“Small resort, great service!!”

Plaza Pelicanos Club Beach Resort
Ranked #44 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed 20 February 2013

This resort is NOT on the beach. But fear not! Lol there is 3 resorts in the coulda sac the right is this one the left (so directly across the way) is the plaza pelicanos grande, to which you would have full access too! Aaannnd there is a beach there! We stayed at a 5*+ in Cancun a few years ago and I preferred this place hands down! It was actually LESS of a walk to the beach here! The service staff are amazing! Especially the hotel manager!! On valentines day he went out of his way. My boyfriend asked him to get me some roses an put then in our room for when we got back that evening and did he ever! The room was also decorated beautiful and romantic. My boyfriend really likes his captain Morgan rum lol and they don't carry it there so we went and bought a bottle at the Walmart, which was only about $9 for a 26 btw!!, and the bartenders had no problems putting our room # on it and keeping behind the bar. If they seen us in the lobby bar they would go over to the pool bar, get the bottle and bring him a drink before he even had to ask for one. Lol there is so much more I could tell you about how wonderful the place is but ill stop rambling hahaha our only complaint was there was alot of locals with there young children up until all hour of the night. But that is not in the control of the resort and I fully understand that! But you def get your $'s worth here! :-)

• Stayed: February 2013
4  Thank Tia_strauss

Reviewed 19 February 2013

From the moment you walk in you can understand why this place is cheap. There isn't even a proper reception area. We only stayed for 1 night and upgraded to a better resort. There were ants in the bed, the safe did not work and the front desk did nothing about it, the food was far from good and not even labeled. This is a very basic hotel. Don't let the pictures fool you, this is by far a 3.5 star hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Danielle G
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Well first things first. We just got back from Plaza Pelicanos Club Feb 16/2013. was a great little resort. Just so U know that most pictures U will see is of the Grand on the internet. This is not the Grand but we walked through the Grand when we where there, the Grand is smaller I think then the club, Only the Grand is beach front an the Club is not but the Club has its own beach area which has its own sit up bar pool an its a very nice area to hang out an soak up some sun. There is a buffet style lunch there most of the day. First few days we stayed at the pool right at the main hotel after the 3rd day, there where lots an I mean lots of mexican tourist an kids. We have no problems with kids but it was very loud at that pool. At the beach club was much quieter. The main hotel pool has a kids pool. There is so much space for a small resort that u can find a place to relax. Food was good for the one week stay. Remember this is Mexico not your home city, There is spicy food an none spicy but its mexico so there is lots of spicy food. Drinks where awesume. This Is a great resort if u go with a open mind. Not once did we get bugged for timeshare at this resort.

Room Tip: We had a room facing main pool. Great view
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank joedarmar
Reviewed 14 February 2013

We stayed at the Pelicanos Beach Resort Feb. 1, 2013 for 1 week, all inclusive. It was an older resort but the service, cleanliness, hospitality, food, beds, were all fabulous!!! Cheers to all the employees there who make everything work for you!! No matter what, they were there to do whatever they needed to do! Great location...60 pesos for cab ride to old town and the front desk would exchange Canadian money into pesos for you. There was only 1 problem that we were not happy about,...and this is our own personal feelings....on their long weekend, the locals overran the resort, took over the pools, buffet, and facilities with their kids. We thought it was ok because it was a holiday there.....but they just kept coming everyday......yes, we love going to Mexico, but all the kids were a bit much when we were trying to enjoy our vacation. However, the resort next door (the Sunset Plaza), had no locals....it was a 4 star and obviously more expensive so it was not affordable for them. Next time, we may stay there....
If we had to, we would definitely stay there again...it really was a great place!!

Room Tip: all the rooms are the same I believe.....they are quite large too but there are no blaconies anywher...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sherry J
Reviewed 13 February 2013

This so-called resort was the worst I've ever stayed at. Upon arriving at 4:00 a.m., I attempted to sleep on the lobby couch which was quieter than the local's huge party next to my room. The staff did nothing to address the out-of-hand noise. They said they had no room to relocate me, and I'd have to remain there for at least one more night. They advertise blow dryers in the rooms, but it took four hours to get staff to supply one and another eight hours to get the safe fixed so I didn't have to lug my valuables. When one calls the desk, they ignore the phone (confirmed by other guests). The odor of mould and dank was so strong in the room, it was difficult to breathe. The front desk staff was rude and totally unhelpful in getting anything accomplished, I don't know where to end with the issues in that place. The food was also horrible and the beach is only accessible through another hotel. I spent my first day and half like other guests just trying to get assistance for all the problems with the place. The local Sunwing rep admitted even he has problems dealing with the hotel staff and doesn't like going there. I then paid to upgrade and moved to the sister hotel Plaza Pelicanos Grande along with a group of other fleeing guests. A guest told me the day before others had also upgraded to get out of there. The sister hotel is like night and day with friendly staff that doesn't miss a beat, great service all around, so thankfully I finished my week in a most excellent environment. I don't only not recommend this place, but say run for your life!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank LongLiveCuba
Reviewed 10 February 2013

My daughter had stayed at Plaza Pelicanos Beach Club a few years ago, so when I was coming to PV and wanted to stay in a nice, clean place at a decent price, she recommended it. It was perfect for my 1st time there. Breakfast was the best meal, but lunch and dinner were fine. We never made it to either of the restaurants. Both pools were nice though we preferred the one by the ocean. We did have a few frustrating kinks at the start of our visit but once ironed out we did enjoy our stay.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 February 2013 via mobile

This all-inclusive is cheap for a reason. All they feed you is junk, terrible food and even worse drinks, only water and beer (?) are safe. The staff is so narrow-minded they are not only incapable of solving any minor issue, they make a big deal out of everything —you cannot sit here, drink that, walk through there, use those, eat past this line... Each one of them is commited to ensure that you have a frustrating stay. If you spill something, be ready to clean it yourself OR GET CHARGED for the extra work! Never again.

• Stayed: January 2013