adjacent property but that is outside their control. This is the perfect boutique hotel. It is great to sleep at the sound of the waves. Service was top notch.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice but for total privacy ground rooms are best, all the others have balconies an...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Miraflorino
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

We have vacationed in PV six times in the last four years,moving from Nuevo to the hotel zone into town and lastly to Vallarta shores, where I beleive we have found A home!
The location is fantastic,a short walk to great restuarants, beach clubs and bars.we rented suite
Four and loved it,great view right on the beach, three steps down is the common pool,and down from that an entrance/exit to the beach. Which is quiet and beautiful . v shores is pet friendly and we brought our dog,
Great spot for morning walk!
Made friends with some vendors , great people, Martin (mahi mahi, oysters) Javier (massage) yes there are vendors but most stay near the resorts to the north. Daniel and entire staff are very friendly and
Eager to do whatever they can do to make your stay great! We had the opportunity to see the penthouses and some of the other suites, you really can't go wrong with any of them! If you don't want the bustle of an A.I. Resort we highly recommend
a stay here. We have already
Booked our room for next vacation and can't wait!

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank kingkrimson
Daniel G, Gerente at Vallarta Shores, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear kingkrims,

We are really glad that you had a great time in Puerto Vallarta & Vallarta Shores.
We appreciate your preference very much and look forward to welcoming you back soon :)

Reviewed 22 November 2013

This Condo is really GREAT!

Fantastic view and on a nice location ( nereby Otas Atlas ) in Zona Romantica. This Area in Old Vallarta is very romantic and friendly. Our Condo ( nr. 3) is on the 1 St floor and got enough space for a pleasant 2 weeks stay. Every morning our breakfast at the balcony, at this moment they are working on a new project next to the condo. On the beach they are working on a new restaurant / swimming pool BUT THIS WILL DEFINITELY WILL NOT DISTURB YOUR MORNING. The constructors are quiet and not shooting at all. The Rental Manager Daniel and his team are very helpful and service-minded. The whole condo is complete with everything you need, every day they are cleaning ( including bath-towels ) your room. A real comfortable and cozy apartment.

When you are arriving at the airport, take a cab for 20 USD or 150 Pesos. That is a good deal!

Out check room is 1pm and when their is space you can have the room, otherwise you check out and stay relaxing on the beach!

Recommended Restaurants : Archies Wok ( Asian Food ) Blue Shrimps ( Fish Restaurant at the beach ) and La Palapas ( High level * Food at the beach )
Barcelona ( Spanish Tapas Restaurant with very nice view )

Bar: Reinas Bar ( cozy, nice music, very nice owner and GREAT Staff )

Area Hotel: quiet, relaxing BUT Gay oriented ( You have to know this, If this is a issue don't stay in this area )

Next year again.

Room Tip: Number 3 of Number 5 for a 2 bedroom Condo!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple