Now Amber Puerto Vallarta
US$331
US$269
US$218
  • Breakfast included
Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$534
US$159
  • Pool
Barcelo Puerto Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$264
US$249
  • Breakfast included
Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$146
Melia.com
  • Breakfast included
Canto Del Sol Plaza Vallarta(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$261
US$175
  • Pool
Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$207
US$184
  • Pool
Grand Miramar All Luxury Suites & Residences(Puerto Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$179
US$174
Casa Velas(Puerto Vallarta)
US$500
Official Hotel
3,269 results
All reviewspreferred clubcarnival buffetcastaways restauranthealing handsentertainment teamswim up barexplorers clubkids clubcoco cafebarefoot grillpreferred buildingfrench restaurantdress codeocean viewturn down serviceunlimited vacation clubkids pool
Reviewed 25 December 2013

The property and staff are outstanding. The pools and pool areas are immaculate and cleaned daily. The hotel rooms are suburb; A/C worked perfect. Been to numerous all inclusive resorts and found Amber to have the best food among them all. The poor housekeeping staff are totally overworked. We were chasing them down every day to get new towels and new items for our room. We would return to this resort in a heartbeat.

Walk out of the gate to the left and you will find numerous massage places. We used the second one with the tent outside. Better service than 5 star hotels in the states!

Room Tip: We didn't upgrade to a swim-out and/or the preferred club and we never felt that we missed anything. All the rooms have ocean view rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Marc H
Reviewed 22 December 2013

We just got back from our visit to Now Amber and boy what a great vacation it was. Do not hesitate to make this your vacation destination. I had not traveled to Mexico before or stayed at an all inclusive. The service was perfect. They looked after your every need. The food was excellent at every restaurant. I just can't say enough about this trip. We spent most days by the pool being served delicious drinks by friendly attentive people who made your stay a pleasure.

The room was so comfortable we could sleep with the patio door open and listen to the ocean all night. With the ceiling fan on all night we slept like babies. There was none of the too hot or cold with the air conditioning running all the time like in most hotels. We ordered room service for breakfast and ate on our patio most mornings watching the sun rise and the hotel come to life.

I have never been to a resort where the people are so friendly. Every single person we came in contact with was friendly and did their best to make sure you had a wonderful time. I could go on and on but to sum it up.....we are planning a trip back next year. I can see why people become regulars.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 9th floor in an ocean view Jr. suite. We had a jaw dropping view of the sunset and sunrise every night.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Rita F
Mauricio M, General Manager at Now Amber Puerto Vallarta, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Rita F,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent great experience at Now Amber . It was our pleasure being your hosts and are thrilled to know you found everything to your liking. Our staff is always happy to welcome and share our resort along with the beauty and history of Puerto Vallarta with our valued guests. The weather was just perfect during your stay and our well-appointed suites make for the best seat in the house to watch the resort and surrounding nature. We welcome you to the Now Amber family and look forward to welcoming you again next year to envelope you in Unlimited-Luxury® again.

Mauricio Martinez

Reviewed 20 December 2013

Was at the Now Amber in PV in Jan 2013. This is the second review about this resort. I will be back in 3 weeks, which probably says a lot about how I like it; however, few items were better on my first visit. We were at the resort for a wedding, unlike our first trip, which was a family outing.

As we were there for a wedding, many of us arrived at the same time. The Now Amber Preferred tower had one concierge to help over 10 of us. The check in procedure took a long time. Fortunately, Beni the bartender was there to make us feel welcome (He did make some great martinis). One other staff member was there but told us he was busy doing other things while 10 of us awaited check in.

The hotel rooms were still nice and the property still looked as good as a year ago. The staff was great at any location around the property. The restaurants were still as good as previously reviewed.

I did find that the entertainment staff had changed and did not see them as much. Back in Jan 13, the staff was very interactive and got people going. Barely saw them this time. On my previous visit, the entertainment staff also had few nights where they would go in town with hotel guest. I did not see that on my visit this time.

The property was much busier than last year. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday was very difficult to get a chair around the pool. The same 3 days was also difficult to get into a restaurant. Thursday on, the resort got a lot quieter and was easier to get into any restaurants.

As mentioned above, we were there for a wedding. This place went above and beyond what any of us expected. The service was outstanding. The reception was in a secluded area behind Castaways, on the Secrets side. I cannot say enough good things about how they took care of the Bride and Groom’s needs. During the supper, I could barely put my glass down before it was refilled.

One of the things that impressed me the most on my first visit in January 13 was when all the Kitchen staff came out from different restaurants. They had bite size appetizer and walked around the property to get people to taste the food from various restaurants. They even had 2 chefs fully dressed, walked right into the pool by the Manatees bar and started to serve people some sushi. Very original and people loved it. Unfortunately, they did not repeat this on my last visit.

I generally used the Manatees, Preferred and Lobby bar. The Lobby bar had some incredible staff (Thanks Leon and Veronique) and quickly learned what was your preferred drink. The selection was good at the lobby and Manatees (Stoli or Absolut for Vodka). The Preferred had Grey Goose and Kettle one. Unfortunately, the Scotch selection was limited entry level.

Room Tip: All rooms are good. Preferred Tower if you want to be close to the pool and not have to walk to far to get back to your room. The non preferred tower probably has the best view but no Jacuzzi
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank hom409
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Our stay in March 2013 exceeded our expectations. This was our first family AI trip to Mexico, following a number of couple only trips to Cabo and Riviera Maya. PVR, and NOW Amber, won us over! The resort features gorgeous Pacific and mountain views. Close to the Malecon for a quick afternoon trip, and the ride from the airport is fast...15 minutes, at most. Of course, the resort is new, impeccable and gorgeous. Moreover, we were continually impressed by the excellent poolside service, particularly Gustavo. He was always prompt, yet personal enough to know exactly what we wanted at the perfect times. Highly personable, genuinely kind-hearted, and wonderful with our kids. Gustavo literally made our trip full of ultimate relaxation and fun with our kids. Our kids still ask about him! We hope to return one day!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank goharego
Reviewed 18 December 2013

My family, and I spent a lovely week at the Now Amber for my sisters wedding. Check in was a breeze. We stayed in the preferred club. which has it's own buffet, and waiter. This made check in wonderful because we were all starving after the flight. The rooms are beautiful! We had two a-joining because we were travelling with our three children. the preferred club rooms have jacuzzi tubs on the balcony. The rooms also have an added bonus of razors, toothbrush/paste, shaving foam, sunblock (spf15), pringles, M&M's, mini bar. The a la carte restaurants were all really, really good. But the buffet was just so, so. a plus is that they don't need reservations (except the japanese one) if you have children there is two kids clubs the explorers for the younger kids. and the core for ages 13, and up. I've been to other resorts where the kids club staff were way more cheerful. And my children loved going! This kids club they weren't really interested in. Right outside the hotel gates to the left there's a place where you can get a wonderful hour deep tissue massage for only $25!! it's a $6.00 taxi ride to the malecon from the hotel. It's also $6.00 to walmart. the pools were great! our waiter Jorge was really great! he always went above, and beyond! There really wasn't much for entertainment at this resort. Which was kind of disappointing. The beach is clean, but very rocky. We are ocean lovers, but I would only allow my kids to swim in the pools because of the large rocks being ripped around by the waves. There really are that many dislikes about this resort. I would definitely recommend it had a great time! Any questions feel free to ask!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family