“Best vacation ever.” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Anchorage, Alaska
“Best vacation ever.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

Secrets is a great resort. My wife and I were well taken care of and Raul Gomez made sure everything was perfect. He and his team do a wonderful job. My wife and I celebrated our anniversary while on vacation and everywhere we went, it was noted and we received VIP treatment. The room was great, the service was attentive and the food was wonderful. I honestly don't know what others complain about regarding the service or food. Every experience I had was superb.

Puerta Vallarta itself is full of nice and friendly people. My wife and I felt completely safe within the resort and while visiting Old Town. No worries at all.

Within Secrets, there are plenty of activities to do or not if you simply want to relax. The drinks were great at all locations but if you want extra attention and options, the Preferred Club is a great upgrade. It's convenient to grab a bite to eat or have a drink made fresh to order right as you walk in or out. The desk was always attended by someone friendly and helpful who could answer any question I had or help in some way.

Room service was prompt and exactly what I ordered. My room was cleaned and turned down each day and everything was stocked and restocked in my fridge. Again, we were taken care of! What a great place with great staff. From top to bottom the best vacation I've had.

The only problem I have with Secrets is that I'm not still there. Seriously, if you are considering staying here and are still undecided, go ahead and book your trip. I hope to see you there.....

Stayed November 2013
3 Thank SCtoAK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,174)
  • Korean first
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

We went to relax and relax we did. We read the reviews before and knew what to expect. We went on off season and it was so nice. We stayed by the pool and met new friends...dank more than we wish to admit.

The staff of the resort was amazing. So friendly from the start.

If you like "pool time" seek out the server Omar Martinez. He is the best and oh so very kind.

The beach...scratch if off the list...it's a "no go." We new that going into it...we were ok with it...knowing Cancun was in January.

We met amazing people by just saying hi to those around and hearing the stories they had to give.

Downtown Puerto Vallarta was...well...dead. It was off season. Most of the restaurants were closed and we were so hounded by the locals that walking around peacefully was impossible. Don't get me wrong...was it fun..yes...was it something I want to do again...no.... Sorry Puerto Vallarta...fun...but.........

The resort was clean. The food was standard or above. The rooms were nice. We had a bit of trouble getting our room cleaned daily. Not sure if it was us...or the service. There was a energy saver situation in place. Which was completely annoying. We live in Missouri. Completely landlocked is our life. We always do vacation by a beach an love to sleep with the balcony door open to hear the ocean. However...if you open the sliding doors...the A/C is turned off automatically. BOO... The bathroom is modern a very fancy. Ok......the floors...they get wet when you open the doors because they are cold and the outside is humid. That makes the floors sweat. So...1 keep doors closed. 2. keep lots of extra towels to dry the floors as they sweat. Not a biggy...shut door...turn air down...go to pool.

I would visit this resort again.

Room Tip: Go high for a sunset view. if you get a swim out...go as close to beach as possible.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Time121
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

In September, we went for my wife's birthday, along with another couple. We came to party- and party we did. And so did the other guest. We met people from all over, who were celebrating anniversaries, honeymoons, birthdays, you name it. It was all the more festive, as it was a holiday weekend (Independence day) AND the Alvarez/ Maywether fight was showing at the hotel ballrroom). When/ If I ever make it back to SVB- it will definitely be on that same holiday weekend!

This was our first "Preferred Room" catagory stay- and it was worth it. The bars already serve premium brands- but the preferred bar kicks it up a notch. "Anjeo" is now my favorite word. The rooms were very nice- we played in the jacuzzi on the balcony. 24 hour room service is always a plus.

The service was timely. The food was great- I had an awesome steak, or lamb, or something. My wife has a review on here that list the dinig experience in more detail.

Even on the days that it rained, the entertainment staff handled it well.

We ventured over to the Now side- I envision that we will one day be staying on that side one of these days. The service and amenities were still great.

This resort is worth going to for the spa alone- I think that must be a common theme with Secrets.

They obviously work hard to keep the grounds ooking luxurious. They do a great job of making you feel like a superstar while you are there. A return is definitely in the forseeable future.

Room Tip: When in doubt- get a swim out (behind the bushes)! or a preferred room....
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Derrick D
Mackenzie, British Columbia, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

We had an awesome time at Secrets aside from the last day that we were there. My boyfriend and I were enjoying our last day having a few drinks by the pool when my boyfriend was drugged. He had grabbed a bottle of water and drank it and that was the last thing he remembered. We left the hotel and went to the airport and by the time we sat down to have a bite to eat at the airport whatever he was drugged with had just kicked in. The drug made him act crazy and he ended up getting the crap beat out of him by the police at the airport, we ended up missing our flight and went to the hospital. We almost didn't make it back to Canada. It was terrifying. On a happier note, the hotel service was good, the rooms are awesome and the pools were great, there is not enough attention paid to what is being served. A rather horrid ending an otherwise great vacation. My boyfriend is currently in the hospital receiving treatment from being beaten so bad.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CanadianGirl573
Mauricio M, General Manager at Secrets Vallarta Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
CanadianGirl573,

Thank you for allowing us to host you on your recent visit to our beautiful city. It pleases us to know you had a great time and that our staff, service and suites were to your liking.
The incident with your boyfriend is terrible; I can assure you that whatever substance or incident suspect of causing this did not come from this resort, our water or our staff. The safety and integrity of our guests is a paramount priority to us and it is not taken it lightly in the least. Bottled water is always served sealed and the waiter will only open it if asked and in your presence.
Guests are asked to report any illegal or suspicious behavior as soon as it happens to our highly trained staff immediately. In the event medical attention is needed there is an on-site licensed MD 24 hours a day 7 days a week available.

We are glad to hear you are home safely and wish your boyfriend a speedy recovery. We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Respectfully,

Mauricio Martinez
Madison, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

Close to the airport and check in was quick and efficient. Employees were great. Maid service was excellent and took care of our special requests. Room was lovely and all had a balcony. Food was fantastic and service was superb. Only complaint was it was extremely hot and humid and there were only outside bars with no AC other than the ones in the restaurants. We were in a large group and really no comfortable place to gather. Also, if the "Kitchen Tour" is available take it. About 11/2-2 hours but it was well worth the time!!!!!

Room Tip: I do not think the extra price of a room in the "preferred building" was worth the cost,CV
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank tomarla
Puerto Vallarta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

From the moment we arrived at the resort we were treated like royalty with cold towels and champagne given to us. Checkin was smooth and quick and our luggage was delivered quickly. The resort is beautiful, the rooms very comfortable, all restaurants we attended had attentive servers and delicious food. Pool area was spotless and endless drinks made to order were perfect. At all times the staff were available, funny and helpful. Our trip was wonderful and we will return

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Debra S
Puerto Vallarta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

everyone friendly courteous. clean. Safe to eat anything, food good, lounge beach areas too crowded for comfort. had problems with maid service during day, 1 turn down service in 7 nights. room smelled bad (humidity in room causing stink) Fixed after running a de humidifier in room 24 hrs/day for week. They turned off ac early on the morning we left which will restart the problem..

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Vallarta
Sunscape Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa
Sunscape Puerto Vallarta Resort ...
#41 of 127 in Puerto Vallarta
Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta
Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta
#8 of 27 in Nuevo Vallarta
4.5 of 5 bubbles 4,324 reviews

Been to Secrets Vallarta Bay Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!