“A scary experience”

Price range: US$7 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, View, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Restaurant las Carmelitas de Puerto Vallarta is located in the heart of the mountain of puerto vallarta at 490mts above sea level, With a warm family atmosphere of living nature with a central papala and three terraces being the mother of the views. And with our authentic touch of ranch cuisine.
Reviewed 2 June 2014

While staying in P.V. over Christmas break, I was planning on dining at another restaurant but was convinced by my driver to try Caremlitas. He told me about the beautiful view and was candid about the fact that it was a bit of a distance from the Old Town area, but definitely worth the drive. I agreed to go. However, when we arrived, there was not a soul to be seen with the exception of three employees. No guests at all. I asked the driver if he was willing to wait while I had dinner but he said he could not. The owner, or perhaps manager, then became VERY insistent that I get out of the taxi and come over to dine...he opened the taxi door, and with a raised voice, began berating the driver and eventually getting irate with me. I became very uncomfortable, particularly as I was the only person at this nearly abandoned location at the top of the hillside, and insisted that the driver bring me back into town. Perhaps as previous reviews have mentioned, this is a lovely view and a nice place, but my experience was something very different.

4  Thank serenity1631

Reviewed 19 May 2014

You can see everything from here. Sunsets are the best.
A great place to see the fireworks. The food is not fancy,
but well done, and well priced. Definitely worth the ride to the
top of the mountain!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

On the top of the hill with the most gorgeous few we've ever seen!!! Service was great, food was good, drinks - excellent. It was pricy to get here and back from Marina Vallarta; but the view was totally worth a trip! I am glad we had cash on us, because only when we've got a bill, we were told they they accept cash only.

2  Thank Inna C
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We spend lots of time here, always wanted to see the bay from that Light! We found Carmelita's, Stunning view! Food was really good. Prices fair. We take people there to show them spectacular!
Sunset shots just kept coming.........

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Around sunset, take a taxi or drive yourself up this steep, bumpy but interesting private road to Carmelitas. Usually, at the base of the road there is someone wanting to collect 100 pesos for which you get a receipt and this is then deducted from your food bill. Up top, after arriving at an open area with a small house you can park and walk up a steep ramp to the restaurant. The waiters are very friendly but the service is not great. The prices are reasonable and the food is good. The arrachera is very good. There is also music and sometimes karaoke! However, very disturbing was a Military Macaw, looking very unhappy, kept in a dirty cage near the house in the parking lot. It is illegal to keep these magnificent birds as pets in Mexico and I hope this bird was a result of nest poaching.